RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-11-2020, 06:48 PM   #1
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:
Sad news concerning Rowie/Rowena

Hi guys, I have permission from her family to post this update. Rowie's (can't remember her screen names) daughter contacted me a couple of weeks ago, if anyone wants to send messages etc I'm happy to pass them on - here is her message:

Hi all, I hope you’re all well.
I hope it’s okay for me to message you from this group my mum (Rowena) made in 2012! I was about to post something to her Facebook, but that may be too public for her liking. And I’m guessing you were all close to mum at one time for her to send you her phone number ����

Mum has had a very tough year this year, and has unfortunately been diagnosed with early onset dementia at the age of 57. She is moving into a lovely care home in Colchester on Tuesday, and while we can’t visit her at the moment due to COVID restrictions, they are allowing Skype calls and are allowing me to drop things of to her. I’d love to make her a memory book full of photos and memories if you have any. I understand that this Facebook group was made a long time ago and you probably haven’t had any contact with her in a while, but it’s worth a shot! ☺️ please let me know if you’d like to send any photos you may have, or pass on a message to her etc. Or if you are aware of anyone mum was close to who aren’t in this group, please let me know. If you’d like to message me privately, that’s fine too!

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2020, 12:31 AM   #2
Auror.
Camden

Was her username ~Grace~? If so I do remember her and I'm really sorry to hear about this. It sounds like her family is trying to help and being good to her though so that is important. <3

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2020, 01:56 PM   #3
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

Hi yes she was ~Grace~ but not sure what else she was known as. Its sad but makes sense in some ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror. View Post
Was her username ~Grace~? If so I do remember her and I'm really sorry to hear about this. It sounds like her family is trying to help and being good to her though so that is important. <3

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.

Mand x

Old 19-11-2020, 05:45 PM   #4
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

Oh my beautiful Rowie! I just thought of you the other day. I’m so sorry to hear this but I’m glad the home is nice. You were such a source of comfort and love despite your own struggles and you’ve been greatly missed on this support board! Sending love to a true fighter, beautiful inside and out xx

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2020, 05:46 PM   #5
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

Thank you for posting this Mandy. Hope you and the girls are doing well . I’ll let Kelli and Rachel know too x

Last edited by Pomegranate : 19-11-2020 at 05:51 PM.

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Old 20-11-2020, 06:47 PM   #6
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

Hi

We are ok thanks, little one is moving to secondary school in September so transition stuff happening now.

I've let Rachel (keithsmommy/apple) know as we are still in contact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomegranate View Post
Thank you for posting this Mandy. Hope you and the girls are doing well . I’ll let Kelli and Rachel know too x

Mand x

Old 21-11-2020, 12:06 AM   #7
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

Thanks Mand, I can’t believe she (C?) is so old! Yeah Rach replied and said you’d told her. I told Romp/Kelli too. Wasn’t sure whether to message on the fb or not cos she’s not used it regularly for a while that I can see (we are fb friends) x

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Old 22-11-2020, 08:08 PM   #8
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

I passed your message on to Rowie's daughter.

C is the eldest in Yr 8! I can't believe I'll have a teenager in a few months. Sge has the attitude, spots and BO to remind me though!

Mand x

Old 14-01-2021, 09:38 PM   #9
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

How is Rowie doing? I hope she is settling in ok. Thoughts are with her and her daughter and family x

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Old 07-07-2021, 10:07 AM   #10
bluecherry

I am currently:

Hello, I haven’t been on here for 15 years, and have been thinking a lot about Rowie recently, I posted on a FB group looking for her, and then came back here and saw your sad news. I hope she is safe and sound and doing ok in her new home. We used to email a lot and she saw me through some very dark difficult times, she was a shining light for me and I hope I helped her a wee bit too. I’m not sure if she would remember me at all, but she saved my life, and I’m happy for you to let her know that. Please give her all my love, Miriam / Bluecherry

bluecherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2021, 11:39 PM   #11
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

Hi, no news from her daughter I think she just wanted to let people know initially. If she sends any updates I'll let you know.

Mand x

Old 17-09-2022, 03:17 PM   #12
Chrissyann

I’ve not been on here for years but used to spend an awful lot of time chatting with Rowie. If you’re still in touch, please pass on my love and best wishes.

Chrissy x

Chrissyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2023, 03:20 AM   #13
Dash
Phoenix

I am currently:

I know the original post was made a long time ago, but what sad news. I used to meet Rowie and go and do photography with her. I’m so saddened to hear that she’s become so unwell. I wonder how she is now.

Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2023, 09:18 PM   #14
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

I was just thinking about both Rach and Rowie last night. I miss them both. Any updates on Rowie Mandi?

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Old 22-09-2023, 11:32 AM   #15
Dash
Phoenix

I am currently:

I have an update. I’ve asked if I can update publicly and not received a response. So Mandi, Pomegranate, and anyone else, if you want to message me, I can share it there.

Old 23-09-2023, 11:27 PM   #16
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Hey Dash, I don't know if you mean that you've not received a response from her family about updating publicly or from the moderators. If the latter, feel free to send me a PM. If not, apologies for intruding.

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2023, 06:34 AM   #17
Dash
Phoenix

I am currently:

Families. I didn’t even consider I was supposed to check with mods first?

I just wanted to respect the family but also let her friends know- those who wanted to know. Which is a fine balance. And posting to inform an update and being willing to do that privately felt like an appropriate option, given the circumstances.

Old 24-09-2023, 07:50 AM   #18
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Thanks for clarifying, that makes total sense, just wanted to check we hadn’t missed something. And dw, it sounds like you’re being appropriately sensitive to everyone’s needs.

(Also sorry would have this conversation privately but you have PMs turned off)

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2023, 08:27 AM   #19
Dash
Phoenix

I am currently:

Oh! I didn’t know that. That’s not going to help with inviting people to PM me. Thanks for the heads up. I’ll see if I can work out how to turn them on.

Old 24-09-2023, 08:28 AM   #20
Dash
Phoenix

I am currently:

Thank you. They are on now.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)