RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 04-09-2007, 06:16 PM   #1
Scabette

I am currently:
Fluoxetine & Sleep

When is it best to take fluoxetine (prozac)? Morning or evening?

If I take it just before I sleep, I can't wake up in the morning. I really need to get into a good routine, otherwise I 'forget' to take it. Should I just experiment taking it at different times? Any advice?

Blessed Be, x Pip

"Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful that it happens in that order."

adopted by surprising mystery loves [prettyontheinside]
Small_Black_Flower is my sister

Scabette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 06:25 PM   #2
Popple

its not really good i dont think to mess around with the times you have it as with any meds but when i was on the unit they always gave it me before or just after breakfast

my advice take it when you are going to eat or have just done though otherwise makes you feel soo sick :|

sorry i couldnt be much help

You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Popple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:21 PM   #3
Daydream
Collect memories not scars

I am currently:

I was given in in the morning in the hospital and the unit. Am still given it in the morning. I think its best to stick with it in the morning.

xxxx

Daydream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:21 PM   #4
surprising mystery

I am currently:

I was advised to take it in the evening, :S I think its cos it made me feel sick and that made my anxiety worse so I was better taking it when I was relaxed. I know it can keep some people awake though, I think I just got used to it xxx

L_M_G is my mummy :) inkerman and razorbladedarling are my two non-identical twin sprogs (concieved on same day) Scabette< cos she has the cutest puppy dog eyes and i cant resist!feeling-afraid< my bottle of glitter!! which i just have to have :Pmidnight stars< my gorgeous sister, whom i love to bits ;) Dance With The Fairy< *star*gazing*buddie :] Broken-Fairy is my partner in crime ;) little_miss is my real life saviour PaperClip is my stationary queen

surprising mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 02:10 AM   #5
inherent

I am currently:

I was taking it in the evening but I've been having trouble sleeping. My doctor recommended taking it in the morning and that seems to work better for me. I'm sleeping better at night and tend to have more energy during the day. I do find that I need to take it first thing when I wake up otherwise I forget to take it!

Why can't you see who I am inside?

inherent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 03:14 PM   #6
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I was actually going to post about this myself. I take it a couple of hours before I go to sleep just because that's what i've done with other medication and my doctor didn't tell me when to take it. It makes me think constantly at night and keeps me awake but I think that if I changed my routine i'd forget to take it or take too many. Maybe you could talk to your doctor about it?

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 09:27 PM   #7
romancandle
And all you want is sleep/But all you get it pills

I am currently:

Depends on how your body responds to Fluoxetine. For some, it can cause insomnia, and in others, it causes sleep. Maybe in some cases, neither. You just need to learn your bodies response.

I often recommend at night. But if you find you just can't get to sleep, then I'd take it in the morning.

romancandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:08 PM   #8
dixie

the evening is probably best but i naughterly take it in the mornings. i think they say take it in the evening coz it takes time to work and stuff. do not miss a dose because my mums friend felt even more dipressed than she did.

dixie is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)