RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 12-03-2013, 02:26 AM   #1
Carla_x
Velociraptor

I am currently:
Three months

My emotions are a bit out of control at the moment. It's been three months since I self harmed and I desperately don't want to again, but right now it's so hard because I feel like I deserve it.

And I feel really guilty for posting this, but it's so hard to keep it all inside.

Watch the sunrise all alone
Sitting on the tracks
Hear the train come roaring in
Never coming back

Laying quiet in the grass
Everything is still
River stones and broken bones
Scattered on the hill

Carla_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #2
Pops.
I'm just me.

I am currently:

Hi Carla. Well done for going three months without hurting yourself :) That's brilliant. It's also good that you don't want to do it again. Try to hold on to that if you can. I'm sorry that your emotions are a bit out of control right now. Would it help to talk more about it? And why you think you deserve it?

You have no reason to feel guilty for posting this either. You totally deserve support and it's okay to ask for it. You don't have to keep it all inside.

Last edited by Pops. : 12-03-2013 at 03:06 PM. Reason: you're/your dilemma resolved.
Pops. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #3
Patent Pending
★ Katie ★

I am currently:

Hi.

Well done for being three months SH free =) That's awesome! You should be proud of yourself.

It's good you're still fighting the urges; and well done for continuing to do so. Would it help to talk about why you feel you deserve to SH? Especially when you've done so amazingly already?

Do you have any support around you to help with this?

x x x

It's the ups and downs of living life this way. Promise me you'll never go away. Just stay with me through one more night because it's always darkest before the light and now I promise you I'll never turn away. I won't let you give us one less heart to break...

Patent Pending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:50 PM   #4
Carla_x
Velociraptor

I am currently:

This is why. I don't really feel able to talk to any of my friends about this stuff, mostly because I just worry about what they're thinking about me if I talk about this stuff. I generally find it easier to seperate that part of my life from them if possible. One of my close friends has already had to patch me up before I got to the doctors the last time I self harmed, so feel it'd be unfair to offload my crap onto them.

Things feel too tense at home to talk about this stuff much. I live with my boyfriend and I adore him, but he's generally being quite defensive at the moment and I feel like he just gets frustrated when I get upset or talk about this stuff.

I usually have weekly therapy but it's 4 weeks on, 1 week off - and this week happens to be the one week off. :P

Watch the sunrise all alone
Sitting on the tracks
Hear the train come roaring in
Never coming back

Laying quiet in the grass
Everything is still
River stones and broken bones
Scattered on the hill

Carla_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2013, 03:39 AM   #5
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

Three months is amazing, and you should be really proud of that. It's worth thinking about trying all the regular tips and tricks, like the Cutting Warning Label, which might help remind you why not to start again, or RYL's Big Distraction Page ,the Butterfly Project or White Wednesday. Otherwise a 'Crisis box', (Uh-oh Box) might be useful.

I'm going to put the rest of my reply in your other thread, so I don't get mixed up and say the same stuff twice! :P

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

talaiporia is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)