RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-04-2016, 12:16 AM   #1
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:
Getting rid of the voices

I currently hear a voice for twenty minutes a day and am on 500 mg of clopixol depot every 3 weeks. I am thinking of asking my cpn to ask my psych if I can try 600 mg in order to see if I can get rid of the voices. I would like to avoid increasing the frequency if possible.

Has anyone managed to get rid of the voices? My psych is pretty happy with how I am doing and when I saw him a few weeks ago he didn't want to change my meds.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2016, 01:46 AM   #2
cough cough

I am currently:

I think it's good that you have the understanding that these voices are just voices and don't have the associated delusions that can accompany them which means you have some insight.

I primarily hear people laughing about me when I'm under stress. I tell my team this they generally monitor me without need for more antipsychotic intervention, well giving that I'm on the maximum dose of antipsychotics I think from their point of view it would unstabilise me more if I were to switch
meds.

I think it wouldn't do any harm to ask for an increase if it stops the voices but again I think its good you have insight.

cough cough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2016, 02:33 AM   #3
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

Thanks. I have had increase in them lately due to increased stress. I have had a bout of being physically unwell. I am hoping that it will give me a greater buffer so that if my stress levels increase that I will not be so greatly effected.

I will ask my cpn on Wednesday. Obviously she can't do it there because she needs permission from my psych and secondly the biggest ampoules the meds come is 500 mg. Since she won't have more than 500mg with her it won't be possible to get more.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2016, 12:32 PM   #4
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

I just read your other thread about the songs you think are sending you messages, and the fact you are isolating yourself. I think it means that you don't always have insight- the delusions about the messages in the songs combines with the voice you hear as part of a wider psychosis.

If you want to try a higher dose then it is worth asking- as it may get rid of the voice and also the paranoid thoughts you have about messages in songs, and prince charles.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)