RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 29-09-2011, 10:56 AM   #3101
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

I got C to call the PCSO I know. She and another PCSO came round to my house and they were really helpful. I'm looking at the possibility of an injunction.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.
I have autism and have problems communicating, PMs included.
Just becasue I type well doesn't mean I speak well. I am only part time verbal.

Steel Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2011, 02:06 AM   #3102
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

I'm sorry things are difficult with your mum. Have you tried explaining to her that you find her behaviour a little over-obsessive? It is possible that she thinks that she needs to make up for lost time, hence her over-enthusiastic attempts to spend time with you.

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2011, 08:14 PM   #3103
Steel Maiden

My mum has been abusive for most of my life. I will be getting legal advice about an injunction. I refuse to communicate with her directly.

On a good note, I got this book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bailey-Loves...7409940&sr=1-1
(it's not short at all, it's over 1,500 pages long!)
It's a really addictive textbook. I read it for three hours this morning. It really cheered me up.

It's been too hot in London today. I hate hot weather. I cannot wait until autumn really starts.

Also, C and I went to meet the disability team and my tutor at uni today (although I nearly had a full-blown meltdown/panic attack due to having to walk through freshers week events). I will be getting a note-taker in lectures :). And my support worker will start with me next week when my uni starts.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:47 AM   #3104
Steel Maiden

I can't stop thinking about my future and how highly improbable it is that I will get a job. I know that that's a long long way away but I still worry that I will be unemployed. 85% of people on the autism spectrum are unemployed. I don't know the statistic for schizophrenia but it is probably similar. Autism + schizophrenia? I have little chance.

Old 02-10-2011, 05:16 PM   #3105
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

Statistically that may be true but I doubt those statistics are based on studies of people and intelligent and determined as you. You seem really strong Oly, and I'm not just saying that.

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:03 PM   #3106
Steel Maiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomegranate View Post
Statistically that may be true but I doubt those statistics are based on studies of people and intelligent and determined as you. You seem really strong Oly, and I'm not just saying that.
Thanks, you are right, I should be more positive and see beyond the statistics.

I am going to uni tomorrow. Stressed out. Been having problems with the Mindreaders again. They've been playing around with my thoughts.

But....as well as getting 68% in chemistry, I got 80% in statistics :D

Old 02-10-2011, 08:04 PM   #3107
Steel Maiden

I'm going to end up 136ed again at this rate.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:01 PM   #3108
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

well done on your awesome results!

whats going on hun?
x

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:15 PM   #3109
Steel Maiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletts Web View Post
well done on your awesome results!

whats going on hun?
x
Thank you :)

I'm feeling a bit better now as I watched a documentary (and my uni chemistry lecturer was in it, lol). I am just stressed out about university coming up. And my support worker cannot make it for Wednesday and Friday. My friend Charlie has had to take Monday off work to accompany me to lectures (I cannot go alone), but he can't keep taking days off work to accompany me, I really need the NAS (National Autistic Society) to sort out support for me properly. But I think it will be alright in the end; I have emailed the disability team at uni about this.

I am going to have an early night tonight as I am knackered from today; the Mindreaders and the voices were troubling me today and I couldn't get out of the house because of Them.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:10 PM   #3110
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

im glad your feeling a bit better Oly.
try not to push yourself too hard at uni.
i hope it all gets sorted out asap.

try and have a good nights sleep, tell the Mindreaders and voices to go away! i know they seem real, but theyre not hun, i understand how scary they can be.

try and sleep, im here if you need me
xxxx

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:22 PM   #3111
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

Can you try and take one day at a time? Uni is stressful for lots of people, even those without additional factors to consider like mental health issues etc. Tomorrow is Monday, concentrate on getting through that before thinking too much about the rest of the week. Are there any particularly interesting lectures tomorrow or any specific textbooks you can look forward to reading? Can you try and focus on those things?

Well done on your chemistry and statistics results. That is brilliant!

Do you think maybe stress of starting back at uni is causing your brain to strengthen and increase the mindreader and voice hallucinations? I know you are a fan of logic. What logically might be making you feel a bit more vulnerable at the moment? And what can you do/say/think to produce a counter argument?

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:52 AM   #3112
Steel Maiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletts Web View Post
im glad your feeling a bit better Oly.
try not to push yourself too hard at uni.
i hope it all gets sorted out asap.

try and have a good nights sleep, tell the Mindreaders and voices to go away! i know they seem real, but theyre not hun, i understand how scary they can be.

try and sleep, im here if you need me
xxxx
Thanks. I am feeling a bit better now, just the voices reminding me about what my mum's done to me. I am hoping to see the disability team about support today.
My sleep was broken, but I managed to get enough I think. Thanks, I'm alone in the house atm so I think I will shout at the Mindreaders to f off. They feel less real today but I haven't left the house yet. I will keep reminding myself of what you said; They're not real. But it's an internal battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomegranate View Post
Can you try and take one day at a time? Uni is stressful for lots of people, even those without additional factors to consider like mental health issues etc. Tomorrow is Monday, concentrate on getting through that before thinking too much about the rest of the week. Are there any particularly interesting lectures tomorrow or any specific textbooks you can look forward to reading? Can you try and focus on those things?

Well done on your chemistry and statistics results. That is brilliant!

Do you think maybe stress of starting back at uni is causing your brain to strengthen and increase the mindreader and voice hallucinations? I know you are a fan of logic. What logically might be making you feel a bit more vulnerable at the moment? And what can you do/say/think to produce a counter argument?
Thanks, I will take it one day at a time. Luckily I am part-time. I'm glad that Charlie is coming with me as I would not be able to go on my own. The lectures today are probably introductions, which I guess is a good thing as there isn't too much thinking. Good idea, I will look forward to reading the physiology textbook again, and any handouts they give me.

Thank you for the well done :) I am proud of my results.

Logic is powerful, and I am harnessing it today to try and beat Them. Logically, my mum abusing me and the start of uni is making me worse. As a counter argument, I have so many people on my side to give me support.

Thank you both of you.

Old 05-10-2011, 12:11 AM   #3113
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

How has uni gone the past two days?

And I'm glad you're thinking about it logically! Some days things are just more difficult because of certain things, like starting uni or your mum, and it's important to acknowledge that that's what is making things bad, and it won't always be that bad. I'm glad you have lots of people on your side :)

Old 05-10-2011, 06:28 AM   #3114
Steel Maiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi.R^2 View Post
How has uni gone the past two days?

And I'm glad you're thinking about it logically! Some days things are just more difficult because of certain things, like starting uni or your mum, and it's important to acknowledge that that's what is making things bad, and it won't always be that bad. I'm glad you have lots of people on your side :)
I only go to uni Monday, Wednesday and Friday because I am part-time. Monday was hard, but manageable. Thanks - Logic is good. That's true what you say - my mum will recover and I will recover.

Thanks.

I dreamt last night that I was showing the consultant psychiatrist from the ward my room in supported housing =/ it was a cool dream as that psych is really good, but now I look back on it, I don't think I'd like to do that in real life.....

Old 05-10-2011, 10:03 PM   #3115
Steel Maiden

I've been computer programming in Visual Basic for four and a half hours almost continuously (except for toilet breaks and getting a drink).

Old 07-10-2011, 12:00 AM   #3116
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

I'm impressed by how you can concentrate on things that long!
How did uni go yesterday?

Old 07-10-2011, 06:41 AM   #3117
Steel Maiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi.R^2 View Post
I'm impressed by how you can concentrate on things that long!
How did uni go yesterday?
I somewhat went into what I call "hyperfocus mode". I slept very well afterwards though.

Uni on Wednesday was quite hard but not too bad as the lecture was interesting. Charlie came with me because, again, my support worker couldn't make it (Charlie is contacting the NAS about the lack of a support worker from them). However my second lecture got cancelled and I became rather panicky when I heard that as it was a change of routine.

I've decided that this year I'm going to take the DSA-funded taxi to uni and take the train from King's Cross International (not the tube) to St Helier or Sutton to go home as the train is always pretty empty and the scenery is nice. I suppose in year 2, when I take part in the practicals, I will take the taxi back if I finish at 5-6pm because walking in my area in the dark is not a good idea.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:15 PM   #3118
Steel Maiden

A question - at what age are women supposed to have a cervical smear? And if so, can I just refuse to have it by ignoring the letter I get? I am petrified at the thought of it and no amount of reassurance has so far made me change my mind about refusing to have it. I know that this carries risks but I haven't even used a tampon before....let alone have a cervical smear. I would probably have a massive panic attack just as I walk into the GP surgery and then run out screaming.

Old 09-10-2011, 12:25 AM   #3119
Pi.R^2

I am currently:

I'm glad it was an interesting lecture, and that you've got a transport route planned out; sounds like a nice routine.

And I think it's 25 for the screening? And I think it is very advisable, but I also imagine that I'm unlikely to convince you to go, and it would also be hypocritical of me, because I have no intention of going to mine either! I don't know what would happen if you just ignored the letter, but I imagine that would work for a while, and then they might start bugging you. Could you speak to your GP and explain that you don't want the screening, and hopefully then they'll make a note of it.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:34 AM   #3120
Steel Maiden

Thanks. My routine seems to have worked so far.

As for the screening - I'm afraid nobody could convince me to have it, unless someone makes me unconscious for the whole procedure, which won't happen.

Well I don't answer calls from most people on my phone, so if they start bugging me on the phone, I won't answer anyway. And if they send me lots of letters I can get my frustration out by tearing them into pieces.

My GP is not a nice person and would probably make me very upset if I told her I don't want it.

I understand that I should have it but just thinking about it makes me nauseous and shaky.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)