RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 29-05-2008, 04:45 AM   #1
Damaged_Gracie
Gracie Marie.

I am currently:
Triggering (SI) - I just dont know what to do!!

I want to ask my mom if i can start therapy! Just so i can have someone to talk to. I just need someone that wont judge me and i can just rant to. my friends are to busy so i cant talk to them and i would on here but i need to have someone real and in person to talk to.

I have no idea how to tell me mom anything! She doesnt know that i have cut recently. I told her about my cutting issue from a year ago cause i stopped then. But what i really want is to NOT tell her about my recent slip-up and just ask her if i can have therapy. It always seems so easy thinking about what to say and stuff but i freeze and freak out in front of her! I dont want to disappoint her or have her think im cutting again. i know i had a slip-up recently but its not like im starting again!! how am i supposed to ask her?

and all this other crap is pilling up along with this and i just want to SI. but i dont want another slip-up. i dont know what to do anymore! im so screwed up!

Damaged_Gracie is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 29-05-2008, 05:25 AM   #2
-Shae-Lynn*
Laugh often. Dream big. Reach for the stars!!

It's really great that you are trying to reach out and get help!! You should be proud of yourself. A lot of people much older than you aren't mature enough to realize they need help and are actively looking for a way to get it.
As for actually getting help...
Since you're still a minor (under 18, or at least that is what your profile says) and you live in the states your mom is probably going to need to know. You might be able to go through school to get help. Talking to a guidance councellor or something. They might be able to get you help. not exactly sure how it works down south:)

If you ever need to talk, PM me anytime<3
You can get through this.

It's the children the world almost breaks that grow up to save it.
-Frank Warren

-Shae-Lynn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2008, 10:41 AM   #3
Getting_There_Monkey
What! I'm not a tree!

I am currently:

Hey, like you said in your post it was a slip up. forget about this slip up and move on forget it ever happened.
Would it be possible for you to write your mum a letter because as you said you freeze and freak out, just mention to her that somethings are building up and if she could get you someone professional to talk to to help you sort this all out so it doesnt get too much for you again?

*sorry im rubbish on advice i aint long woke up*

If you don't like how things are, change it. You are not a tree!

Getting_There_Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2008, 11:40 AM   #4
CrazyChaoticMess
Smile, it confuses people.

I am currently:

wow huni thats great, maybe just tell your mom about wantin the terapy and miss out the slip ups, maybe write down wat you want to say to her soyou dont freak out and forget? xxx

Safe room= AWESOMENESS <3
I Get Lei'd In Vets!!

CrazyChaoticMess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2008, 03:57 PM   #5
cutupangel09
ANGEL

I am currently:

Oh I've been through this one. What I did is I was just like mom I want to go to therapy because I've been really stressed out lately. Usuallly that is enough to get into counseling/therapy. Once you are going then maybe your therapist can give you some ideas on maybe how to talk to your mom better about your feeling. It is so awesome youa re trying to get help. It really is great we aren't meant to live in thsi world alone.

The Thing We Fear Most, Is What We Want Most

I Will Learn To Fly High Above This World

cutupangel09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 01:39 AM   #6
Wonderland.

Say to your mum something like you feel really under pressure and stressed atm and if you go on much longer like this you feel like you might cut but you dont want that to happen.

Amy x

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Wonderland. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 06:24 AM   #7
Damaged_Gracie
Gracie Marie.

I am currently:

wow. this is some really great advice. im gonna try and talk to her today. probably do what cutupangel said. i think illbe able to do it this time.

Damaged_Gracie is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)