RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 09-03-2013, 02:23 AM   #1
ForeverVera43

I am currently:
Getting Worse

Things are getting worse and worse each day. I fear not making it through to the end of the semester. I have an option of dropping out this semester to go to treatment, but everyone keeps saying there's only 2 months left of school so just wait until summer to go to treatment. That's what I want too, obviously. However, I am afraid of myself and the fact that things are only escalating each time. It's a very hard decision to make. Any opinions?

ForeverVera43 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 09-03-2013, 02:26 AM   #2
Patent Pending
★ Katie ★

I am currently:

Hi there.

Sorry things are so distressing right now.

Is there anyone you can speak to to maybe get some extra support if you do decide to wait until summer for treatment?

I understand where people are coming from saying about only having a short time left but your health is important too...in fact probably the most important thing; you can make up time in education but you can't risk making things worse for you mental health. It is obviously your decision though.

Do you want to talk more about why things feel like they're getting worse?

If you ever want to talk please feel free to PM me.

x x x

It's the ups and downs of living life this way. Promise me you'll never go away. Just stay with me through one more night because it's always darkest before the light and now I promise you I'll never turn away. I won't let you give us one less heart to break...

Patent Pending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:44 AM   #3
PassedExpectations
a mirror that reflects it

I am currently:

i dropped out of school to do treatment when i was in 11th grade. ended up saving my life i think, totally worth it. i had to repeat the grade, but it was so much better than the alternative...

where/what sort of place would you be going?

this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

The magical part: They NEVER run out, so borrow some any time you want.

PM me anytime, I love getting messages :)
Katie

PassedExpectations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:54 PM   #4
Laura2.0

I haven't been to school/college for 4 years after I finished school, because I became ill at one point.
It was worth it, because I don't think I would have managed to go to college or do a job training during that time.

You survived the abuse.
You're gonna survive the recovery.

- Olivia Benson

Laura, Ginger, Cassi, Luna, Joni, Lena

Laura2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:57 PM   #5
yoyogirl

I am currently:

I would try and use your school work as a distraction tool I know it's hard to distract when your mind elsewhere with other stuff going in your life right now but it helps

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:16 PM   #6
DontLookUp
Saffyx

I am currently:

Hey, that sounds a really difficult place to be.
You really need to consider whether you can cope with school. yeah you only got 2 more months but if pursuing with that is going to harm you, its not worth it. You have got to put your health first.
Having said that if you think you'll be ok though then i would say keep up at it, but make sure you have lots of support from friends/fam/teachers/therapist to help guide you along the way. Also i kept thinking that during school and even now in uni i sometimes thing i need to drop out, but looking back im really glad i didnt drop school cause i got it out the way... but my mental health really suffered for it.
Also just remember dropping out does not mean you've failed or are weak, no matter how close it gets to the end of semester. it makes you strong for recognising your limits, when you can manage and when you cannot. I think just take it day by day and see how you go, don't make any plans just consider if you can face the next day.
*hugs*

♥ .I'm going to fall like I don't need saving. ♥
...My smile's just the armour I built when I was alone...

There was some part of me that hurt so badly, that I wouldn't ever be able to forget it.
It faded but the memories could bring it back any second, keeping me in the moment.
It would never fully heal. I could never really be free. I could never really be fixed.
Now I just have to work out how to live whilst being broken.
I feel like I'm dying.

DontLookUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:56 PM   #7
ForeverVera43

I am currently:

Thanks for the replies y'all, they're really helping me think this through correctly. My therapist has said to try to use school as a distraction, so thats terrific advice! Also, I like the idea of just waking up each day and analyzing whether I can make it through that day or not and going from there. Right now I do feel a little pressured to make a decision soon just because it is Spring Break, and this would be the time to get over to treatment before school starts up again. Thank y'all for all the support :)

ForeverVera43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2013, 04:35 AM   #8
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

How long does spring break last? It might be worth having a few weeks of treatment to keep you going through the final two months of the year. Taking time out, and interruption of studies, is not the end of the world if it happens, often people do much better in the long run.

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

talaiporia is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)