Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 16-12-2014, 06:40 AM   #1
Mihashi

I am currently:
Tracking driving emotion?

So, I guess I'll do a quick update.

Last week Sunday, I SHed in front of my dad (even while trying to reel back to prevent doing it). He noticed I wasn't totally in control of myself, so my parents took me to the emergency room. Long story short there, I spoke with a crisis worker there, and we decided to meet with my therapist 3 times a week instead of just 1. After discussing this, my therapist taught me a deep breathing technique that's helped quite a bit, and has even gotten me out of a potential SH situation. Last meeting, he asked me to do 2 things (kind of).

1. keep track of the main emotion driving me
2. keep track of sadness

My guess is that he wants to diagnose me with depression and get those gears set in motion.

Problem is that I don't really know what emotion drives me, if any. I also can't really tell the amount of sadness I have. I've tried tracking it, but I can't really come up with a clear answer. Any ideas on how to get a better picture?

Mihashi is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 17-12-2014, 05:41 PM   #2
Tig

I'm sorry to hear things have been hard for you. It's great that you are working with a therapist and are keen to do the work.

I'm wondering with the tracking sadness if it would be helpful for you to imagine it on a scale of 1-10? You could always flip it so that on a scale of 1-10 you would measure happiness and say you measure a 3, then you know that your score for sadness is 7.

If you are finding it hard to identify which emotion is the trigger, would it be helpful to write down the situation that occurred and what was going on at the time instead of focusing on the emotion? You could write down things such as where you were, sensations you felt (ie restless legs, heavy chest etc) and thoughts you were having. This might help you and your therapist to identify the emotion together.

Good luck x

Tig is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)