Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 20-11-2014, 01:49 PM   #1
Mihashi

I am currently:
To go to class or not to go?

I know this really sounds like a stupid question, but I constantly debate on this.

I have a certain class that asks for quite a bit of homework, and it's also very early in the morning. We also just had a checkup of how much we did, and it's clearly going to turn out that I didn't do very much. The idea the teacher is trying to get into our heads is how to do little by little so we can accomplish a bigger task. And with me, that's kind of a problem, which I'll probably post as a different thread.

But the thing is, I don't want to make the teacher angry, and wondering why I even deserve an education from this man when I've missed so many classes without calling and explaining to him (even if they have medical reasons). I know it's my education, and technically I shouldn't be feeling responsible for other people's feelings, but I really do get the feeling that he'll be mad at me and throw me out of the class on the spot, perhaps in a fit of rage, asking me why I think I deserve what I want when I've proven I'm not worthy for it.

So... I'm in a bit of a jam here. Do I go?

Mihashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2014, 02:21 PM   #2
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

Yes go, the more you avoid it the worse you will feel. It will make him much less understanding if you keep avoiding his class, it's best to face the music.

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
My spoken words.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

griddlebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2014, 03:07 PM   #3
Mihashi

I am currently:

Okay, what about now? It takes me 30 minutes to get to the class, and I haven't even started going. Is it worth to go even though I'll be very, very, very late and I'll be interrupting the class?

Old 20-11-2014, 10:33 PM   #4
Mihashi

I am currently:

So I did end up going. I still feel like I'm wasting people's time by arriving late.

Old 21-11-2014, 01:10 AM   #5
Aardbei
Mali - Deputy Head Forum Moderator

I am currently:

I'm glad you went. It's really difficult when you've been skipping and are feeling negative about it so it was really brave of you to go and you should be proud of yourself. Better to be late than not go at all!

Would it be worth talking to the teacher about your worries/health issues meaning you're missing classes and seeing if he can help? Maybe he can send across some extra reading material to help you feel more caught up.

Aardbei is online now   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)