RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #5361
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

have finally managed to upload a pic of (maybe) bump!

good luck Katy, i really hope things turn out well for you. thinking of you
xxx

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:39 PM   #5362
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

Can't wait to start TTC again. I miss being pregnant and now I have one son I want more kids. Never would have thought I'd enjoy being a mum
Have to wait very patiently to next may.

How are thing Katy?

88shelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:20 PM   #5363
Sunshine
This girl just cant take it anymore

I am currently:

I dunno why she said wait until 6 months, but I don't want to try until he is seen by the peatricians about his reflux and gains more weight as he is still underweight.

I would have no idea how to wean at all! Do you still give them formula?
Do you make your own food sam or do you buy it?

X

My Angels
Madeline 09/02/1990
Edward 10/02/1990

I want to live, not merely survive

Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #5364
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

If you sign up to cow and gate and hipp website they send you weaning stuff. Our surestart centre does a weanig course too.

You usually start with baby rice and then move on to different purees. Elliot has so gar had baby rice and apple purée. I've made my own for now but once established I'll mix homemade and jars for convenience. So far ice frozen carrot, apple and sweet potato purée and it keeps for a month so am ok. I mix it with his milk so it's runny. He still has his bottle afterwards. At the minute I just give him it with his 10am feed but from Friday I'm introducing it at his 1pm feed too.

Got him weighed today and he is 14lb 12 1/2oz and exactly on 50th centile so tis all good.

If your little one isn't ready for food then there's no hurry. Def get his reflux sorted first.

Xxx

Something Special.

Mrs Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:22 PM   #5365
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Glad all is good with Elliot, Sam :)

quick question, im 22 weeks, is it too early for baby's kicking to be in a regular pattern?
she was kicking loads the other day, but the last 2 days it hasnt been much at all. its not even proper kicks yet, but a little stronger than 'popping'.

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 07-03-2012, 07:35 PM   #5366
squirrelspit

I am currently:

i ended up in hospital the other night cos i was so paranoid. Little one is normally so active and then just went silent for a day.

They listened to his heart and then they made me eat a cup of ice, which woke him up, the midwife said that a lot of women come in around this time with reduced movement.

NHS direct says that if you havent felt the baby move for 12 hours you should go get checked.

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:48 PM   #5367
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

thanks Charlie, glad to hear everythings ok with your little one :)

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 07-03-2012, 08:07 PM   #5368
Popple

Good to hear everything is okay Charlie!

Becky if you are worried get checked out, better safe than sorry and they will be more than used to it :)

You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Popple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:12 PM   #5369
Beautifully Broken
Even The Best Fall Down Sometimes.

I've heard weaning can help reflux, but don't count me on that.

With Faith I started with baby rice once a day and her normal formula feeds...The HV told me not to introduce a second meal until she was 6 months and then the 3rd meal about a week later. She had purees but because I was at uni, we used the heinz powder food which you mix with milk or water as it was easier for us.

Beautifully Broken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:22 PM   #5370
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

I weaned both mine straight onto solid finger foods, risks, biscotti biscuits, banana, pear, melon, toast but they were both 6-7 months when we started.

Baby movements, I was in a lot with chloe with reduced/no movements as silly thing got herself wedged in tight but better safe than sorry x

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:47 PM   #5371
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

Becky have you tried drinking a cold drink or eating something sugary? If you're really worried go get checked out though. I might leave Elliot on 1 meal for a few weeks then. O guess it's good to give his tummy a chance to get used to the change. He's had 5 poos today!! He's in bed already so reckon we won't get to sleep to 7 tomorrow!

Something Special.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:03 PM   #5372
Beautifully Broken

Just to add, Faith didn't get packets all the time lol. Although, if we ever have another one, I think I wouldn't do it again, I'd try and do as much meals from scratch as I think this hasn't help Faith and her adverseness to meat. xx

Old 07-03-2012, 10:08 PM   #5373
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

Hey we didn't use packets and ella still has her moments with meat, its just a weird texture when you got no teeth, then when you get teeth yoj're not used to it. Ella will sometimes eat mince but most of the time wont, she will eat processed meat like nuggets, sausages etc she will eat home roasted chicken so long as its fresh out the oven she won't eat leftovers too chewy I think. Stick with proteins she does like, cheese, eggs, fish fingers (mine hate them), ham/sandwich meat, sausages, nuggets, just offer some of your food for her to try but give her something you know she likes. So when I have cottage pie I give the kids bangers and mash.

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.

Mand x

Old 07-03-2012, 10:42 PM   #5374
Beautifully Broken

Faith was eating sausages but she's not now. She won't eat any meat at all. But she seems to eat it at nursery (not sure how true that is but she'll be due to go down to the 2's room in June so my sister will know exactly what she's eating). She won't even eat fish and eats blocked cheese/grated cheese on a very rare occassion, usually just dairylea. Try and compensate by giving her eggs every other day and plenty of milk and yoghurt which is why I'm not pushing her to come off the bottles.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:56 AM   #5375
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

Supposed to have a pint of milk a day until 2 anyway. You can make things with cheese to get protein in, cheese sauce, cheesey mash, chloe like 'hot cheese sandwiches' - cheese toasties to you and me! Cheese on top of pasta/spaghetti, cheesey pizza etc. If you get a large knife you can chop sliced ham really tiny and mix it into pasta sauce. Mine liked birgers at this age or meatballs, I used to stick them onto lily ice sticks and tell them they were lollies and they liked to nibble bits off. Egg too can be incorporated into foods, from custards to quiche, to blitzed up egg mayo to make it smooth you can spread it on toast then. Dairylea is a god source of protein too, as is cream cheese sweetened and spd on biscuits - instant cheesecake. Mushrooms and sea for are good too although neither of mine will eat these, ella did go through a phase of espating huge pawns sat on my dads lap she wont touch them now (sensiblr girl mushrooms nd prawns are disgusting!).

Mand x

Old 08-03-2012, 10:10 AM   #5376
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

My sister only ever fed jars and packets to her little one and neither of hers had issues with food. So I wouldn't worry about it anyway.

Like I said I will mix feed. I don't think jars are satans child like some people do. Haha. We are going away in May and o know I'll take all jars then. Although he will be 6 months by then sp finger foods will be good too.

Something Special.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:08 AM   #5377
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

she started moving again last night, i think she was just trying to scare me!!

i do worry, im living in a very stressful environment at the moment, but there are doctors on tap so thats reassuring!
hopefully not much longer!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Old 09-03-2012, 08:41 PM   #5378
squirrelspit

I am currently:

Any news Katy?

Bec, im glad little one started moving again. Have you started thinking about names yet?

There was a lady on gumtree who lives a 10 minute train ride from me who was advertising a big bag of baby clothes as her son had grown out of them. It was only 20 quid so i thought that even if there just a few bits we could use that would be a saving and worth it. Anyway, we picked it up and this lady was well posh. She said she had chucked a load of extra bits in as she was doing the laundry and kept finding stuff that didnt fit him.

Anyway, this stuff is all like brand new Ted Baker and John Lewis and Mothercare stuff. We now have about 20 babygrows, 3 pairs of dungarees, 10 tshirts, 5 pairs of jeans, 10 pairs of trousers, 6 sleepsuits, 6 jumpers and 2 hoodys, plus a bucket load of boots, socks, scratch mittens, bibs, burping cloth things and hats. I unpacked it all last night and actually cried a bit.

I have also bought a doppler because i am super paranoid. It is an angelsounds one and it was 18quid on amazon and it was so reassuring to be able to listen to little man today cos hes been kinda quiet the last day or so. I think hes turned around so hes probably tired now.

Hopefully he has dragged the placebta round with him. :P

end ramble.

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:19 PM   #5379
effervescence
tired

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrelspit View Post
I have also bought a doppler because i am super paranoid. It is an angelsounds one and it was 18quid on amazon and it was so reassuring to be able to listen to little man today cos hes been kinda quiet the last day or so. I think hes turned around so hes probably tired now.
I have to say, this worries me a bit. It's easy to listen to something that you think is baby's heartbeat but actually be mistaken. Please also remember to take notice of baby's movements (which will get easier as pregnancy progresses) and how you are feeling as an indication of baby's wellbeing and contact your midwife ASAP if you are ever worried about anything.

Even as the stone of the fruit must break
that its heart may stand in the sun,
so must you know pain.

There are only two ways in which one can live their life. One is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is.

effervescence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #5380
Popple

No news yet, as long as I stay well we won't know any more till Monday afternoon when they do another ultrasound. They are hoping to find us a baby then but at the very least some good progress. I am trying to keep busy to make time go faster but it isn't working because I am shattered and keep falling asleep everywhere!

Good to hear that she is moving again Becky :)

Charlie, what a bargain! Once I know things are okay I need to tell my dad and his wife because their baby is almost one now and they have been starting to get rid of some of his stuff. They kept his sex a secret too so they has unisex stuff for ages because they had stocked up and then he was prem so nothing fitted him

You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Popple is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)