Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 13-11-2018, 06:13 PM   #1
Cecilia1279

I am currently:
New therapist again and Shrink wont listen

I'm heading into my fourth therapist in 3 years, none of the changes have been of my own accord which is so frustrating i could scream. I'm in my first semester of my masters degree so stress is through the roof and I keep dissociating in my classes I'm sleeping 12 to 20 hours on days when I can and if I'm awake I'm constantly feeling like I'm 2 min from a breakdown. I want to put my foot down with my shrink and try some new meds but it always seems like when i get to an appointment everything is just bypassed and nothing gets changed. Any advice on how to deal with the shrink?

Cecilia1279 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 14-11-2018, 06:43 PM   #2
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Do you know of any advocacy services in your area? They could help you be heard. They of course can't make your psych do something they don't agree with but advocacy can help you find ways to get your views across. Have you tried writing things and/or saying that you feel like everything you say is bypassed?

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2018, 07:57 PM   #3
bitomato

I am currently:

I agree about trying to write things down before going to an appointment. It may help you focus on what is said and remember what you want to talk about in appointment.
Don't give up, whatever you do. Hugs

~Happy tomatoes together we will be~
You say toe- may- toe, I say toe- mah- toe:
Let's call the whole thing- red

ďItís time to lead the third revolution, which is not to say we want to be at the top of the world, but to say we want to change the world. Because the way the world has been designed by men is not working. Itís not working for women, itís not working for men,
itís not working for polar bears
.Ē Arianna Huffington 2014

bitomato is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)