Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 27-12-2011, 03:43 AM   #1
dramaqueen
Mariana :)

I'm sort of relapsing

Hey guys

It's been a while since I posted here and I've been doing pretty well for the past year - started exercising, watching my diet, lost a lot of weight...

The thing is, what I was most happy about, I managed to have a nearly normal relationship with food for most of the year. Sure, some times I was feeling a little crappy and binged, but even on these times I managed not to hate myself so much for it and keep on working for myself instead of against.

Now it's been about a month since I started to fall back on some bad patterns. It's not so much what I eat or even how much, it's the mindset - thinking about food all the time, planing my day around it, doing stuff like going out or skipping family programs just so I can be alone and eat. I guess some people here will know what I mean.

The thinking part was definitely the most difficult for me to change all along. I'm worried about this relapse. I sort of don't really know what to do with myself, this is starting the negative self-talk in my head and all that jazz. So I thought I'd post here, I could use some advice/support.

Thanks in advance and I hope that you all are doing good and enjoying the Holidays.

xo, Mariana

dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2011, 12:55 PM   #2
Sooty
Sophie

I am currently:

Hi Mariana

*hugs you* It sounds like you were doing so so well for a very long time so the onset of a relapse must be a scary thought.

Do you know if there's anything that has set off this mind set recently? Could it have possibly been the holidays? If you have managed to stay strong and focused before, that proves to yourself that you CAN do it!

Sorry I haven't been much help. I really hope you find that strength within you again.

Sophie.x

Soon... Now will be then...Today will be yesterday... Present will be past...And thought will be memory... So...Live for the future! Make your future how you want it!

Sooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2011, 03:49 PM   #3
dramaqueen
Mariana :)

Thanks for the response :)
It is always helpful, even for the acknowledgment.

I guess the holidays don't help a lot. Knowing that there's a lot of sweets lying around on the fridge is never quite helpful. And I also think I've been feeling lonely with my friends being busy/distant and my best friend out of the country. And anxious about some stuff. I admit I'm not coping too well with my feelings lately and the feeling that I'm losing control over my eating adds to it - I freak out, I cope even less.

dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)