RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 09-04-2012, 09:04 PM   #1
Katshia

I am currently:
EDNOS-Anyone else out there?

I feel so alone.

Basically, I am overweight, but slip into anorexic 'habbits' or what not.
And although I lose weight at an unhealthy weight, I'm not classified as anorexic because I am not (any where near) under weight. Or even a normal weight.

So I'm trying to lose weight, but do so at a healthy rate.
But I can't seem to do so. If I'm 'dieting' it lasts for a day or two, and then turns into just barley eating. I lose my appetite. I haven't eaten anything in the last two days but some cabbage soup. And I really don't want to eat anything. I just want to waste away until I have the perfect body.

Uhg.

Just feel alone, I feel like I can't talk with the majority of people with eating disorders because I feel like a hypocrite, I don't look like I could have an eating disorder. And I just feel alone, and it ends up with me going to pro-ed sites and making myself even worse mentally.

Don't know what to do...

Katshia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:59 PM   #2
horseluvr
I am still breathing.

I am currently:

I totally understand where you are coming from with the EDNOS fight. I am a lot similair to you, in the ways that I try "dieting" safely, but end up returning to extrmeme restriction, or in my case, purging.

I know it is an extrmemly tough battle to fight by yourself. Restricting always seems to be the answer, but it's not.
Please, if you ever want to talk, PM me, and I'd be more than happy to listen.
Sorry I can't be more help.

The shadows are long and she fears if she cries that first tear, the tears will not stop raining down"
-Superchick

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

To the world you are one person, but to one person you are the world. <3

horseluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:54 AM   #3
DeleteRepeat
Alyssa

I am currently:

just because you're not underweight doesn't mean your not anorexic. anorexia is classified as excessive food restriction, an irrational fear of gaining weight, and a distorted self image. the healthiest way to diet and see results is to eat at least 1200 calories a day - it's the minimum calorie intake for females before their bodies go into starvation mode. if you let your body slip into this mode, the fat from everything you eat after that is stored into your bodies fat cells, so you're pretty much defeating the purpose of dieting. please try to keep yourself healthy, i know it's hard.
by the way, your icon is very pretty. :')

DeleteRepeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:30 AM   #4
Katshia

I am currently:

Thank you both for your advice/kind words :) I'm struggling to eat anything at the moment, but making it a goal to at least TRY to eat 1200 a day, and if I dont reach it, try again the next day and so forth. Best I can really do at the moment.

@DeleteRepeat haha thanks, I think I'm the only person on the site with a picture of myself as my icon, oops >.> :P

Katshia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 11:55 PM   #5
kookydoll
Grumpasaurus Level 100

I am currently:

Eating disorders come in all different forms. I'm overweight and struggle with a lot of food issues. I dont really have any advice right now, just wanted to say you're not alone.
TC

"I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning"
Stevie Smith

kookydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 12:19 AM   #6
justlisten

I am currently:

I completely understand. I have purging disorder, and I suppose I'm lucky because this particular EDNOS has been gained attention lately, and I think it's only a matter of time before the APA officially recognizes it.

But just know that you are not alone in this battle...people don't understand anorexia or bulimia very well, but they have even more trouble comprehending something that doesn't fit into neat categories.

You are beautiful and I hope that you can stay strong!!!

justlisten is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)