RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 03-05-2012, 02:14 PM   #1
AtomicRevenge

I am currently:
The start of an ED?

Hi so, recently, I've found that I've been eating less and less. (And most of what I eat is junk food). I've always been able to wolf down more than my parents combined but in the past year or so, portions have just been getting smaller and smaller (except last winter where I was constantly hungry and eating meals for 4-5 people).

In the past week or so (a bit more) I've just lost the need or the will to eat, or something. I'm hungry, pretty damn hungry from the lack of food actually, but whenever I see food I just don't feel like eating. I eat cause I know I need to but I feel bloated after like two mouthfuls of food.

I've been in a similar situation a few years ago, but back then I was just not hungry, at all, at any point, for a whole two weeks. I think in that time I ate as much as I eat normally in one day. My apetite went back to normal quite quickly though. Still don't know what triggered that but about what's happening now, it's more worrying in a sense that my body is telling me that I need food, badly, but my mind isn't set on eating. Don't know what to do. I've also been feeling quite down recently. Could this be the start of some ED?

<3

One day, you asked me to choose between you and my life,
I chose my life and you left,
But you didn't know that My Life is you.

AtomicRevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:21 PM   #2
xMakeSomeNoisex
I quite enjoy my insanity, thank you very much.

I am currently:

I am not an expert or anything so this is just my opinion but it could be quite a number of things. If you are depressed it can greatly affect your appetite and also if eating makes you feel sick or something it could be some health issue. I would recommend talking to your doctor and seeing what they have to say about it. I hope everything works out and if you need to talk just pm me.

“What if I'm so broken I can never do something as
basic as feed myself? Do you realize how twisted
that is? It amazes me sometimes that humans still
exist. We're just animals, after all. And how can an
animal get so removed from nature that it loses the
instinct to keep itself alive?”

xMakeSomeNoisex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:05 AM   #3
little mermaid
clamshells for castinettes.

I am currently:

If your body is telling you that you are bloated or that you are full-- then, it's time to stop eating. It's important to listen to your body and to not take in more or less than it wants.
However, I'm a bit confused by your post. The 'start of an ed' is TYPICALLY more psychological than physical; it usually means intentionally restricting, purging, etc. If your body is feeling sick and bloated after a few bites, perhaps there is something going on with you physically causing this. However, its completely possible that how you are feeling about your body is causing you to feel too full/bloated.
I personally am someone who is living in an "always recovering" state. To this day, usually, I eat because I know I have to. If you know you have to--hooray! That's a start. I am not sure what else to tell you, besides the typical tried and tired warnings against a restricted diet. Truthfully, it will not help or solve anything. If you're concerned, I really suggest getting a thorough check-up with your doctor and making an appointment with a nutrition. All the love and luck, Lia

Blessing all the birds that died so I could live
be a woman, be a woman

little mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #4
AtomicRevenge

I am currently:

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is if this could be a medical condition or a psychological "push" or something. Because right now, I'm starving, and yet I don't want to eat. I keep telling myself I should but I can't make myself do it. It's possible that it's because of my depressiony-ness right now. (Depressiony-ness? whatever, it can be a word now) And thanks four all the help =)

<3

One day, you asked me to choose between you and my life,
I chose my life and you left,
But you didn't know that My Life is you.

AtomicRevenge is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)