Live Help

Forum Jump

Old 30-07-2014, 03:46 AM   #1
xxmoonxraverxx
Lilli, 18, Florida

I am currently:
Sexual Health - chronic yeast infections uugghh

okay so i'm a type 1 diabetic and get chronic yeast infections, like, constant itching and i can't keep going to the doctor and the suppositories are awkward to use like noooooo i can't just put stuff up there. i mean, i guess i could. anybody else have suggestions?

X X X X

|-/

One Hug Given By:
Old 30-07-2014, 04:08 AM   #2
Patent Pending
★ Katie ★

I am currently:

I'm a T1 too and am in a similar boat with having them almost constantly. I found using the feminine hygiene wash helps a little. You're probably best asking your DSN to see if they can suggest anything.

x x x

It's the ups and downs of living life this way. Promise me you'll never go away. Just stay with me through one more night because it's always darkest before the light and now I promise you I'll never turn away. I won't let you give us one less heart to break...

Old 30-07-2014, 04:45 AM   #3
xxmoonxraverxx
Lilli, 18, Florida

I am currently:

ok thanks, i can do the suppository tonight but it makes me feel gross. oh well, i guess gross is better than itching

X X X X

|-/

Old 30-07-2014, 06:04 PM   #4
Emmabob.

I am currently:

have u had swabs done to be 100% it is a yeast infection?

Last edited by Animad : 30-07-2014 at 09:41 PM. Reason: It's against the rules to mention suggestions for treatment such as what's been edited
Old 30-07-2014, 07:15 PM   #5
Heidi Tiger
Loon NOS

I am currently:

Are you taking preventative measures such as not using scented soaps and toiletries down there and wearing cotton underwear? Some women also find that eating yoghurt helps their symptoms, natural yoghurt is also soothing on the itch, but make sure it is natural and un scented

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination

Old 30-07-2014, 09:48 PM   #6
Animad

This needs to be discussed with your diabetic nurse and/ or your GP really as well as, like Heidi says above, look at other methods. I'm unsure whether eating yoghurt will help; some people will find natural yoghurt may help there symptoms but that's not everyone and eating it probably makes no difference apart from having a healthy diet. However, being a diabetic, controlling your blood sugars as good as possible will reduce the severity of other problems though that's not always easy or, in fact, possible.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)