RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 29-01-2016, 03:01 AM   #1
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:
depressed about work situation

I was clearing out a drawer and found my old cv. 26th March 2003 was the last time that I did any form of paid work. That's nearly 13 years ago.

But part of me thinks that I shouldn't be too hard on myself. I have been claiming sickness benefits since August 2004 and I have been under a cmht since then. I have been declared unfit to work and I shouldn't feel ashamed. I have a genuine disorder but I feel as though I am faking it. My cpn says that I am not properly medicated. Heck I may never be able to do an proper job before I reach retirement age (other than voluntary work ).

But I feel such a fraud. I feel asthough I should be in a paid job by now. But part of me knows that realistically I wouldn't be able to cope with the pressures of a job, even part time.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 29-01-2016, 07:58 AM   #2
Amaranth
Leah

I am currently:

Don't beat yourself up - you can't help being ill xx

Amaranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2016, 12:33 PM   #3
be here now

I am currently:

You are where you are right now. Be present and don't contemplate whether it's right or wrong for you to be where you are now. If there's a calling inside you to take action in some form then do it. If not then be at peace with where you are in life. Nothing stays the same forever.

be here now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2016, 06:59 PM   #4
EMH

I am currently:

please dont be hard on yourself. everyone is so different and can handle and cope differently to work even when you discount mental health problems. work is not the only part of life.

EMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2016, 07:11 PM   #5
PoppyLove

I am currently:

Just think how crazy our society is, though - what other creature actually works for a living?

I think this leads to a LOT of unrealistic expectations. "you must do X to be considered successful" -- in my opinion, that's just not true.

Personally, I think volunteer work is great! If you did a bit of that and were happy and able to survive, who cares what anyone else says? You're probably contributing to the world far more than they are anyway.

PoppyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 12:18 AM   #6
yoyogirl

I am currently:

Can you look into supported employment for people with mental health problems they can help people get into work. Speak to the job centres Shaw trust and see if they links with Disabled employment advisors and then refer yourself.

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)