RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 07-09-2018, 05:59 PM   #1
Sock

I am currently:
violent thoughts

I hope im not breaking any rules here -feel free to delete if i am
Might be a strange question.. might delete it myself later - sorry.
Im normally a very calm person (on the outside) , never hurt anyone, i care about people.
But at times when the anger builds up too much I have violent thoughts about trashing the place or screaming at / hurting people. Its normally when im in my office around people in a calm environment. My head feels chaos and detached from the surroundings due to this.
I dont want to hurt anyone but im afraid i might if it gets too much.
What do I do?

You have to do everything you can. You have to work your hardest. And if you do, if you stay positive, then you have a shot at a silver lining
'Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life'
“Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’”

Sock is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 11-09-2018, 07:41 PM   #2
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

I don't think this breaks any rules, so don't worry :)

Do you know where this anger is coming from? Some level of angry thoughts in our day to day lives is completely normal and healthy and I think sometimes when we try to squash those and don't let ourselves feel them, they keep on building up until it kind of explodes into a much bigger anger. Could that be what's happening here do you think?

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 05:28 PM   #3
Sock

I am currently:

Thanks for the reply.

I do bottle it up. I think thats what makes it feel so extreme. Its always been the case. There were times even as a kid when I would have outbursts and hurt someone.
I'm working on ways to express it without it becoming too overwhelming but it isn't easy. So for now I'm avoiding anything that could trigger the slightest bit of anger. I've already had a go at my housemate for something very trivial and i can't afford to mess up like that again with anyone.

You have to do everything you can. You have to work your hardest. And if you do, if you stay positive, then you have a shot at a silver lining
'Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life'
“Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’”

Sock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2018, 12:47 PM   #4
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

What about keeping a notebook for expressing angry thoughts when they initially arrive? That way you could process them a bit and decide whether you were going calmly and politely address the source of the anger or let it go, without a third option of "continue to feel progressively angrier about it but not do anything"!

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)