RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 01-05-2012, 05:25 PM   #1
KyleBeth

I am currently:
How do I know?

People have been saying that I am getting too skinny (even though I'm not) and that I am not eating enough (I'm eating fine), but if they notice something, shouldn't I? How do I know if I have an ED or not? I can't talk to my parents about it because they wouldn't understand. I don't know who to talk to about anything. What do I do?

KyleBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 01-05-2012, 11:22 PM   #2
Rockyb_123
Catherine

I am currently:

They might notice even if you don't, ED's can mess with your mind and make you think things that aren't true or perceive things in a different way. Do you think you could perhaps go to your doctor about it if you don't feel you can talk to parents? Or perhaps a teacher or somebody in school?

Last edited by Rockyb_123 : 01-05-2012 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Typo.

Where were you when my walls came falling down?
You tried to hide, you stood close by and didn't make a sound.
Say something.

Rockyb_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:01 AM   #3
[LittleMonster]
Kate.

I am currently:

If people have started to notice certain signs or warnings of the beginnings of an ED then maybe try to rationally look at your intake and attitude towards food?
At least perhaps go and see your GP to see what they think and be completely honest.
xx

[LittleMonster] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:30 AM   #4
little mermaid
clamshells for castinettes.

I am currently:

I feel like you already know. Have your eating habts changed? Has your weight changed? Are you depressed, are you angry with/unhappy with your body? Eating disorders don't just sneak up on us when we accidentally lose weight-- something happens. Only you know if you are avoiding/restricting food. We can't tell you. You, though know. Are you scared? get help. I hear you when you say you can't talk to your parents. You can talk to us-- and I'm certain that within your community there is someone you can talk to. You do not want an eating disorder I think that you probably know why people are remarking your weight loss even though you don't think you're "too" skinny. Maybe you're not underweight right now. That doesn't mean you haven't lost too much weight in too short a period of time. ED's ARE sneaky, but they are not THAT sneaky. Take care of yourself. xoxo

Blessing all the birds that died so I could live
be a woman, be a woman

little mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:25 AM   #5
Lynn134

I am currently:

There is more to being diagnosed with an ED other than others thinking that you are too skinny. I technically do not have an eating disorder but my dr is threatening to diagnose me with one and I have looked up the qualifications to be diagnosed with an eating disorder. I have not been eating (not to lose weight) and have lost a significant amount of weight and was only a few pounds away from the official BMI of an Anorexic. There are other physical symptoms the dr will look at such as hair loss or fine hairs growing on your body, yellowed skin, blueish or brittle nails, slowed heart rate, low blood pressure, and lack of menstrual period. Also refusal to maintain normal body weight is on the diagnosis list. These are things that your dr will look at and assess for an ED. You may want to think about what's going on with your thoughts. Check your BMI and see if it is in the normal range, if you are underweight but feel as though you are fat, then it could be the onset of an ED. Usually the mental and emotional part of and ED appear before the physical ones.

Lynn134 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)