RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-01-2012, 01:35 AM   #21
squirrelspit

I am currently:

i was sure you had already posted a thread like this, but then i couldnt find it.

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2012, 07:04 AM   #22
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrelspit View Post
i was sure you had already posted a thread like this, but then i couldnt find it.
I think I did...oh crap.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.
I have autism and have problems communicating, PMs included.
Just becasue I type well doesn't mean I speak well. I am only part time verbal.

Steel Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2012, 07:09 AM   #23
Steel Maiden

I am glad that dressing up helps most of your self-confidence.

I personally feel horrid when I am forced to dress up. I wear baggy clothes because I hate feeling tightness on my skin. If I have to wear anything tight (which I haven't done since I was 19 and my mum was being horrible and making me wear them just to make me upset), I will fidget continuously and feel suffocated.

I didn't see the purpose of dressing up before but after reading your posts, it makes a bit more sense now.

My "smart" dress is a men's shirt, a pair of black trousers I got from the army shop and trainers or boots....:/ that's as far as I will go.

I also wear mostly (if not all the time) clothes that men would generally wear, I dislike women's clothes, even though I am a woman.

Thank you for all your posts though, very helpful.

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.

Old 20-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #24
Dream Decending
Willow

I am currently:

I hardly ever dress up but if I do it's because I want to look good for me.

Feel the removal of desire and shame
It's the key to rebirth in a world slightly sane

Dream Decending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2012, 05:53 PM   #25
Scaredy-cat
I am the very model of a modern major general

I am currently:

I only really want to wear stuff based on how i feel in it, ie i only ever wear one pair of shoes day to day because they are all that fits. But i try to make a bit more effort to look girly sometimes because i think other people care about clothes and things. I want to fit in a bit so i make myself take an interest to be a bit more approachable and stuff to talk about. Because mostly i dress like a boy more than a girl, and apparently i scowl and look unfriendky too

He was no longer jean valjean but no. 24601 -les miserable

Some of life's mysteries will never be solved, such as why, after spending an entire evening listenong to Bach, do I find myself humming "the birdie song".......

I am reaching, but i fall, and the stars are black and cold, as i stare into the void of a world that cannot hold- les miserables

Scaredy-cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2012, 06:58 PM   #26
Steel Maiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaredy-cat View Post
I only really want to wear stuff based on how i feel in it, ie i only ever wear one pair of shoes day to day because they are all that fits. But i try to make a bit more effort to look girly sometimes because i think other people care about clothes and things. I want to fit in a bit so i make myself take an interest to be a bit more approachable and stuff to talk about. Because mostly i dress like a boy more than a girl, and apparently i scowl and look unfriendky too
Why does it matter about what other people think though? To be honest I am not convinced that friends who like you for being like them (i.e. wearing similar clothes as them) are really that good friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
Dress up doesn't really mean tight fitting.

Ask anyone about my "body issues. I have lots. I cannot stand ANYTHING tight on my stomach at all. I'll always tug and pull at it. So for me, dressing up is a pair of nice, black boot cut jeans (not tight, not too loose) and a button up shirt. My favourite button up shirt is fitted, but not tight at all. I feel nice and happy when I'm wearing it because I sort of "feel" like I look better than usual.
Ok thank you for clarifying. What are boot cut jeans like? I can't remember how they're shaped. I have some button up shirts but they're three sizes too big for me, on purpose.

Old 20-01-2012, 08:03 PM   #27
Steel Maiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
Boot cut jeans:
Thanks

Old 20-01-2012, 08:07 PM   #28
All I know is falling.

I agree, nice doesn't have to mean tight. I also hate tight clothing, especially anything on my stomach. I refuse to wear anything that's tight in that area, which makes shopping kind of a pain because a lot of shirts are made out of clingy material!

I like to dress up sometimes, when I'm going out somewhere and it calls for it. I don't really think that how I'm dressed makes me feel more confident, but it makes me look confident (which is how I want people to view me). *shrugs*

All I know is falling. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2012, 08:31 PM   #29
BridgesAndBalloons
A Thimblesworth of Milky Moon

I don't much like dressing up, I feel awkward and very self conscious, not comfortable at all. I have a couple of loose, nice looking blouses that I wear sometimes.

But mostly I just wear men's horror movie t shirts, men's hoodies, women's jeans and boots because I'm most comfortable like that. I do like to wear make up and jewellery though, although not every day.

BridgesAndBalloons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #30
Batmansx_xTeddy
I'm the girl who is lost in space.

I am currently:

I never understand the whole dressing up thing either. When I was in school I woke up so late that I only had a few minutes to throw on some clothes [most of the time I would just wear my pajamas to school lol] and run out to the bus.

My sister takes an hour to get ready in the morning and it is crazy but she is such a girly girl.

I personally only wear what is comfy like baggy clothes [usually either sweat pants or some baggy jeans and mostly just shirts that have random stuff on them and a hoodie] and I will put my hair up in a bun and only wear some eyeliner and chap stick but that is all. The only time I ever dress up is when I have to go to something that calls for it and even than I do it reluctantly.

Honestly most of it is because I find it to tiring to do all that dressing up and I also am very self conscious about my body and I am convinced no matter what clothes I wear I would look horrid. Plus I hate going shopping trying on clothes just manages to eff with my self esteem so I don't go out buying any cute clothes.

Last edited by Batmansx_xTeddy : 20-01-2012 at 10:11 PM.

“I didn't want to wake up. I was having a much better time asleep.
And that's really sad. It was almost like a reverse nightmare,
like when you wake up from a nightmare you're so relieved.
I woke up into a nightmare.”
― Ned Vizzini

Batmansx_xTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2012, 10:19 PM   #31
Auragrace

I am currently:

See I hate dressing up to much coz I dont like attention

Auragrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 07:40 AM   #32
Steel Maiden

Interesting views, thanks.

My mum used to force me to dress up sometimes and tbh I felt like I was going to vomit the minute the dress or the lipstick went on. Eventually I told her to stop and she has to live with that now. Although we don't talk or see each other now, last time we saw each other, I think she was learning how to "put up" with my army trousers and steel-capped boots.

Old 21-01-2012, 04:49 PM   #33
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

^And, also, most of the time making an effort with your appearance makes you stand out less, because you look just like everyone else.

Like at a party, the person who's too self conscious to dance stands out more than the random people dancing away.

Imperfection is underrated.

Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #34
Steel Maiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellatrix View Post
^And, also, most of the time making an effort with your appearance makes you stand out less, because you look just like everyone else.

Like at a party, the person who's too self conscious to dance stands out more than the random people dancing away.
Very good point. Explains why I get called names by teenagers on the streets.

Old 21-01-2012, 05:49 PM   #35
Freedom Fighter

I feel pretty ****ing good when I "suit up"

Then wear the gold hat, if that will move her;
If you can bounce high, bounce for her too,
Till she cry "Lover, gold-hatted, high-bouncing lover,
I must have you!"

Thomas Parke D’Invilliers

Freedom Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #36
inblack

I am currently:

When I was younger and less depressed I used to enjoy dressing up. For me I think I just wanted to attract the opposite sex so I wanted to look pretty. Even after getting a boyfriend though I often would dress up, but usually for him because I wanted him to think I was beautiful. Other times I wanted to look professional for work. So I guess for me it had multiple functions.
I used to enjoy it and it made me feel girly, grown up, and beautiful. Now I basically never dress up, I've stopped caring about what others think to a pretty huge extent. I can barely take care of myself so its kind of out of the question to add more stress to that by dressing up, and I get no enjoyment from it anyway. If anything I feel frustrated because I feel I look ugly no matter how hard I try to hide it.

inblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 07:54 PM   #37
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

I dont like dressing up. I dont even wear makeup every single day.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 11:37 PM   #38
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Maiden View Post
Very good point. Explains why I get called names by teenagers on the streets.
That's not nice at all :(

I don't really 'dress up' fancy that much, because I don't go out to fancy things that often. But day to day I think a lot about my appearance, because I want people to like me. Which is pretty shallow, but hey-ho. Also I realise I make a special effort on the day I see 'certain' people, because I want them to see me looking good and holding it together so they know I'm fine without them.

But in less narcissistic news, I do quite like bright colours and wacky tights, and I feel comfortable and confident and 'myself' in them :)

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2012, 11:48 PM   #39
Leo Pard
Flem Fatale

I am currently:

Dressing up for me is some skinny-ish trousers (generally chinos), a button down shirt, smart shoes, and a pull-over style jumper.
At uni I wear Jeans, trainers (or steels), a t-shirt or longsleeved shirt (weather depending), and a hoodie. Sometimes I wear my coat as well although, I also wear my coat when I'm dressed up.
Sometimes I just wear smart-ish jeans and trainers and a polo shirt when I go out though. Usually a jumper too.

The world is just illusion always trying to change me.
You will find wonder wherever you can, and spread joy whenever you are able.

I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, divide within me. - Frankenstein.

Leo Pard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2012, 08:02 AM   #40
Steel Maiden

What are chinos?

When I go to uni or am going out somewhere with my friend, I usually wear either tracksuit trousers and an oversized t-shirt (I like oversized clothes so I can't feel them too much against my skin), and trainers. Other times I'll wear army trousers, boots and a big tshirt, perhaps a hoodie as well if it is cold.

When I go to my dad's office I wear a pair of black trousers (I fidget when I wear them because they're not baggy enough), trainers and a men's shirt.

My friend is the same with clothes, he doesn't like "feeling" them. We both have Asperger's and we share the extreme uncomfortability of even slightly tight clothes.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)