RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 07-09-2016, 11:30 PM   #1
brookie24

I am currently:
PLEASE help me. Want to recover....

My name is Brooke. I'm 31 years old and have dealt with eating disorders since I was 15 years old. It started when I gained some weight and I got fed up one day and everything just snowballed. I starting fasting and lost a lot of weight. From there I switched to bulimia, as I found it more managable. I still binge and purge frequently. losing as much weight as I did (very quickly) took an insane toll on my body and left me with heaps and heaps of excess skin. I waited years and years and years to have skin removal surgery and have just undergone phase 1 of 3. This is VERY important to me. The skin/my body effected nearly every moment of my life. I want to be healthy and stop this and be able to eat normally and maintain a healthy lifestyle... but I am absolutely TERRIFIED that I will gain an insane amount of weight back, mess up my results, etc etc. And I would still like to take some weight off I cannot express HOW important this is to me. This is the first time I have felt decent about my body in SO long, and it is truly what has started the change in my brain and sparked the will to get better. Any advice in my particular situation (meal plans, tips, help) would mean the absolute world to me. Please.

Last edited by tiptoes : 21-09-2016 at 01:27 PM. Reason: ED numbers
brookie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 22-09-2016, 01:08 AM   #2
Unbreakable.
We can try. We can always try.

I am currently:

Sounds like you need to discuss your bulimic behaviors and your worries re food with your doctor.

No one here can give you medical advice or come up with a meal plan for you. However, we can give advice on how to get the help that you need.

Does your doctor know you are struggling with an Eating Disorder?
I think getting help for the way you think and feel about food might be a good way to keep your weight stable and to worry less about it.

the sun

the moon

the truth

Unbreakable. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2016, 06:46 PM   #3
yoyogirl

I am currently:

I am sure given your history with eating disorders your GP would be aware of how serious things for you at the moment and i would suggest you speak to him or her about it

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 02:26 AM   #4
Sue82

I am currently:
I feel your fear

Sorry this isn't constructive advice but I just wanted you to know that I feel your fear.

I had abdomniplasty a year ago to remove a little paunch of skin following weight loss. I am terrified of gaining weight but revert to 'little Sue' when I feel empty or angry and binge. My BN has arisen to mitigate weight gain following these emotional binges (and I suppose also a way of punishing myself & providing a release).

I'm yet to seek medical help bar private CBT, I'd be interested to understand what help you get/got and how you are.

Sue82

Sue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 02:09 AM   #5
i.am.me

I am currently:

One word babe. Exercise. It saved me. It makes you feel good and keeps weight off, but in a good way. Plus, you need to eat to exercise. Seriously, it saved my life.

i.am.me is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)