RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 08-02-2019, 03:05 AM   #1
Straight 3

I am currently:
It appears to be "Too Late" for me

There just isn't any help for me; nothing they can do to make things any better. Nothing more I can do that I've not already tried. I go to therapy and am on medications. I try to utilize self help techniques, but most of the time lately I end up making things even worse for myself.

I feel hopeless now and see no reason to keep up this pointless fight, things won't change, in fact, they could get (much) worse for me.

It just too late and my time is up. I want to just die but don't have the courage to take myself out. Taking into account my past attempts I shouldn't be here, but my body withstood the abuse and here I am still suffering with no ways to cope or even the desire anymore. Part of me wants to drink myself to death for good this time added to various methods to make sure I cant survive.

Its so sad for me and I feel sadness because I would've liked to turn things around for myself. I didn't even expect much and would've settled for even 1/2 of what I consider a functioning existence. But no matter how much I tried and it would've never happened.

I know I should be dead and just because I'm wasting space. My life doesn't matter to anybody but me and I've lost hope.

Straight 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 03:19 AM   #2
Straight 3

I am currently:

I realize I keep saying pretty much the same things over and over, but that is because the story never changes.

They just want to throw me in the hospital over and over like a revolving door only to release me to no aftercare.

Sometimes I want to say its better to be safe but why?!?!

Its would've come down to acceptance and I doubt I would've ever fully accepted this set of circumstances I'm faced with.

Nobody had even pretended to have answers for me. I'm poor and the desire is not there to help a middle aged (+) man and waste resources with no hope of actually turning me into a functional member of society.

I really don't want to be hospitalized again honestly. It doesn't help.

Old 09-02-2019, 10:10 AM   #3
Juella
Valerie

I am currently:

I'm sorry that no one has got any answers for you so far, and I'm sorry that I don't have any either. I just wanter to say that I can relate to the way you feel and I'm sorry things are so hard. I know it sucks to feel like your life is reduced to just getting through one day after another with nothing really to get to in the end, especially where you remember that life hasn't always been this way, but you just can go back to what it was like. I'm sorry hospitalization and professionals don't help much, that sucks.

Would you mind sharing exactly do you find unacceptable about your life circumstances?

Maybe, just maybe there is some way to change your life back to what actually feels like a life. There's always hope. (feel free to imagine smacking me on the hand for my empty words).

Juella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 03:06 AM   #4
Straight 3

I am currently:

Thank you Juella for your reply. I'll give some thought so what you wrote, and they weren't empty words at all.

I hope you start to feel better yourself, I realize you're also struggling right now and I wish I could say something to help you.

Maybe we should just accept (for now) that we take things day-by-day because overthinking and looking too far ahead brings us pain. We should go easy on ourselves at least right now; and as you said, there's always hope things could improve even a little. I would settle for a little, I don't expect unrealistic miracles that don't happen. That is a setup for failure and disappointment.

Old 10-02-2019, 01:42 PM   #5
Buttons.
Never knowing...a helping hand or hell to pay?

I am currently:

Sorry no helpful answers right now, but I've read and I care.

'Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'

['There is only one thing we say to death. Not today'.']

'We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.’ – Oscar Wilde
‘It’s hard to dance with the devil on your back.’ Sydney Carter

Buttons. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:26 PM   #6
Straight 3

I am currently:

Thank you Buttons; I appreciate it.

Old 11-02-2019, 07:50 PM   #7
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight 3 View Post
Maybe we should just accept (for now) that we take things day-by-day because overthinking and looking too far ahead brings us pain. We should go easy on ourselves at least right now; and as you said, there's always hope things could improve even a little. I would settle for a little, I don't expect unrealistic miracles that don't happen. That is a setup for failure and disappointment.
You have some wise words for yourself there. Do you feel able to be gentle with yourself and take those words on board? What would little improvements look like to you?

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 11:53 PM   #8
Straight 3

I am currently:

I'm far from gentle on myself - very hard on myself actually even though I know I deserve better I guess. I feel I'm a wast of space now and take away resources from younger folks that have their whole lives ahead of them. Me, its too late sad to say. Beyond help actually.

I would settle for being able to go for a walk though without carrying along everything I'm dealing with, but NO...for some reason I take everything upon my shoulders and can't leave it behind and let it go even with distractions. I know it won't all suddenly turn 180 degrees, rather it always seems to turn 360 and I'm left spinning and heading in the same direction downhill spiral. Doctors tell me I'm a difficult case and they don't know what to do with me and I'm a-typical in nature. That only makes me feel worse. Meds aren't working and I can't afford the higher priced ones that *may* work better.

Going in the hospital over and over only procures more and more bills and does nothing to help me. They don't even know what to do with me inpatient regrettably. I'm getting worse actually and my therapist said he is a bit concerned and he things I need to AGAIN!

I say it appears to be too late, it in fact IS too late actually.

I'll try though to be more gentle and thanks for replying. Means a lot .

Old 12-02-2019, 01:57 AM   #9
Straight 3

I am currently:

Be that as is may (too late) I wish I could find a way to salvage what I do have left of this existence. I just spend so much time and worry about everything I've lost and what I can't get back.

Last edited by Straight 3 : 12-02-2019 at 02:27 AM.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:40 PM   #10
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Sorry I don't have a proper focused reply to everything you've said. I can relate to dwelling on lost things, it's hard to let go. What do you feel you have left that is positive that you could maybe build on? Is there a way to fully acknowledge what you have lost and try to put it down for a little while at least, maybe through writing? Are there things that you have lost that you could regain in some form if not completely? Sorry about all the questions.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)