RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 03-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #1
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1

Bad and good supermarkets.

What is your favourite supermarket? What is your least favourite supermarket? And why?

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.
I have autism and have problems communicating, PMs included.
Just becasue I type well doesn't mean I speak well. I am only part time verbal.

Steel Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:51 PM   #2
FranticMind

I am currently:

I love asda because it is cheap and their asda's own is really tasty. I dont like sainsbury's or The Co-op because it is too expensive :P

FranticMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:55 PM   #3
The One Who

I am currently:

Whichever one is most convenient. They're much of a muchness, really.

Although my local Morrison's has the oddest layout I've ever encountered.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:58 PM   #4
Stellata

In an ideal world, Waitrose! But that's strictly for treats!

I go to Tesco or Sainsbury's most. Each have things the other doesn't [like Sainsbury's don't yet sell lactofree cream, but they have good fruit juices] so I tend to alternate. Sometimes I go to Asda when it's on my route home.
I've recently discovered my local Morrison's, and that's pretty awesome, just a bit of a trek further but good for salads especially.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:16 PM   #5
Field Of Paper Flowers
Random Hero

I really like Asda and Tesco, but I think that's mostly because they're within a 15-20 minute drive away from my house so it's always a rare "treat" to drive there for shopping. :) Plus the underwear section from Asda is amazing! :P

I don't really have a least favourite, they all stock food which is a win for me. :P

Field Of Paper Flowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #6
Mrs Sam
Nothing Special

I am currently:

I like aldi and lidl as they have unusual things you can't get elsewhere. Other than that I don't care but asda is closest.

Something Special.

Mrs Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #7
Sketchy

I am currently:

I like asda. There is a big one near my flat and it has a huge variety of soya/veggie/tofu based food (I'm vegetarian). They are also good for fruit and veg and I like to go to the clothes section too. Their wine selection is good too. Oh, and you can always pick up a cheap dvd.

I also have a small tesco near my flat, but it's a bit rubbish and over priced just because it's a small shop. I like the bigger co ops because of their fair trade stuff, but I find them too expensive and not a huge variety.

Lidl (I can't remember how to spend it) is good for fruit and veggies.

I used to like Morrisons but I think they have went downhill and have a rubbish vegetarian selection. Also, for some reason, the Morrisons where I am are really bad for parents letting their kids run about screaming and I find it too noisy and stressful. Not that Asda's that much calmer, but maybe because it's bigger it doesn't seem so bad.

Sketchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:59 PM   #8
Lilo

I am currently:

I hate the Asda near me as it's always really busy and full of parents screaming at their children

If I had the money I would buy all our shopping from Waitrose.

Lilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:11 PM   #9
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.

I am currently:

Asda because it's only a 10 minute walk away but I hate to think i'm supporting Walmart.

FabulousMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:12 PM   #10
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.

I am currently:

Oh and if I have to buy something expensive I can get 10% off.

FabulousMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:03 PM   #11
Steel Maiden

Are Lidl actually bothering to use recyclable materials now? Because I boycotted Lidl a while ago because it made me throw so much plastic in the bin. I don't know if they've changed yet.

Supermarkets give me way too much anxiety anyway so I do Sainsbury's online shopping. Last time I went to Asda I nearly got thrown out by security because I had a huge meltdown and started screaming and throwing stuff (sensory overload).

PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:12 PM   #12
Sketchy

I am currently:

I would imagine supermarkets would be horrible for you. That must have been a frightening experience in asda. Shopping online must be much better. A lot of supermarkets are offering this option, which is great. If you ever have to visit a supermarket, go first thing in the morning when it's quiet and maybe take someone with you for support.

I'm not sure about lidl recycling. I haven't been there in ages.

Sketchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:36 PM   #13
PassedExpectations
a mirror that reflects it

I am currently:

WEGMANS ALL THE WAY!!!! (i know you're probably all talking about UK places, but wegmans, which is from where i live, is seriously the absolute best!... like, when my relatives visit from other places, we take them to wegmans as something fun to do. and tours of the area will stop there. and its been in like the top 10 companies to work for for years running)

this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

The magical part: They NEVER run out, so borrow some any time you want.

PM me anytime, I love getting messages :)
Katie

PassedExpectations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:47 PM   #14
Indigo.
Wir und die Todten reiten schnell.

I am currently:

Sorry about your bad experience, Steel Maiden X Online shopping sounds great though, you can get your stuff without actually going there :)

I only went to Waitrose once, and it was para-para-paradise. <3 (I think I'll spend way too much time& money there once I move to the UK..). The other ones seemed fine to, ASDA was nice, but I agree that supermarkets can be really tiring and confusing and noisy!

If I only could
make a deal with God.

Indigo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:41 PM   #15
Steel Maiden

Thanks. Online shopping is very useful. I can use the very local Co-op (2 minute walk away) early in the morning when it's quiet, but it's expensive so I don't use it a huge amount. I have a Co-op loyalty card which does give me money off sometimes though. My Dad takes me to the huge Tesco's in New Malden once every couple of months when he visits, but I usually end up giving him my shopping list and waiting in the car because I start getting very agitated in there (my Dad wouldn't know how to handle me if I had a meltdown tbh).

Old 04-07-2013, 04:47 PM   #16
Wonderland.

I usually do online grocery shopping too, as I find going far too anxiety provoking and had a meltdown many times.

I think with doing it online it's much easier to stick to getting what you need. Rather than having all these offers jump out at you (an normally for naughty treats).

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Wonderland. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:15 PM   #17
happywondering
выродок

I'd never do my food shop online. I used to work nights in sainsburys and saw how bloody lazy those online shoppers were, wouldnt trust them to get my food right.

Never forget what you are for the rest of the world will not.
Wear it like armor and it can never be used to hurt you

happywondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:18 PM   #18
Wonderland.

I get mine online from Asda, and they seem to be rather good (:

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Wonderland. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:34 PM   #19
Faulty item

Harrods and fortnum and mason for my oven chips , lidl or aldi for the rest. I like asda ownmake toiletroll .

Faulty item is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #20
ferretmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Who View Post
Whichever one is most convenient. They're much of a muchness, really.

Although my local Morrison's has the oddest layout I've ever encountered.
This really, although I tend to online coz I cba and it also means I can keep an eye on what I am spending

ferretmonster is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)