RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 22-10-2013, 09:29 PM   #1
yoyogirl

I am currently:
bpd

Hi All
I have recently been to my pysch doctor today and I recently found out that I have Borderline Personality Disorder.

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Hugs Given By :
Old 22-10-2013, 09:39 PM   #2
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Congratulations?

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2013, 10:02 PM   #3
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

What would you like from this thread? You're previous posts suggest you kind of thought you had BPD. Are you looking for suggestions on how to take responsibility for your behaviours or something else? Perhaps you could tell us what you're doing have tried so far and then people can try and add suggestions to that. BPD is horrid but at least there are things you can do that will make a huge difference without the aid of meds etc and it is something that can be 'fixed' with lots of effort on your part and some professional guidance.

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2013, 09:38 AM   #4
susieannah
Control is an illusion

I am currently:

*hugs* Having it confirmed can make it easier to deal with, at least you know what you're fighting :)

susieannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #5
yoyogirl

I am currently:

it finally means I can get the appropriate treatment and support thats available to me and having it confirmed gives me something work towards at improving and I don't feel like a moaning hypochondriac

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

Old 23-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #6
yoyogirl

I am currently:

its actually made me more determined to beat this x

Old 24-10-2013, 12:12 AM   #7
Patent Pending
★ Katie ★

I am currently:

Keep that determination in your head. Try to ignore the stigma and unhelpful comment from others about BPD.

Things can improve it; it just takes time. It's not a death sentence.

If you wanna chat about it or anything feel free to drop me a pm <3

x x x

It's the ups and downs of living life this way. Promise me you'll never go away. Just stay with me through one more night because it's always darkest before the light and now I promise you I'll never turn away. I won't let you give us one less heart to break...

Patent Pending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2013, 10:31 AM   #8
susieannah
Control is an illusion

I am currently:

Good for you, SkinnyLove! Have you done much reading about BPD? There are some very interesting and helpful books out there :) As well as a lot of not-so-helpful books!

Old 24-10-2013, 04:16 PM   #9
Fire Fly
Feel free to be yourself

I am currently:

I don't think the stigma is with all professionals however the stigma some people who think they have a more 'iller' diagnosis stick their noses up to EUPD/BPD.

What would you like from this thread? I'm glad you've finally got a diagnosis and maybe get the appropriate treatment you hope for.

Ballerina123 - My lovely superstar

Call me R -

The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time - Abraham Lincoln

Fire Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2013, 10:00 PM   #10
yoyogirl

I am currently:

Now I have just got to tell the parents...wish me luck! How can I tell them about my new diagnosis?

Old 24-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #11
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

Why do you need to tell them? I think you need to consider what you're wanting or expecting from them knowing. From your previous posts it seems like they are already aware of your difficulties and you don't feel they are supportive? Has your psych suggested any treatment plan?

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 03:53 AM   #12
findingmyself

I am currently:

don't be too excited there is a huge stigma behind borderline and don't say there is not when I have been stigma by it 2 times so yes there is huge stigma behind it. Would never tell some one randomly that you have that. Rather you have it or not once you say that word you get stigma. Sometimes they diagnose you with things but it doesn't mean its always right people get over diagnosed all the time and misdiagnosed. Maybe you do have it I don't know maybe you can get a second opinion.

Even though they said I had borderline only some I know me better than they do . I think now a days there over diagnosing people with borderline which is totally wrong. I know I do not have borderline. I hold a job and go to school off meds.

You are you your not a diagnosis. Live your life the best you can don't worry about the diagnosis. Listen to your gut feeling if you think you don't have it you may not therapist and psych are not always right.

I hope you get the help you deserve.

findingmyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 08:12 AM   #13
susieannah
Control is an illusion

I am currently:

If you feel you do want to tell them, I think just a quiet sit down, say that you have been seeing a psychiatrist, and he/she has recently given you a diagnosis of BPD. I know nothing about your situation, but perhaps adding an "I'm still coming to terms with the diagnosis, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask" might be helpful.

It's hard for me to advise when I don't know much about your situation, so maybe this will be totally useless!

I hope you're doing okay today *hugs*

Old 25-10-2013, 12:51 PM   #14
Unbreakable.
We can try. We can always try.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggss(lauri) View Post
I know I do not have borderline. I hold a job and go to school off meds.

I just wanted to comment on this in case it gets misunderstood by Ellie or others: there are a lot of people with BPD who don't take meds, go to school and hold down a job. Being diagnosed with BPD doesn't mean you can't do any of those :)
Implying that it isn't possible is just one more way of stigmatizing the illness.

Ellie, I hope you get some support with the issues your BPD causes you. Maybe having some insight in how it works and in how far it affects your moods and the way you think will already be helpful.

Can I also ask why you want to tell your paren its? Do you think that would be beneficial for you or would it maybe make things even more stressful for you? If you want to tell them because you like them to know that is up to you obviously, but if you feel like you *have* to tell them for one reason or other than maybe give it some more thinking.

the sun

the moon

the truth

Unbreakable. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 06:17 PM   #15
Foxtrot Oscar

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Bitch View Post
I just wanted to comment on this in case it gets misunderstood by Ellie or others: there are a lot of people with BPD who don't take meds, go to school and hold down a job. Being diagnosed with BPD doesn't mean you can't do any of those :)
Implying that it isn't possible is just one more way of stigmatizing the illness.
This.

Also, just because you have experienced stigma twice, I am assuming that is what you meant, does not make that stigma all encompassing. That is your experience.

Sir Phillip: Veg-a-ta-pal extraordinaire!

Foxtrot Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 07:22 PM   #16
Wellingtons

Also - I was told that it is "evidence" if you will that an individual has borderline personality disorder if they are able to function without medication - as that points to the issues/troubles the individual is experiencing as being psychological/personality based, rather than mental illness (say as bipolar/schizophrenia is managed by medication, someone who has psychological rather than chemical problems will need therapy, not drugs, to remain well).

Or at least that's what my doctors and CPNs over the years have explained.

Wellingtons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2013, 05:16 AM   #17
findingmyself

I am currently:

that's a good way of looking at it bramble. Im in the US I wish they looked at it like that. But they don't they were always forcing me on drugs even though I held a job and went to college. I have been told by one therapist I couldn't live my life off meds which was so hurtful . She was totally wrong look at me now.

findingmyself is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)