Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2013, 07:46 PM   #141
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyaneos View Post
Mike asked if anyone wanted to step up in his place because he was stepping down... Louise offered... Mike made her admin.
That could cause so many problems I dont even know what to start with.

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

griddlebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #142
Isoverity

I am currently:

Oooo I want a secret group - like the old Cheesesticks or whatever they were.

Isoverity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:55 PM   #143
squirrelspit

I am currently:

if i go on there and call everyone a dick and post pictures of people having killed themselves, will i be banned from RYL?

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #144
Louise
A Ray of Hope

I am currently:

it is me i have been on ryl for ages. i understand what you all are saying

“Never lose faith in yourself,
and never lose hope;
remember, even when this world throws its worst and then turns its back,
there is still always hope.”

Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #145
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrelspit View Post
if i go on there and call everyone a dick and post pictures of people having killed themselves, will i be banned from RYL?
Nope, no rules at the moment other than be nice. There's even some permabanned members to keep things interesting.

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

talaiporia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:02 PM   #146
Kyaneos
Steph.

I am currently:

Ok well has anyone spoken to or contacted Harley??

This might actually be more productive than going around in circles.

Kyaneos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:02 PM   #147
Louise
A Ray of Hope

I am currently:

maybe there should be rules.

and never lose hope;

Old 08-04-2013, 08:04 PM   #148
Louise
A Ray of Hope

I am currently:

the thing is harley has not been answering anything really it is hard to get in contact with him.

and never lose hope;

Old 08-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #149
Louise
A Ray of Hope

I am currently:

i will leave it is fine i am sorry that i have upset people.

and never lose hope;

Old 08-04-2013, 08:15 PM   #150
The Stolen One
Caz

I am currently:

I think that in theory the group is a nice idea - a place for people to go whilst RYL was offline, a nice place to chat, see new people etc etc. I just think that in theory it's a bit of a nightmare - as it's been pointed out, banned members can join. These aren't just members who 'aren't pleasant' or 'got a bit angry' etc, it's members who pose a real threat to members on this site. People who the mods have worked their damned hardest to keep us safe from.
Another thing to consider is that in reality anyone can post what they want. Or in the case of members who have DID etc, they can't control this, and it's not their fault, but they may have things posted on, against their will, things which could really upset people. People on this site who aren't well, who need to be protected from the things that could well push them over the edge.

I'm on the page, and it's okay, I just think that it needs to be considered more thoroughly.

There will always be a happy ending. If its not happy then its not yet the end.
Spongebob

The Stolen One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #151
Kyaneos
Steph.

I am currently:

Louise you havent upset anyone, none of this is aimed at you - or at least it SHOULDNT be... Personally I think, since the group hasnt really been particularly active today it might be an idea for the group to just close. It has caused nothing but drama from the beginning, it served its purpose for about 30 minutes on Saturday evening but there is too much grey area for it to remain open, I think.

But this is just my opinion... at the end of the day nothing is going to get resolved here and making unhelpful comments and going around circles isnt getting any closer to a resolve.

Old 08-04-2013, 08:28 PM   #152
[Awakening]
~Jocelyn~

I am currently:

Louise, you haven't upset anyone. People seemed to just be miffed at the group and taking it out on the wrong people - maybe they don't realise (and didn't intend) to come across rudely. But please know it's not personal to you at all.

I'm not that fussed either way. I can see that there are some real issues with it which need to be addressed in a helpful way. Making criticism upon criticism isn't helpful to anyone (mods of RYL or admin of the new fb group). I really think people should have a think about how their comments may sound to others before posting, because a lot of what I have just read sounded incredible snide. Not helpful.

I can see some benefits in the group, even if the same rules applied there as here (although as mentioned, would be hard if not impossible to enforce, unless mod's are involved). Recently people have made numerous sarcastic comments and threads about other's general chat 'spam threads' so perhaps the group could be a 'playground' so to speak - somewhere to spam and chat and not have people make snide comments... Just my thoughts, as I said I'm really not that fussed. And I still recognise the need for clarity in this whole situation.

My love, a beautiful future awaits

[Awakening] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:45 PM   #153
Harley
Webmaster

I am currently:

I think almost everyone can agree this what was only something casual and temporary is clearly rather irrelevant given the site does all the same and more. It certainly isnt worth opening any cans of worms etc.

Plus, we only have the choice of open, closed or secret, and none of these suit anything we could seriously use it for anyway.

Finally, as a protest, simply because it's facebook and therefore the spawn of all evil I really think we should just close this down and move on!

Harley

"Perfection is always under construction"

Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:46 PM   #154
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

Nothing I have said is meant as a personal attack on anyone and nor should it have been taken that way. I haven't said anything in a rude way and if that is the way things have been taken then I'm sorry but that isn't my fault. I understand that people are taking things to heart but nothing has been said to criticise people personally,it is criticism of the thing itself and the way it is being handled that is the problem. In all honesty if people cannot handle criticism they should not be in an admin position because you will get it in spades.

One of the reasons I am so concerned is because I know first hand how difficult it is to get a hold of Harley because he is so busy, so what happens if the facebook page gets out of control?If the 2 people being admin aren't around and people are getting triggered and we all know that however easy it is to tell people to step away,in reality it is much harder. Or as was mentioned earlier, banned members and meets....there are some real threats to people that have been on this site in the past and you will have no idea on the page and it scares me that peoples safety could be at risk.

I am not making up criticisms for the sake of it, I am simply pointing out how many problems there are. Yes I realise I look like a total bitch because it is me bringing up faults, but Im not going to sit back and wait for bad things to happen, the fact that there is no plan for if things go wrong is not good. Even since the page has been set up this couldve been put in place but it hasn't. I understand that I might be being ignored because people are taking what Im saying personally but that shouldnt be the case. Even the simplest ones like keep everyone here informed of what is happening on the page isn't happening already....making it seem completely segregated.

I feel like stepping away,but if I do then what I have said is going to get lost and then nothing will happen and I am not prepared to let that happen. So if I look like a negative **** because of it then so be it.

But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.

Old 08-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #155
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
I think almost everyone can agree this what was only something casual and temporary is clearly rather irrelevant given the site does all the same and more. It certainly isnt worth opening any cans of worms etc.

Plus, we only have the choice of open, closed or secret, and none of these suit anything we could seriously use it for anyway.

Finally, as a protest, simply because it's facebook and therefore the spawn of all evil I really think we should just close this down and move on!

Harley
I posted after you,sorry!

I dont think that was clear and may be part of the problem.x

Old 08-04-2013, 08:48 PM   #156
Harley
Webmaster

I am currently:

Yeah I saw you on the thread and though that might happen :)

I'm really surprised this has boiled up like this so quickly, and as I say, for what little it provides, it reeeally isnt worth the bother!

Harley

Old 08-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #157
Harley
Webmaster

I am currently:

I have to shoot for an hour or so, but assuming the consensus all agrees I'll shut it down when I get back in.

Old 08-04-2013, 08:53 PM   #158
GlitterTrashDoll
eZine Editor

I am currently:

That sounds like a good idea Harley.

DILLIGAF

"it’s when you’re acting selflessly, that you are at your bravest"
- Four.
CTFxC'er forever.

GlitterTrashDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:06 PM   #159
Beautifully Broken
Even The Best Fall Down Sometimes.

I think it's for the best, Harley.

Beautifully Broken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:11 PM   #160
Kyaneos
Steph.

I am currently:

Agreed. I think as nice as it is for people to be able to chat freely, the risk, however unlikely, to 200+ vulnerable people just isnt worth the hassle

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)