Live Help

Forum Jump

Old 07-08-2014, 11:43 AM   #1
Zombie..

I am currently:
extreme dry mouth

i keep haveing a dry mouth its very dry if i have no juice or water its gets so dry it effects me talking my lips are also dry am on medication
that give me dry mouth but this is extreme
it gets worse when am upset or panicky

Old 07-08-2014, 12:46 PM   #2
Heidi Tiger
Loon NOS

I am currently:

I've had this as a side effect of medication that was increased by anxiety. It's not pleasant. But I found that sips of liquid or sucking boiled sweets was the best solution. I did get some synthetic saliva from the chemists, but really didn't like it. However it may be worth a shot, if you don't feel like you can be drinking all the time.

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination

Old 07-08-2014, 02:30 PM   #3
Sneckie
RYL First Aid Advisor

I am currently:

It may help to increase the amount of fluids you drink if you are on a medication that causes you to have a dry mouth. Other options like said already are boiled sweets plus chewing gum. For your lips you can use a moisturiser like vaseline.

Many of us spend our whole lives running from feeling with the mistaken belief that you cannot bear the pain. But you have already borne the pain. What you have not done is feel all you are beyond that pain."

Kahlil Gibran

Old 07-08-2014, 02:47 PM   #4
Animad

Has your medication changed recently or can you think of anything that occurred around the time that this started?

There's a few possible things that could be the cause, 1 being due to medication, another being due to problems with the salivary glands or the nerves going to them. Being stressed/ really anxious can cause this too.

Old 07-08-2014, 03:52 PM   #5
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

I get this due to my medication and it gets worse when I'm anxious or really hot. I do have to keep sipping water throughout the day!

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

Old 09-08-2014, 11:05 PM   #6
Epicene

I am currently:

I get this terribly due to meds. Chewing sugar free gum, drinking water (avoid anything caffeinated) and sucking hard boiled sweets can all help. My dentist advised me not to ignore it and keep my mouth as moist as possible, as dry mouth can make gum disease more likely.

Old 09-08-2014, 11:21 PM   #7
Animad

Really just doing things to help increase salivation, unless you've been directed to do this by medical personnel, isn't the right option. The reasons for this need to be investigated and then they need to look at what, if anything, can be done. It may be that people think I'm looking at this a bit over the top but nerve damage, an imbalance of chemicals, problems with the salivary glands and even problems with the brain as well as meds can cause this and therefore seeing your doctor is important especially as you can develop problems with your mouth, throat, teeth and even your stomach (and potentially further reaching parts of your body) if this continues, never mind problems that can come from the potential cause of it if it's not purely a side effect of the medication.

Old 12-08-2014, 05:19 AM   #8
lord of luck
brynn

I am currently:

I get this because of my meds too. It helps me to have water with about a tablespoon of lemon juice in the water, it somehow helps more than the water by itself. hope this helps :)

you bleed just to know you're alive

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)