RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-08-2008, 06:38 AM   #1021
*broken-play-thing*
I don't know how to live on anymore. . .

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanish-lullabies View Post
God doesn't hate you for it.
But.

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body," (1 Cor. 6:19-20).
Dang it, I hate the scripture. IT always makes me feel like a horrible person.

"I cannot change the past, but my future is my chance to prove I can change."

"Sometimes our deepest wounds, are the ones we inflict on ourselves."

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

*broken-play-thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2008, 06:43 AM   #1022
*broken-play-thing*
I don't know how to live on anymore. . .

I am currently:

Okay, a question to all your Christians out there, or at least all that can not just flame me . . . I believe in God and his Church. I believe in Jesus and his atoning scrifice. . . but I also like/have an attraction to girls. (I am a girl.) I don't know how to get rid of it, and according to church I am a sinner and it is wrong. Idk how to be who God wants be to be when I feel something so sinful. I don't act upon these feelings, but they make me feel so dirty inside. . . I am so lost. . .

"I cannot change the past, but my future is my chance to prove I can change."

"Sometimes our deepest wounds, are the ones we inflict on ourselves."

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

*broken-play-thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2008, 12:45 PM   #1023
tamobhuuta

you won't be judged for feelings you have, it's not something you have much control over. in fact having this attraction and not acting on it is admirable, just as having the same feelings for the opposite sex and remaining chaste. ask God what it is he wants for you and for his help to accomplish it. and thank God for all the love you feel. love is a wonderful thing whoever it's for, it helps us grow to who we're meant to be. so long as you don't dwell in these feelings overlong or do anything you know to be wrong, you are not made dirty by them.

Ying tong iddle ai po!

tamobhuuta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2008, 02:44 PM   #1024
Auburn Shadow

I am currently:

I just wanted to get your opinions on something, hope you guys don't mind.

Just, I was at church on Sunday, and this thought came into my head that it'd be OK if I was dead because I'd be with Jesus, so I could just go ahead and kill myself. I mean, I'm not going to or anything, but.... if suicide's such a sin, then we'd go to hell, surely? Just wanted to see what you guys think on this. Sorry if it's been discussed previously, I confess I haven't read the whole thread.

~Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly~

***get better soon baby, I need you***

Auburn Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2008, 04:45 PM   #1025
Freedom Fighter

Reality check WE ARE ALL SINNERS. it doesn't matter what you do we are all h*** bent. Its our nature but through the son we are saved.

Ellie pray about it. Yes it probably is a sin (whats not) but If you confess with you mouth to him he will forgive you.

Auburn Shadow yes and no
Yes: It is a sin
No: I believe when the father sees you he will see that you washed your robe in the blood of Jesus cuz of that he will except you.

Then wear the gold hat, if that will move her;
If you can bounce high, bounce for her too,
Till she cry "Lover, gold-hatted, high-bouncing lover,
I must have you!"

Thomas Parke D’Invilliers

Freedom Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2008, 05:15 PM   #1026
MrsEmilyRoseLovett

I am currently:

i totally love my christian faith although lately i am having such a hard time. i keep being told by my church that my condition is spiritual not mental...i really believe its both. i know the demons are around, but i know theres more than just them. everything they believe and everything i believe is causing me so much conflict in my life...and i hate when they act like i dont read my bible enough or "WANT" the freedom. You have to want it thats what they always say. grrrr...and then i feel guilty for something i cant help.

MrsEmilyRoseLovett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2008, 07:26 PM   #1027
Freedom Fighter

Ephesians 2:8-9 (New International Version)

8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast.

Psalm 40:1-2

1 I waited patiently for the LORD;
he turned to me and heard my cry.

2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.

I must have you!"

Old 21-08-2008, 07:39 PM   #1028
spanish-lullabies

Broken Play Thing:
i won't judge you because i know where the feelings are really coming from [not you].
if you are a Bible-believing Christian, you know what God says and thinks about the subject.
keeping praying to God and asking him for his hand in your life and his deliverance.
i'm glad that you haven't acted on it; keep doing what you're doing.
this too shall pass.

spanish-lullabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2008, 12:30 AM   #1029
helpmydeath
Hypnotic love dancer

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ana's-broken-play-thing* View Post
Dang it, I hate the scripture. IT always makes me feel like a horrible person.
so do i! when i told my sister, she actually opened up the bible and read it to me! i felt terrible!

*..life in pain.. *-my older sis; Sweetest Downfall-my jellybean; greenspot-my cousin; TokioPanik!-my TokioHotelTwin; darkdestiny-my pet monkey; I-Feel-Infinate-my gerbil; frombullets2black-my llama; livingnotbreathing-my fellow spy; UnsureOne-my pet goldfish; xXxHis_fallen_angelxXx-my pet monkey; ashy_ashy18-my sister; Aryn is my fellow ninja and partner in crime

Apocalyptic and insane, but my dreams will never change

Dance tonight like no one watches<3ILoveYou

helpmydeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2008, 02:50 AM   #1030
aquatickitten

I am currently:

*giggles* oh, don't I know it. "the word of God is living and active. sharper than any double-edged sword it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. eberything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account." ~the scripture on scripture. :)

salanna, derek webb is one of my favorites. you and everyone else should check out noisetrade.com, his newest project...you can download his newest cd if you tell 3 people about it. really cool idea.

aquatickitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2008, 04:38 AM   #1031
Stress Free Anxiety
Felicia

I am currently:

I've been in a really low place lately, and I had a heart-to-heart with my best friend. We got to talking about Heaven and he told me that it just wouldn't quite be Heaven without me. He suggested that I try the Bible, as it really helped him figure out a lot in his life.

I was once part of a Baptist church, but fell away due to many tragic things happeneing in my life. Since then, I've been searching for something that would make sense but nothing ever did. I know there's someone watching over me, I can feel it, but I feel so lost.

The way his face lit up when we talked really got me curious about the Bible, there's just this tangable calm that seemed to wash over the both of us when we talked. So I guess I'm turning to those who can relate to my situation dealing with depression and the like to maybe give me some more information.

Stress Free Anxiety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2008, 08:48 AM   #1032
Crucifixes_for_ladies
You must bear your neighbor's burden within reason

I seriously need to get on more often.
I back to old habits it seems.-.-

Crucifixes_for_ladies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2008, 08:55 AM   #1033
Crucifixes_for_ladies
You must bear your neighbor's burden within reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ana's-broken-play-thing* View Post
Okay, a question to all your Christians out there, or at least all that can not just flame me . . . I believe in God and his Church. I believe in Jesus and his atoning scrifice. . . but I also like/have an attraction to girls. (I am a girl.) I don't know how to get rid of it, and according to church I am a sinner and it is wrong. Idk how to be who God wants be to be when I feel something so sinful. I don't act upon these feelings, but they make me feel so dirty inside. . . I am so lost. . .
This may or may not be what you want to here. But normally things like this aren't things that go away or you can get rid of. But some people are just wired differently. There is nothing wrong with you. God love everybody. And anyone telling you that your wrong and sinful for feeling the way you do really doesn't care about you. God wants you to be happy. And if you find love with another girl and she makes you happy, I don't see the problem.

(to everyone else)
Don't jump all over me, Please.

Crucifixes_for_ladies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2008, 01:35 AM   #1034
aquatickitten

I am currently:

just a heads up, i might not be on for a bit. college is starting up next week and i've got orientation for my second job (! obviously i was temporarily insane when i decided i could take 4 classes, a lab, and work 2 jobs...). keep me in your prayers, if you remember. it's a good time for a break for me, because right now being on this site is triggering me. :sighs: 9 months on tuesday, though. now i just need to keep fighting even when i don't want to.

aquatickitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2008, 09:09 AM   #1035
pixie*lyssie
Lyssie =) xx

I am currently:

I need some help please I have never been in this thread before. I believe in God and Christianity, but I am half Indian and my mum is an Indian religion. I dont know if my Granny will disown me if I turned Christian/Catholic because she is a very religious Indian, does her prayers every day etc... Also the fact that my Dad wont be happy because he's Prodestant and wouldn't let my mum send me to a Catholic school when I was little. I haven't read the Bible, is this bad? I haven't SI'd in more than 3 months which I think is good but at the moment I am really struggling =( Whenever I am feeling low I look to God for guidance and when I am feeling happy, I thank him!!! I just feel that if I got more involved with the whole religion I'd get much more out of it and perhaps more guidance. What do you recon??

Please help me,

Lyssie xx

Someday I'll wish upon a star
and wake up
where the clouds are far behind me
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
away above the chimney tops
that's where you'll find me
http://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1002&dateline=1227381  259

pixie*lyssie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2008, 12:42 PM   #1036
tamobhuuta

hi Lyssie, and congratulations for going 3 months without SH, i am sorry you are struggling at the moment. as a catholic my advice would be yes, become a catholic! i am biased though, obviously. i think it would be a good idea to read some of the bible, maybe one of the gospels. most bookshops will sell bibles, but if you want just the new testament you may have to go to a christian one, i'm not sure what availability is like. what contact do you have with the christian communities where you live? you say your grandmother is an indian religion, is she Hindu? from what i know of hinduism, it is quite a tolerant religion (though tolerance always varies person to person) and has quite a similar ethos to Catholic christianity. your thingy says you're from Guildford - the catholic church there is called St Joseph's, you could take a look at where it is etc here: http://www.dabnet.org/parishes/Paris...fordsurrey.htm
it is really good that you're in the habit of praying, and of course it is an excellent idea to keep that up. if you want to talk to someone with some wisdom, or at least experience, you may want to get in contact with the priest there. and it's perfectly ok to attend mass there and find out what you're in for before you seek anyone out, if you would prefer (though one shouldn't receive communion until after being confirmed).
it might reassure you/your family to know that there is quite a large indian community within the church locally. here in horsham there are a lot of south indians particularly; so converting to christianity doesn't mean abandoning your culture or traditions.
feel free to PM me, i would be glad to help in any way you can think of (even if you decide against being a catholic )
best wishes, miriam xxx

Ying tong iddle ai po!

tamobhuuta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2008, 09:26 PM   #1037
Becca

I am currently:

I've just found this thread. My faith is really badly suffering at the moment with everything I am going through. Does anyone have any advice for me?

~I don't have time to go through the entire thread right now so apologies if this has been asked before~

Becca

Becca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2008, 09:31 PM   #1038
pineapple016

Lyssie i live in guildford too! wating_in_the_dark mention st. josephs and it's a really good church apparently, im not catholic myself so i haven't been but my friend goes and she loves it. If you didn't mind not going to a catholic church then I know St saviours has a very good youth service called submerge on a sunday afternoon and christchurch and stoke church both have more youth/contemporary services on a sunday evening that are very very good try going to one and see what you think xxxx

'The nights of crying your eyes out give way to the days of laughter' Psalm 30 v 5

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by
and that has made all the difference.
'The Road Not Taken' by Robert Frost

But what's the point of this armour,
if it keeps the love away too?

pineapple016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2008, 10:26 PM   #1039
Freedom Fighter

@Becca pray read and the bible. remember he loves you no matter what

I must have you!"

Old 26-08-2008, 05:18 AM   #1040
flying_kiwifruit

I am currently:

I have introduced myself in here before but that was last year sometime then I forgot about this forum.

Well I'm Nat or Bella whichever you want, I have struggled with cutting mainly for about 3 yeas now.

It took a big toll on my faith and I stikll struggle with both cutting and my faith. Now I regretting typing this but will post it anyway

flying_kiwifruit is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)