Live Help

Forum Jump

Old 24-07-2014, 12:13 AM   #1
chickenpie
Gem

I am currently:
Severe swelling of ankles feet and toes

Its come on today and got worse through today, now I'm struggling to push my feet forward as it just feels so tight and uncomfortable. I'm not sure whats wrong.

*I took the morning after pill last Friday, could it have caused tis?

*I had the implant inserted today, is this a reaction?

*If for some reason the morning after pill hasn't worked (which I have been warned about because of where I am in my cycle and I left it too late to have a coil fitted) would I be having this swelling because I'm very early pregnant?

*I sunburned on Tuesday, but not really very bad. I don't think this is likely but could it be a problem?

I'm very worried and not sure whats wrong my ankles feet and toes have never been like this and they are sore to touch if I press on them (not sore from the sunburn, more a deep stinging sore like I've pushed a needle into the skin).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Gemx x

Don't touch me

I am not my diagnosis

Old 24-07-2014, 12:19 AM   #2
chickenpie
Gem

I am currently:

I'm in bed with feet raised, and my feet are throbbing and my lower legs downwards are very painful? Sorry I'm just worried don't know what to do.

Don't touch me

I am not my diagnosis

Old 24-07-2014, 02:06 AM   #3
Patent Pending
★ Katie ★

I am currently:

I hope someone can be of more use but I'd phone NHS direct.

x x x

It's the ups and downs of living life this way. Promise me you'll never go away. Just stay with me through one more night because it's always darkest before the light and now I promise you I'll never turn away. I won't let you give us one less heart to break...

Old 24-07-2014, 10:13 AM   #4
Heidi Tiger
Loon NOS

I am currently:

You do get some feet swelling in pregnancy, but not til later on, so it's unlikely to be that.
Hot weather can also cause some swelling, which is normal, but yours sounds extreme. Book a doctors appointment and in the meantime keep your feet raised, drink lots of water and avoid salty foods.

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination

Old 24-07-2014, 12:58 PM   #5
Sneckie
RYL First Aid Advisor

I am currently:

Are both legs affected the same ?

Last edited by Sneckie : 24-07-2014 at 12:58 PM. Reason: typo

Many of us spend our whole lives running from feeling with the mistaken belief that you cannot bear the pain. But you have already borne the pain. What you have not done is feel all you are beyond that pain."

Kahlil Gibran

Old 24-07-2014, 02:02 PM   #6
chickenpie
Gem

I am currently:

Yes its both feet, gone down slightly today but still very uncomfortable. Will try to see a doctor soon. Thank you.

Don't touch me

I am not my diagnosis

Old 25-07-2014, 12:08 AM   #7
Animad

Yeah, go and see your doctor. It's very unlikely to be related solely down to the contraceptions, it won't be a sign that the MAP hasn't worked and it definitely won't be a sign of pregnancy as these sorts of signs occur much later on in pregnancy.

It's most likely due to water retention which can be hormonal but can have many other causes. Something else that can cause swelling in the legs that needs to get checked up straight away is deep vein thrombosis (DVT) but it would be an extremely rare occurrence for this to affect both legs to the same degree at the exact same time especially if you've not been immobilised for a large period of time and/ or had surgery on both of your legs.

Ideally you need to get it checked out ASAP so I'd recommend that you see your doctor tomorrow as it may be a sign that one or several of your organs may not be working too well. In the meantime try to keep moving your joints and keeping your legs elevated; even if it's just rotating your ankles it may help.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)