RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 22-09-2016, 05:52 PM   #1
Buttons.
Never knowing...a helping hand or hell to pay?

I am currently:
Not an ED (promise) but appetite gone to ****.

Basically my ED days are well behind me *touch wood* but recently I have had zero appetite and have to force myself to eat, I can't even finish off small amounts of food. I'm not losing drastic weight as I have a drinking problem and meds that cause weight gain, but my recent blood results said I'm not getting anywhere near the nutrients I need.

I need to find something easy to get down (preferably with a lot of iron) that's also easy to prepare 'cos exhausted, I'm pretty much living on soup and super noodles, everything real and nutritional I used to enjoy I just...don't, except if I haven't eaten for a while. Oh My days so anxious posting this don't want to trigger anyone but didn't want to continue this way. ANY easy food ideas would be much welcome.

Am trying to form a healthier life pattern but don't know where to start.

'Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'

['There is only one thing we say to death. Not today'.']

'We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.’ – Oscar Wilde
‘It’s hard to dance with the devil on your back.’ Sydney Carter

Buttons. is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 22-09-2016, 06:07 PM   #2
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

I empathise. I've lost my appetite too.

I found smoothies a good way to get vitamins in. You can add spinach for extra iron.

Also something simple like frying a steak for 3 mins each side and microwaving potatos and veg is a quick meal.

Also ready meals are simple and easy to make and mean you get a more full meal than supernoodles. And don't need any prep.

Imperfection is underrated.

Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2016, 06:10 PM   #3
tiptoes
Forum Mod

I am currently:

When my mood is low I struggle with appetite and eating becomes much more tiresome and a chore. I find foods that are still edible cold good so I can still pick at it long after I have sat down to eat it! I find things like cereal bar are helpful to boost my intake a bit with out being over faced by the thought of it. I find eating small amounts of different foods easier than just one thing, I get less bored of the foods and the amounts of each things separately feels less overwhelming.

I find setting alarms or timers helpful for keeping to a routine, or try and build eating around other routines - having something to eat every X cup of tea or similar.

Some cereals and kids food are fortified with various nutrients they might be something to look into.

In my dreams I slew the dragon

tiptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2016, 08:50 PM   #4
Sock

I am currently:

I can relate. Don't have any good advice as I am still trying to eat better myself. However, my GP did advise me to snack on dried fruit and nut whenever i can or if i'm really not able to force any proper food down myself.

You have to do everything you can. You have to work your hardest. And if you do, if you stay positive, then you have a shot at a silver lining
'Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life'
“Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’”

Sock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2016, 06:44 PM   #5
yoyogirl

I am currently:

Best thing to do is stick to things which are manageable for you at the moment and gradually let your body enjoy some foods. If not speak to your doctor and let him/her know whats going on for you.

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 01:37 PM   #6
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

I was going to suggest smoothies as well! Was there any follow up from your recent blood test? Just wondering if you're already taking a multivitamin or any other supplements.

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2016, 04:38 AM   #7
Buttons.
Never knowing...a helping hand or hell to pay?

I am currently:

Sorry for very delayed reply-my concentration is for ****.

Blood test my body just plain doesn't seem to be absorbing iron (hemacomatrosis-cannot spell for the life of me but anyway the condition is a bitch) despite being on iron supplement. I have had some improvement after discovering a few cheap and easy thicker soups to have, I can't always manage a piece of bread with it but I generally try so at least getting something down, and veg rather than noodles or whatever.

Oh also take vit b strong, and I'm supposed to take thyamine but it keeps knocking me sick, and I'm being sick (not deliberately just to clarify) enough without adding that to the equation.

Last edited by Buttons. : 14-10-2016 at 04:39 AM. Reason: forgot

'Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'

['There is only one thing we say to death. Not today'.']

'We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.’ – Oscar Wilde
‘It’s hard to dance with the devil on your back.’ Sydney Carter

Buttons. is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)