Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 23-11-2010, 02:45 AM   #1
Spyke
Ryan Adams would-be

I am currently:
My Chemical Romance- Danger Days

What are peoples' thoughts on the new record? I personally enjoy it, although I'm let down that it's not the garage punk record they talked about. Now I guess they've said that record was scrapped. Still, this is an interesting take on dance rock, imo. What do y'all think?

impeccableblahs' minion and plaything!

All my life, I've been locked into the darkness, trying to find a peaceful song to sing when everything goes wrong.

"I said 'puck you,' with a 'P!' You don't even know how to spell..."

I view want from to rot walk I in that the skinny snow so and be not to leave want a I footprint

Spyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 04:04 AM   #2
PrincessVegeta_x
I'm epic!

I am currently:

I love the songs 'Sing' and 'Na Na Na' but I'm not sure about the rest of the album. Been a fan ever since their 1st album & I don't know, they've changed, I don't really like the direction they've gone in but whether that's just because it needs to grow on me, I don't know...

'Parade' was better, that's been their best album so far in my opinion. I guess if I give it time, my opinions may change! x

"How can I be a gynecologist? I can barely look a woman in the eye!"

If you like Glee & have a thing for the Kurt/Blaine pairing please click this link, thx! x
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bvJULBFYz4

PrincessVegeta_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 12:58 PM   #3
Kitkat :)
A thousand mile journey starts with the first step

I am currently:

I saw them live last month and they played Planetary which I think is a really good song.

I still need to download their album haha but I do like Na na na.

I loved their second album, I thought all the songs on that were great.

Kitkat :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 01:04 PM   #4
All I know is falling.

I loved "3 Cheers For Sweet Revenge", but then I hated "Welcome to The Death Parade"..

So far what I've heard off of this album is pretty good :) I missed MCR.

All I know is falling. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 06:43 PM   #5
Spyke
Ryan Adams would-be

I am currently:

I agree, I can't stand the Black Parade. I much prefer their first two. But this album is growing on me quickly.

All my life, I've been locked into the darkness, trying to find a peaceful song to sing when everything goes wrong.

I view want from to rot walk I in that the skinny snow so and be not to leave want a I footprint

Old 23-11-2010, 07:10 PM   #6
GlitterTrashDoll
eZine Editor

I am currently:

I really like this album! I really like their whole new sound.
I'm gonna try and buy it tomorrow when I go to town tomorrow.

Plus, I love thier new look! :D

DILLIGAF

"itís when youíre acting selflessly, that you are at your bravest"
- Four.
CTFxC'er forever.

GlitterTrashDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2010, 02:52 PM   #7
nevermind

I am currently:

Used to like them before they sold out, their newer stuff is just bland pop with awful lyrics.
Having said that,"Na na na" is catchyy.

nevermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2010, 03:13 PM   #8
Lucius.
Luscious Mouthful.

I am currently:

I love the new album. My favourite songs are Bulletproof Heart and Sing =]

Lucius. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2010, 03:43 PM   #9
All I know is falling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermind View Post
Used to like them before they sold out, their newer stuff is just bland pop with awful lyrics.
Having said that,"Na na na" is catchyy.
I don't understand how a band can really 'sell out'

They changed their sound, and that's normal for a band. They're still doing what they love, just with a different sound, and that's okay.

Old 24-11-2010, 04:24 PM   #10
nevermind

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by All I know is falling. View Post
I don't understand how a band can really 'sell out'

They changed their sound, and that's normal for a band. They're still doing what they love, just with a different sound, and that's okay.
Yeah to change the style of music slightly is natural for a band but to completely change the style of music to something more universal and radio friendly to get more recognition, and thus more money is selling out in my opinion.

nevermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2010, 04:40 PM   #11
RenewedHope
formerly: Ghosted Liberation & GhostsInSnow

I am currently:

I hate the term sell out (I'm not having a go at the person who said it and I'm not trying to make an argument)
I just think it's natural for a band to change as they spend more time making music and if they never changed then people would go the opposite way and say that they're being boring. Also, they can't help the recognition they got. They get it because they're a good band and have put a lot of meaningful music out.
I personally think that they've gone back to the more stripped down sound and added some electronic sound effects rather than completely change their sound.
There is definitely old MCR in that album.

Anyways, I've been a fan from the very beginning and I love their new album, especially Sing, Destroya and Party Poison xD

RenewedHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2010, 04:56 PM   #12
Crescendo
Ella.

I just brought there album yesterday, its a great album but no where near as good as Three Cheers and Black Parade
My fav songs are bulletproof heart ad planetary ;D

If you look in the mirror and don't like what you see, you can find out first hand what it's like to be me.

Crescendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2010, 05:14 PM   #13
GlitterTrashDoll
eZine Editor

I am currently:

I don't think a band can "sell-out".

All bands sell merchandise, yes? that can be classes as selling out. If an artist doesn't want to "sell-out" and just be an artist, then they should just perform.

Bands have videos, t-shirts, merchandise etc etc to help get their name out there, and they are a brand too. The minute a band sells a t-shirt they are selling out.

Watch this video from 10:21 to see Andy Sixx's view on "sell-outs", I share the exact same view as him.

DILLIGAF

- Four.
CTFxC'er forever.

Old 24-11-2010, 05:27 PM   #14
Lucius.
Luscious Mouthful.

I am currently:

I don't get how a band call sell-out either. Bands change and develop, and are at different points in their lives when certain albums come out. MCR are happier now than they have ever been, so why would they write metaphorically depressing music just so that people who aren't happy with their lives can relate to it? It's like we're saying that bands have to remain depressed for us to like them, which is not a supportive attitude to have at all.

Old 24-11-2010, 05:33 PM   #15
GlitterTrashDoll
eZine Editor

I am currently:

Basically, I don't believe there is such a thing as "sell-out". Bands are just getting their names out in different ways now.

DILLIGAF

- Four.
CTFxC'er forever.

Old 24-11-2010, 06:40 PM   #16
Spyke
Ryan Adams would-be

I am currently:

I can definitely see how a band could sell out. That said, I don't think that's the case with My Chem. They changed their sound, and incidentally got popular. I'm not gonna so far as to say that the Way brothers are such market geniuses to think, when writing the Black Parade, "ok, emo stadium pop punk is gonna get us radio play," because honestly, if it hadn't happened, it wouldn't be believable. The Black Parade, the album that kinda sorta could be called a sell out, is more or less an approximation of Queen (thank you Ray) through the lens of a bunch of hardcore punk fans. It doesn't take a music business degree to tell you that the only way that's gonna get serious top 40 charting is total dumb luck, which it did.

Fall Out Boy, on the other hand, are the complete definition of sell-out. Anyone remember Take This To Your Grave? Anybody remember whatever their album after From Under The Cork Tree was called? You know, the one with the funk punk number and the piano ballad? Yeah. THAT was a deliberate swipe at mainstream exposure. Bands can get popular without selling out; bands can't form themselves to be popular without selling out.

Old 24-11-2010, 08:40 PM   #17
star_shine

I am currently:

havent heard it but out of my old love for mcr ive it ordered but part of me didnt want to. i read their recent interview in kerrang (a rag i havent bought in months but had to for them) and i felt a little part of my mcr love die inside - they came of so bad with this whole image thing and new sound taking over - i dunno if anyone read it but when he went on about how he would be annoyed if fans didnt dress as these new characters i thought that was so pretentious and stupid (i mean to expect people to buy into that rubbish and to spend money that people dont have on these characters- what happened to being a band). i still paid for the album but gonna be unpopular here and say sell-out was a term that came to my mind a few times... (but then again it did when parade came out, i didnt buy that rubbish...)

I want to give you the world if you just stay with me tonight,
I want to give you the world if you just hold me tight!

<3 Build a fortress around my heart <3

star_shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2010, 08:48 PM   #18
Lucius.
Luscious Mouthful.

I am currently:

I read that interview and I never thought they came off as 'bad'. I got the feeling that Gerard was joking when he said that, and bear in mind that he said it whilst feeling incredibly depressed. Probably trying to use humour to make himself feel better.

This is not directed at anyone, but I like how if someone doesn't like a band any more, they tend to call them a sell-out, instead of accepting that sometimes their tastes change or that they just happen to not like that album. No, it's always the band's fault. They've always 'sold out!!!!'

Last edited by Lucius. : 24-11-2010 at 09:41 PM.
Old 24-11-2010, 08:54 PM   #19
All I know is falling.

Exactly, thank you Gabz!

Just because you don't like a band anymore, that does not mean they sold-out. People change. Bands change.

Old 24-11-2010, 10:40 PM   #20
RenewedHope
formerly: Ghosted Liberation & GhostsInSnow

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.Heart.Dwarf View Post
This is not directed at anyone, but I like how if someone doesn't like a band any more, they tend to call them a sell-out, instead of accepting that sometimes their tastes change or that they just happen to not like that album. No, it's always the band's fault. They've always 'sold out!!!!'
I love you Gabz :)

RenewedHope is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)