RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2009, 08:11 PM   #41
Spoons

I am currently:

haha
my accent has changed since moving down here, i had a proper suffolk twang to start with, i pronounce stuff better now i guess, kent seems to be a very 'proper' area, especially canterbury.

We are not our failures...

Spoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:18 PM   #42
sobriquet
Alison

I am currently:

I originally hail from Essex and apparently had an accent when I started uni. Which is not good. Hopefully that's gone now. I do still occasionally drop my h's and t's though.

7th July 2007

Hope is the feeling you have, that the feeling you have isn't permanent. (Jean Kerr)

sobriquet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:18 PM   #43
Spoons

I am currently:

i apparently used to talk so fast and weird that my friend couldnt undertsand what i said i kept having to repeat every damn thing

Old 06-03-2009, 09:20 PM   #44
shadow-light
He was no dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon

I am currently:

I've never really had a "proper" accent...

thing about unis is that there are people from all over there, so you don't really interact which that many people from the area so surely picking up the accent would be hard?

shadow-light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:08 PM   #45
Spoons

I am currently:

your in a completely different place your bound to pick up an accent, worrking in the town or out and about. living somewhere for several years is bound to make your accent change

Old 07-03-2009, 02:19 PM   #46
shadow-light

I am currently:

no I'll agree you'll loose your old accent, I just don't think you'll pick up the accent of the new place...

Old 07-03-2009, 02:44 PM   #47
Too Shy

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoons View Post
yus kent is awesome.
although i may go to christchurch to do my masters if i do social work, but that wont be yet.

yes our library is massive but its not that great, its packed full of out of date irrelevant books and there are never enough of the book that are needed. Inquire the student newspaper had a massive bit slagging it off.
Is it really bad that I've been in Kent since September and never been in the library yet? :\ I'm too shy to go in there, I'm relying on online journals at the moment. >.<

I have a Stats exercise to do (I'm procrastinating from it at the moment :D), an essay for a couple of weeks, another Practical assignment in a few weeks I think, and a multiple-choice exam a month today. It's not that much work, but for some reason it's feeling like loads. Meh. :(

Too Shy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:51 PM   #48
fairytale dreamer
notice the moon

I'm a uni student! In my first year studying Art and Design.

I'm in the studio 9-4 everyday, apart from Wednesday when we have a seminar in the morning and the rest of the day "off" which really means time to catch up with work.

I think my accent has changed, one of my flatmates speaks Doric (slang that they speak in Aberdeen) and I've picked up her accent a wee bit.

And the world spins madly on...

fairytale dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:10 PM   #49
Spoons

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Shy View Post
Is it really bad that I've been in Kent since September and never been in the library yet? : I'm too shy to go in there, I'm relying on online journals at the moment. >.<

I have a Stats exercise to do (I'm procrastinating from it at the moment :D), an essay for a couple of weeks, another Practical assignment in a few weeks I think, and a multiple-choice exam a month today. It's not that much work, but for some reason it's feeling like loads. Meh. :(
what subject do you do?

my friend did psychology and didnt get a book out of the library once.

i like the library late at night or weekends, where you can actually find a computer and a desk.

Old 07-03-2009, 04:14 PM   #50
The One Who

I am currently:

How can you not need the library?! I usually really like the library, as long as there aren't people there just to waste their time. It's annoying when I need a computer to print something off and half the computers are taken up with folk messing about on them.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:50 PM   #51
Bleeding Angel
This is my story, and your not part of it...

I am currently:

it pisses me off more when they are sitting listning to music with the headphones blaring

"Its not how long a star shines, what is remembered is the brightness of the light"

Bleeding Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:11 PM   #52
The One Who

I am currently:

Yep, that too. There is a library etiquette that should be followed. Especially in the run up to exams.

Old 07-03-2009, 05:39 PM   #53
what_the?
continual crisis

I am currently:

I seem to be living in the library at the moment.....Today is the first day for about a month that I've been in there for less than 3 hours. Meh

I do hate it when people are just arseing about on facebook, when you really need to get some work done!

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. Make us all feel wonderful. We'll never forget."

what_the? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:00 PM   #54
Spoons

I am currently:

yeah when they are all pissing about on youtube it annoys me.
i do my faffing about at home, the library is for work

that being said, im off to the library

Old 07-03-2009, 06:01 PM   #55
what_the?
continual crisis

I am currently:

^^ totally agree

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. Make us all feel wonderful. We'll never forget."

what_the? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:07 PM   #56
The One Who

I am currently:

Exactly! I need to use a uni computer for printing since I don't have one at home. I also need them to get access to some journals since they'll only let you access them through a uni computer, not even Athens. And some software which I am not shelling out hundreds for. If you don't need a computer just bugger off, or go at quieter times. It's open from 6am until 2am. Why go between 11am and 3pm?!

Old 07-03-2009, 06:08 PM   #57
sobriquet
Alison

I am currently:

Our uni computers have been 'updated' recently which means they now take 10 mins to log off, 10 mins to log on, then another 5 mins of waiting around for the computer to recognise there's internet. Every time I go to the library to print I have to allow an extra half hour just for the computer to load. And there's a ridiculously small number of computers for the number of students so you end up waiting for ages for one to become free. REALLY need to get my printer cartridges refilled.

7th July 2007

Hope is the feeling you have, that the feeling you have isn't permanent. (Jean Kerr)

sobriquet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:24 PM   #58
Too Shy

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoons View Post
what subject do you do?

my friend did psychology and didnt get a book out of the library once.

i like the library late at night or weekends, where you can actually find a computer and a desk.
I'm doing Psychology! Haha, maybe i'll get away with it then...or maybe i'll just have to go in there one day, it just looks so big and scary. >.<

Too Shy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:28 PM   #59
shadow-light

I am currently:

why is it that all uni people bar me seem to have obscene quantities of work?

Old 07-03-2009, 09:08 PM   #60
Spoons

I am currently:

you are damn lucky!

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)