Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 04-02-2016, 05:56 PM   #8501
Unbreakable.
Lana.

I am currently:

Camp Arya here too, House Stark ftw
Emilia Clark is cute, but lord, she's a horrible actress imo and I despise her character tbh

Hazel, realistically speaking though you'd still get punished as a group if you didn't finish in time. It wouldn't be single people. Nobody cares about a single person being slow/lazy/incompetent.

Unbreakable. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 05:57 PM   #8502
Unbreakable.
Lana.

I am currently:

I've been working on the first book since 2012 ish and somehow just stopped reading after page 150 ish

Old 04-02-2016, 05:58 PM   #8503
shadow-light
He was no dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty Galore View Post
Hazel, realistically speaking though you'd still get punished as a group if you didn't finish in time. It wouldn't be single people. Nobody cares about a single person being slow/lazy/incompetent.
which also annoys me lol

meh, pet hate I guess.. I dont see the point in working unless you put in the maximum efort, well dont see the point in doing anything unless put in the maximum efort to be honest... thinking about it that may not be nromal

shadow-light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 05:59 PM   #8504
shadow-light

I am currently:

team Targaryen here

Old 04-02-2016, 05:59 PM   #8505
shadow-light

I am currently:

also the books must be good as I am not really a reading fiction type person :P

Old 04-02-2016, 06:08 PM   #8506
Unbreakable.
Lana.

I am currently:

Going by that logic Twilight should be a good book series, I know quite a few people who don't enjoy reading who read all of them :P

Anyone else get frustrated how they have to constantly make compromises when it comes to uni and productivity?
I can not attend class AND work on a paper AND get enough sleep, I seem to be lucky to get one of them at any point given.
Never mind putting work and house chores and general errands and mental stability into the equation *SIGHS*

Old 04-02-2016, 06:12 PM   #8507
shadow-light

I am currently:

oh Twlight is rubbish! I read them out of shear curiousity as people kept going on about it... the are SO BADLY written and have such a bad message to them...

the song of ice and fire series though is actually good and a lot less pradictable, I cant wait for the next book... I've read one chapter of it that was elaked already.
Part of me doesn't want to watch the coming season as it's about to over take the books and this scares me lol

Old 04-02-2016, 06:15 PM   #8508
Unbreakable.
Lana.

I am currently:

Yeah, rubbish they are.

Maybe I shall find some motivation/concentration the continue with the books after being all caught up with the show

methinks I shall head home soon
so drained

Old 04-02-2016, 06:16 PM   #8509
tiptoes
Forum Mod

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty Galore View Post
Anyone else get frustrated how they have to constantly make compromises when it comes to uni and productivity?
I can not attend class AND work on a paper AND get enough sleep, I seem to be lucky to get one of them at any point given.
Never mind putting work and house chores and general errands and mental stability into the equation *SIGHS*
constantly!

In my dreams I slew the dragon

tiptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 06:24 PM   #8510
Unbreakable.
Lana.

I am currently:

Thanks for the responses, Carmen and Sarah :)

I usually just didn't really try/feel like I was just being lazy/decided to not attend out of anxiety/ceeb and now that I am trying and attempting to find some sort of life balance it just seems to be a daily struggle.
So this morning I really wanted to stay in bed after ~ 3 hrs of sleep and under sleeping all week, but pushed myself to attend [a rather unimportant] class. Just to find I am not capable of doing stuff that would actually be a lot more important tbh.

Old 04-02-2016, 06:27 PM   #8511
tiptoes
Forum Mod

I am currently:

I had a discussion about this very topic with my support worker this afternoon. Will think of a more helpful reply and get back to you! But you are definitely not alone x

Old 04-02-2016, 06:30 PM   #8512
Unbreakable.
Lana.

I am currently:

And least it's not just me then :P

I feel the worst part is that it doesn't look like I am getting all that much more done than when I wasn't even trying. That's probably not true, especially in the long run, but oh the frickin frustration!

Last edited by Unbreakable. : 04-02-2016 at 06:36 PM. Reason: forgot important word. ejit.

Old 04-02-2016, 06:31 PM   #8513
Iamcatbug
Cat

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror. View Post
i lost what little respect i had for twilight when i went to a book release (to take a friend who was a huge fan and did not drive at the time) and heard the author speak, and she was so dumb and you could tell how little thought and effort she had put into writing. she got asked why she named characters what she did and it was, oh i thought they sounded good. um. seriously?
To be fair, a lot of authors pick names because they like them.

Iamcatbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 06:37 PM   #8514
Iamcatbug
Cat

I am currently:

I think the scariest thing about twilight is that it inspired scary fanfic that people enjoy!!!

I love finding typos in books. 50 Shades was the worst, I had to stop reading it due to the errors. I seem to remember throwing it across the room in disgust and proudly announcing in or seminar that I wasn't reading that drivel anymore because it was stupid.

Old 04-02-2016, 06:40 PM   #8515
shadow-light

I am currently:

oh 50 shades is another i read out of curiousity. It wasn't just spelling issues in that, there were grammatical issues, continuity issues, bad writting, just eugh... not even subtle errors, but glaring errors that take you right out of the story in an annoying way.
I will never understand why some of these books are so popular

Old 04-02-2016, 06:41 PM   #8516
Iamcatbug
Cat

I am currently:

50 shades was self published so didn't have an editor. I've see other self published work that wouldn't be published if they had editors.

Old 04-02-2016, 06:46 PM   #8517
shadow-light

I am currently:

even if serlf-published if it were me I would at least get a load of people to proof read such a thing for me before publishing it...

Old 04-02-2016, 06:58 PM   #8518
Iamcatbug
Cat

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror. View Post
People beta fan fic for one another all of the time. For free. Wny would the person not have had beta readers/editors even if self publishing?
Because a lot of people who self publish seem to have egos that are bigger than their grasp of grammar, spelling etc.

Old 05-02-2016, 09:36 AM   #8519
Sock

I am currently:

Sorry for interfering, hope its ok to ask a question here?
I'm on postgrad research degree and I suffer from quite bad anxiety from time to time and it seems to be having an impact on my studies. I dont want it to get to a point where it has a serious effect on me and my studies so was thinking of being honest with my tutor about it but was wondering what the consequences of doing so would be, if anyone here has had such an experience and would like to share?
To be quite honest I am mostly worried about my health than the degree, as in the past anxiety has lead to depression and would hate to travel down that path again. Thanks
Add: I also wouldnt want my tutor to think I cannot handle the work pressure because im really passionate about it and i beieve i can go through with it.

Sock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:17 AM   #8520
tiptoes
Forum Mod

I am currently:

I'm a PG by research too! I've had mixed responses with declaring my mental health too my supervisors. One has been great the other sometimes uses it against me. The department as a whole and the uni support system has been fantastic though and have offered support in handling the supervisor that is less great. I can go into more details by PM if you would like or if you have any other questions. On the whole it have been a more positive experience than I expected.

Does your uni have a counselling/support centre? The team at my uni has been great. Also, I've in touch with the disability services and have a mentor through disability student allowance who has been fantastic with helping me learn to juggle MH and research. (I'm in the UK btw)

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)