RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 01-04-2020, 11:50 AM   #21
chinahorse

I am currently:

The cmht are properly abandoning us. Withdrawing pretty much all regular support with people we know. I can not cope.

Given enough tea I could rule the world.

chinahorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 12:52 PM   #22
chinahorse

I am currently:

I've been crying since they told me at 10am. I was going to go to the supermarket today but even the thought gives me a panic attack. I hope I get the virus and die. No one cares.

Old 01-04-2020, 01:23 PM   #23
Soft Kitty

I care. People here care. I know that's nowhere near adequate to what you need, though. The CMHT are acting disgustingly. You deserve and desperately need support and treatment at this time.

Soft Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 01:58 PM   #24
chinahorse

I am currently:

No one cares about helping me make it better. Life is horrible. I am evil. What's even the point? Everyone abandons me when I need them.

Old 01-04-2020, 04:39 PM   #25
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

My CMHT have a very skeleton staff on at the moment so that could be similar with your CMHT. Do you think you could talk to people you don't know? What support is being offered? I think we're in a really horrible situation right now with getting MH support, and I know yours wasn't great to begin with. We are here for you as much as possible. How do you get on with your Dad? Are you able to be honest with him? Or any friends?

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 01:02 PM   #26
chinahorse

I am currently:

I'm messaging and calling my dad and friends but dad just says oh I can't help and friends are for the most part just saying oh everyone feels like that.

Tried to talk about stuff like life stuff with work girls and I've just been made to feel really selfish.

I'm struggling so so much. Everything normal has been stripped away from me. All my coping mechanisms. Everything normal and all I keep getting told is oh everyone feels like that.

Great but then most people arent physically destroying themselves and engaging in other damaging behaviours etc because they cant cope.

I dont know what to do. And really feel like I'm going to kill myself soon.

Old 04-04-2020, 01:09 PM   #27
nonperson

I am currently:

I'm sorry you aren't feeling listened to. Is ringing crisis still an option? You said that helped last time.

nonperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 01:13 PM   #28
chinahorse

I am currently:

Duty only operate mon to fri in working hours.

Old 04-04-2020, 01:24 PM   #29
nonperson

I am currently:

I know it probably feels like a long way off but could you make a plan to call them Monday if you're not working?

Old 04-04-2020, 02:35 PM   #30
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I'm sorry people don't seem to be understanding, it is true that everyone is feeling anxious etc but those with MH problems have additional issues and things can be stronger. I hear you. I think it's a good idea to make a plan to phone Duty and try and plan some other nice things in between.

Old 06-04-2020, 05:52 PM   #31
chinahorse

I am currently:

Very close to the edge. Can someone talk to me? Our out of hours mental health matters shit phone line is engaged.

Old 06-04-2020, 06:00 PM   #32
tamobhuuta

Hey I will try to help. What's going on?

Ying tong iddle ai po!

tamobhuuta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 06:11 PM   #33
chinahorse

I am currently:

I've had multiple panic attacks today. My OCD behaviours are getting worse.

Work put in our group WhatsApp that 50% of us are furloughed. If you dont receive an email you are back in full time starting tomorrow. They didnt ask who wanted what. And wont tell us what criteria they used. I am not furloughed.

Work has kept us in the dark since the beginning of this. My anxiety is through the roof.

I've had to rearrange moving house twice now because of work and now I'll have to rearrange it again.

I've been put down for cmht fortnightly calls on wednesday. Which itself is shit but now I'm at work and cant even have that.

Why should I have to risk my health when others are sat at home getting paid to do nothing?

I would be better off dead. Every day is just worse and worse. I feel extremely unappreciated and largely un supported.

I cant do any of my normal coping measures. I no longer have anything to look forward to. Every day something different is expected of me with little to no warning.

Old 06-04-2020, 06:22 PM   #34
tamobhuuta

That all sounds really hard to cope with. I'm sorry but I don't have much experience of the adult world. I suppose I would just suggest doing what you have to do and not get upset or worried about what others are doing.

Have you tried mindfulness? It doesn't work miracles but it might help get you a few minutes peace.

Ying tong iddle ai po!

Old 06-04-2020, 07:00 PM   #35
nonperson

I am currently:

Work should provide you time to have those fortnightly phone calls. That's the same as having regular medical appointments and they can't deny you that.

Old 06-04-2020, 09:35 PM   #36
chinahorse

I am currently:

I cant do this. I cant even find support from my MH team because the online number I have apparently isnt for people in my area anymore. I dont know what to do. I don't know how I can be ok when things are not ok. Why am I not as important as other people? Why has everyone abandoned me?

Old 07-04-2020, 10:08 AM   #37
tamobhuuta

Sorry you couldn't use that online number and that you feel abandoned. You are definitely just as important as everyone else. Is there another number you can try?

Ying tong iddle ai po!

Old 07-04-2020, 10:33 AM   #38
nonperson

I am currently:

Could you ring that number anyway and ask them to give you the correct one?

You are unbelievable strong and important, you can do this. <3

Old 07-04-2020, 11:14 AM   #39
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Can you phone NHS 24 and see if they have the right details? They have given me the number for the crisis team before. You can get through this Lillie, I'm sorry you're struggling so much.

Old 07-04-2020, 10:49 PM   #40
chinahorse

I am currently:

I get we are living through unprecedented times. And I was prepared for that to affect my cmht support. I was expecting and supporting of them conducting all appointments over the phone. But for regular contact with the regular worker you are trying to build a relationship with to be taken away altogether is very hard. And I am aware theough friends that many areas haverecognised the need for stability of support during a very stressful time such as now and are allowing people to have contact with their regular worker.

I have had support through the years yes. That's the thing about chronic enduring severe mental illness. It doeant magically get better and requires ongoing support.

You were not there with me in the TC to witness what went on. I am in touch with a wide network of people who attended the same place who all also believe it did more damage than good.

I fail to see how you think your provocative and somewhat attacking post is meant to help? I am all for asking people to reassess their actions and behaviours and see things from a different point of view but all you have done is essentially tell me off without lending a single shred of support for understanding for the obvious state of distress I was in making the majority of these posts. If this is your idea of a helpful post good lord please do not post here again.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)