RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #5401
Popple

We are, it is worth it though now we know things are okay :D No rest though just done my first day in school since I started feeling exhausted and thought I was going to keel over at about 11am. Not long and it will be Easter at least.

I want that pram! I was naughty and while procrastinating I may have stumbled upon a few baby sites and as soon as I saw that pram I loved it :) I wish I could haggle.

Was the kiddicare store good and worth going to?

Glad you are feeling more relaxed now :)

You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Popple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 08:52 PM   #5402
LemonTangWang
Sensual

I am currently:

Ooooo I like to zoomy thing on the website, I also like purple.

Look you can get memory foam for the pram too.

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/...oductAccessory
Luxury!

wubalubadubdub

LemonTangWang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 11:19 PM   #5403
squirrelspit

I am currently:

The kiddicare store was amazing.. and terrifying. Ground floor is filled with like.. things to attach to my nipples and stuff that i didnt even know existed.

The whole of the second floor is prams/pushchairs/travel systems and the third floor is all nursery furniture.

Theres also a big car seat section and all the staff are super helpful. We had this poor girl doinf demonstrations on about 6 different prams and i made her fold up and put back the one we bought about 5 times!

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2012, 02:56 PM   #5404
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Katy, i am so, so happy for you!!! Attachment 19175

Charlie, love that pram! its amazing!
i went into mothercare a while ago, and that scared me!
the kiddicare store sounds awesome!

i think i have a name for little miss, have you thought of any names yet Charlie?

Last edited by Cacoethes : 19-08-2012 at 07:33 PM.

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2012, 04:58 PM   #5405
hellohefalump
fishki

Hello! Long time no see!
I used to come on here a lot when my daughter was tiny (five years ago!). Anyone I used to talk to still around?

I've had a son now, he's two. I've just had another bout of psychosis... this is the forth time since he was born. They diognosed it as puerpal psychosis at first, but I'm starting to think that maybe I've got something else wrong with me because it shouldn't still be happening two years later should it?

If I were a bird - fish
My wings I would spread
I'd swoop over you
And plop on your head.

hellohefalump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2012, 06:24 PM   #5406
Beautifully Broken
Even The Best Fall Down Sometimes.

Katy, so pleased for you!

Charlie, my friend used the Zezu and she loved it. I've bought a few things through the kiddicare website too which have been good value for the money.

I'm doing a 5K sponsored buggy push next month for Bliss...Bliss is a charity that concentrates on raising money for babies born too early and too sick. If any of you would like to sponsor me then please let me know and I can give you more information on it :)

xxx

Beautifully Broken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2012, 07:03 PM   #5407
risenfromperdition
you are loved and beautiful :)

katy- YAY. :D <3

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

risenfromperdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2012, 07:04 PM   #5408
risenfromperdition
you are loved and beautiful :)

nic- is it only uk sponsoring?

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

risenfromperdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #5409
charcoal feathers

I am currently:

Hey, hellohefalump I remember you seeing you on here, you're daughter is around the same age as mine, she's nearly 5.

How're things? Kiddos all doing okay?

x

It's so easy to get lost in constantly having to present
whatever face you believe a person wants to see rather than your own

charcoal feathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2012, 08:40 PM   #5410
hellohefalump
fishki

Hey Charcoal Feathers! I remember you!

The kids are doing great, Madeleine is at school now. We've just found out though that she has hearing problems. It now makes sense why she can't read - she can't hear the sounds properly! I was thinking she was dyslexic, but we think it's her hearing now. We've got an appointment in July at the hospital for that, and hopefully they'll refer her to have grommets put in.

Mojo is the cutest two year old! He looks like his dad with blond hair and blue eyes (you'd never guess he's 1/4 chinese!) He's just learning to talk now.

If I were a bird - fish
My wings I would spread
I'd swoop over you
And plop on your head.

hellohefalump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2012, 09:26 PM   #5411
Beautifully Broken

I don't think so, Heather. I'll PM you the link to the justgiving page and you can try it and see if you can manage to sponsor xx

Old 14-03-2012, 10:34 PM   #5412
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Sam View Post
I take it there isnt another "brand" of formula you can try him on? Have you tried any pregnancy forums for any advice?

It sounds awful having to force him to drink it but at least he's not in pain anymore. Can you mix lots of it in with his pureed foods so he has to drink less?
Nutramigen AA is the other alternative and he gags in that. I mix it with food as much as possible.

88shelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2012, 11:04 PM   #5413
Beautifully Broken

Shelz, what I did with Faith was boiled the kettle and make up about 4 bottles with about 5oz of milk and then at night time boiled the kettle to make up the 2oz of water and added the formula. Already had it pre measured. Was a real time saver and really helped my OH has well as it was easier for him to make up bottles through the day while I was at uni xx

Old 15-03-2012, 04:36 AM   #5414
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautifully Broken View Post
Shelz, what I did with Faith was boiled the kettle and make up about 4 bottles with about 5oz of milk and then at night time boiled the kettle to make up the 2oz of water and added the formula. Already had it pre measured. Was a real time saver and really helped my OH has well as it was easier for him to make up bottles through the day while I was at uni xx
Seems a plan.

88shelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2012, 08:09 AM   #5415
Sunshine
This girl just cant take it anymore

I am currently:

Shelz, my son is 20 weeks and he sleeps from about 11pm- 10am and has two naps during the day!

We bottle feed so we take a flask of preboiled water (left for 20 mins then put in the flast) to bed and we have a container which holds three seperate measures of powder so just pour in it and pop it in a jug of cold water for about 5 mins to cool down, but as he gets up at 10 its pretty easy for us, must be stressful for you.

My LO got a really high temperature last night and had a really high pitched squeeling scream, I go so worried I considered taking him to a and e (over protective mother alert :p) but he eventually feel asleep at 1am and then was up every hour and I eventually gave up at 5.30 and decided to wake up and get dressed and watch some telly! Suprisingly I'm not tired considering I'm at my parents so did the whole night alone without my partner.

Nightmare night but I think the worry has kept me going
X

My Angels
Madeline 09/02/1990
Edward 10/02/1990

I want to live, not merely survive

Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2012, 08:27 AM   #5416
Sunshine
This girl just cant take it anymore

I am currently:

I just read that you are raising money for bliss, I was a very prem baby, born at 24 weeks and my tripplet brother and sister died, so I would love to give you some money! It is such a good cause neonatal services are amazing, even 22 years ago they helped me survive and now I've had my own baby I can kind of realise the horror of losing a baby, let alone 2 like my parents.

Pm me the details
X

My Angels
Madeline 09/02/1990
Edward 10/02/1990

I want to live, not merely survive

Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #5417
Beautifully Broken

I'll PM you the details just in a mo, Sunshine :)

How is you're wee man today? They do like to worry us. Did you try him with calpol to see if it helped? xxx

Old 15-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #5418
charcoal feathers

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellohefalump View Post
Hey Charcoal Feathers! I remember you!

The kids are doing great, Madeleine is at school now. We've just found out though that she has hearing problems. It now makes sense why she can't read - she can't hear the sounds properly! I was thinking she was dyslexic, but we think it's her hearing now. We've got an appointment in July at the hospital for that, and hopefully they'll refer her to have grommets put in.

Mojo is the cutest two year old! He looks like his dad with blond hair and blue eyes (you'd never guess he's 1/4 chinese!) He's just learning to talk now.
Well hopefully that is what it is and you can get it all sorted for her. glad they're doing okay otherwise though x

It's so easy to get lost in constantly having to present
whatever face you believe a person wants to see rather than your own

charcoal feathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2012, 12:38 PM   #5419
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

Hey helena im still here!

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #5420
Popple

Did anyone else find themselves unbearably exhausted in their first trimester? I never thought I could feel so tired! I am falling asleep all the time even when I have slept a lot. Nurse at the hospital said it was normal but it is really getting in the way of me doing things because I physically cannot stay awake most of the day. I have so much work due in the next couple of weeks and I have barely started it because I am always asleep or so tired that I can't even think straight.

You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Popple is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)