RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 14-04-2011, 08:34 PM   #4301
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

congrats :) you are so lucky you dont have much sickness.
i am 11+3 and so so ill.
im not really sure about the whole maternity pay so hopefully someone else will read and reply

88shelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2011, 01:25 AM   #4302
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

hey peeps, there was an interesting baby whisperer show featuring reflux on tv, she said whilst it hurts, its also a panicky thing and the more wound up a parent gets the more riled up the baby gets too. she noted how a normal rocking to sleep turned into frantic pacing and back patting, she actually showed how swaddling could calm the baby during th attacks. you put them in a swaddle and them pick them up, the gentle restraining helps calm them, you listen for their breathing to change into grunty gaspy and you know an attack is coming so start to gently pat the stomach (left side of back) and as it eases go into rubbing, the whole idea was to calm the baby back into sleeping before they realy woke up. keep hold of baby until the reflux dies down, there's often 3 or 4 attacks or waves of pain, but each baby is different. this baby whisperer set the child down in the cot on their back on a special wedge that has a harness to keep baby safe. this child was a twin and his brother was flourishing under good sleeping and good routine but he was barely sleeping for the reflux - sounds just like your child. so yeah try the patting - try to get baby asleep before the reflux starts and as i said its about being calm and understanding how to ease baby through helps that, and being calm yourself helps baby not to panic. see if it helps? mand x

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2011, 01:29 AM   #4303
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

oooh i forgot to say she also recommended a special type of bottle that slows the feeding dramatically to that of a breast, where baby has to actively suck to get the milk, whereas bottles will even with newborn teats drip a bit with pressure from baby's mouth - not helpful if you're breastfeeding but i couldn't remember if you were.

eta: i'm sure this is the bottle she gave the family, it looks exactly the same, colourwise and everything, i think it works by slowly filling the teat end with milk, drop by drop for the baby to then suck out, so maybe less pressure coz less milk in that part, it reminded me of how a drip works, the big bag drips into the small bit which then feeds into the tubes.

Last edited by Mandimoo : 15-04-2011 at 01:44 AM.

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.

Mand x

Old 15-04-2011, 01:27 PM   #4304
dynamitekid1992
dynamite kid

I am currently:

My 2 year old jasmine has been using the potty since january but at the start of the month she had a kidney infection and the doctors at wishaw said to put her in nappys again with a lining in it so they could get a urine sample to test it. so she got medicine and all that and now shes back to being herself but she will not for the life of herself use the potty, i think shes m,aybe just got used to being in nappys again and she likes it too much. iv tried everything we done before when potty training her, let her pick her own 'big girl pants' and told her she would get a treat for every time she uses the potty again but shes just not having it. if myself or sam take her nappy off and take her into use her potty she will just scream and shout and kick her feet and cry to the extent shes making herself sick. just wondering if anyone had any ideas what i should do? whether just to leave her in nappys for a bit longer, keep trying the potty? i just dont know anymore.

I will never let you fall
I'll stand up with you forever
I'll be there for you through it all
Even if saving you sends me to heaven

<3

dynamitekid1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2011, 09:23 PM   #4305
Beautifully Broken
Even The Best Fall Down Sometimes.

Sam, I didn't get SMP, I had Maternity Allowance from the government, although, granted I was still getting my student loan until a month before Faith arrived, my partner didn't have a job until from the January until 2 weeks before Faith arrived and somehow we managed, no idea how though...However, we do not have a morgage to pay, we were just paying rent and had to stop paying it because money ran out. Have you gone through everything that you are spending and prioritied what needs to be paid first and so on? We found that helped. We also cancelled all direct debits coming out of our accounts so that we could manage money more so that the money was in the bank for the most important things.
Hope this helps in some way.
Nic.
xx

Beautifully Broken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2011, 04:41 PM   #4306
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

i have suffered with anxiety for a long time now. i usually deal with it quite well.
medication, and reassurance.

right now i have no control. im 12 weeks pregnant tomoro. i have my 12week scan on wednesday. i have had a scan at 6weeks, 8weeks and 10weeks as i have been so ill and in and out of hospital. all scans showed heartbeat. all showed healthy pregnancy.

today i feel like im not pregnant at all. even my stomach seems flatter and softer. it was sticking out and hard. i am so so worried. i keep thinkn that the baby is gone. that i have done something to harm it. as much as i hate being sick...without the sickness i cant settle and believe things are ok. missed miscarriage is always on my mind...i feel so stupid.

Old 20-04-2011, 04:47 PM   #4307
lost_lexi

I am currently:

haha when i was preggs i had reallly wierd cravings pickles with nutella yuk right but at the time it was beautiful

lost_lexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2011, 06:18 AM   #4308
~AngelofLove~

I am currently:

Ugh. I am still having symptoms of pregnancy.. I don't have the money to get a pregnancy test.. I really think I am.

I've been nauseas all week. It starts around noon and lasts till I go to bed. The only time it gets better is when I eat something and then my stomach hurts and the nausea returns. I also have had 2 migraines. Ugh!!!

I am gonna take a test either tomorrow or monday.

Member of SquishySquad

~AngelofLove~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2011, 12:45 PM   #4309
lost_lexi

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xblackrosex View Post
Ugh. I am still having symptoms of pregnancy.. I don't have the money to get a pregnancy test.. I really think I am.

I've been nauseas all week. It starts around noon and lasts till I go to bed. The only time it gets better is when I eat something and then my stomach hurts and the nausea returns. I also have had 2 migraines. Ugh!!!

I am gonna take a test either tomorrow or monday.

have u been to the doctors or have you got a sexual advice clinic near u because they offer free prwgnatcy test completly convidental especially at sexual advice clinic they dont even tell ur doctor ect

Old 21-04-2011, 05:06 PM   #4310
~AngelofLove~

I am currently:

Quote:
have u been to the doctors or have you got a sexual advice clinic near u because they offer free prwgnatcy test completly convidental especially at sexual advice clinic they dont even tell ur doctor ect
I have one I just cant get to one till Monday cuz a friend is going to take me.

Member of SquishySquad

~AngelofLove~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2011, 07:49 PM   #4311
Sunshine
This girl just cant take it anymore

I am currently:

Hiya all,

i havent posted in this thread before because i have never been pregnant before and dont as yet have a child but im now 13 weeks pregnant and everyone says you should love pregnancy ive found it so hard to enjoy so far with the being sick and constant nausousness, ive been sick at work a few time ans had to run to the toilet which is abit embarassing but my bosses and collegues are very understanding just horrible having to go back to the shop floor feeling terrible and then be nice to customers when i think i smell of sick! i also get terrible (and embarrassing to mention) wind that really hurts my stomach, it has been so bad i went to a&e a few weeks ago because i thought something was wrong!

On the positive side we saw the scan last week and it was amazing having something growing inside me that wiggles and everything just weird that i cant feel it yet! and a little bit scary knowing there is a living thing inside you! im used to my body being my own not somebody elses!

so anyway nice to meet you all, hope you are all well and any advice on stopping nausousness would be great!

x

My Angels
Madeline 09/02/1990
Edward 10/02/1990

I want to live, not merely survive

Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2011, 08:00 PM   #4312
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

I find the best thing for my nausea is to eat constantly. I mean i dont mean massive amounts but just constantly graze on fruit or something. I also find salty food such as plain crisps really help too although i dont know why.

I dont know how possible it is but try and eat before you get out of bed too and if you start to feel nauseous count out loud (i do mississippi's) as it takes away your concentration enough from your nausea to stop it sometimes. Or really focus your mind on something else (i have to do this when i brush my teeth otherwise im sick).

I do know it sucks though but also just think the more nausea the more good baby hormones surging around your body keeping your baby happy! I find that helps me stay positive about it all too although hopefully the nausea should stop for you soon.

xxx

Something Special.

Mrs Sam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2011, 08:20 PM   #4313
Sunshine

I am currently:

thanks for the tips

i get that too when i brush my teeth! i do the deep breath out when i feel really nausous to kind of let it out and it works abit.

yer your right about the good baby hormones thats made me feel abit better ill keep reminding myself its just annoying sometimes when my fiance touches or kisses my stomach as it feels very delicate at the moment, i have told him though so he always asks if he can do it!

i really hope it stops soon, but because ive never been pregnant before im not sure if it just suddenly stops or goes down slowly because it seems to be getting worse at the moment but fingers crossed for the whole "it has to get worse before it gets better"

x

My Angels
Madeline 09/02/1990
Edward 10/02/1990

Old 24-04-2011, 11:11 PM   #4314
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

for sickness when brushing teeth - have you tried different flavour toothpaste? you can get strawberry stuff for kids it helps honestly! ella keeps puking all over me

Mand x

Old 26-04-2011, 07:24 AM   #4315
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

Mandi it doesn't matter what toothpaste it is it's the toothbrush. I've tired without paste at all but it's still as bad.

I see thr midwife today for the first time. I'm a bit scared. I'm now 11.5 weeks so I'm hoping she books my scan in very soon. I'm scared she's going to tell me off for being fat and ill. I'm scared she's going to ask lots of questions that I won't be able to answer. Eeps.

Something Special.

Old 26-04-2011, 10:41 AM   #4316
~Grace~

Hope it goes well for you Sam xx

~Grace~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 03:33 PM   #4317
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

if you are still very ill at 13weeks it could be more than normal morning sickness. are you able to keep down food and water? are you vomiting more than three times a day? have you gained any weight?
the sickness is really awful but as said it will pass...might take 9months but the end result is a beautiful baby

Old 26-04-2011, 05:10 PM   #4318
Sunshine

I am currently:

i havent been sick for a few days so i think its going away now just feel sick, especially at work but that might be because of the standing and walking and the pressure of serving customers and also bordom, so there is nothing to take my mind off it

but all in all getting better, thanks for the advice

sam how did it go? what did the midwife say? mine was very support with my mental health problems but i am being refered because of them so i just hope that goes ok

x

My Angels
Madeline 09/02/1990
Edward 10/02/1990

Old 26-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #4319
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

The midwife appt was ok. I managed to tell her some stuff, enough for her records anyway. She kept going on and on about the abuse though. Urgh. Thrn they took blood which took many attempts but got there in the end. 5 weeks till my next appt but it won't be with her. They're sending my scan appt through the post.

Something Special.

Old 27-04-2011, 10:55 PM   #4320
lost_lexi

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xblackrosex View Post
I have one I just cant get to one till Monday cuz a friend is going to take me.
hope all went well

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)