RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2011, 10:19 PM   #1
MissAnonymous

I am currently:
How big?

My kitten is 10 and a half months old and he still looks like a kitten in size and shape, obviously. I was wondering, how much bigger can he get in the next couple of months? I know they don't stop growing for a while as yet, but he seems rather small.. I was hoping he'd be a little more beefy.

The vet is happy with him, he wasn't there that long ago, and his weight is on target so to speak, but his volume is rather small [he is muscle-y and fit/active] just pint sized in comparison to his neighbours.

Was your cat/kitten small and then grew a lot more after 10/11 months?

MissAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:47 PM   #2
*Beth*
Beth

I am currently:

I have 2 cats from the same litter, both girls. They are 4 now, but i would say they were fully grown by about 1. But one of them is tiny, she looks like a kitten still - people always comment that she's about 7 or 8 months old. The other one is HUGE - at least double the size. They're complete polar opposites. The vet says they're both healthy though. Apparently the bigger one just has 'big bones'!
I would say he's unlikely to grow a massive amount now, if he's still small he's probably gonna stay quite small, but he might still grow a bit.
I could be wrong though, i'm no expert.

It's gonna take a long time to love

It's gonna take a lot to hold on

It's gonna be a long way to happy.

*Beth* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:56 AM   #3

Let's see a pic. He might just be a small cat.

10001110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:07 AM   #4
Busby

I had a similar issue with my two cats ( from the same littler). They were quite small when they were kittens ( their 20 yrs old this yr now), but when they hit about the age of 1, 1 and a half, they really started to fill out gradually. Now, they are literally at least twice as big as they were when they were kittens, and also a big saggy round the edges because they have both had litters when they were 2, and their body size increased.

Busby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:14 AM   #5
MissAnonymous

I am currently:

We chose him from a litter of 5 because he was the biggest, though they all looked healthy. Pictures don't tend to show his size accurately but I will try and find one where he is standing next to something.

I hope he fills out, he looks so measly right now :P

MissAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:22 AM   #6
insidemyhead
time traveller

I am currently:

Hi it can be quite normal to stil be so small I work in a cattery and we get very young ones in and sometimes we have an 8 week kitten half the size of a fully grown cat when his siblings are still really diddy. Likewise I've know quite a few to remain very small for quite a while but all of a sudden they grow and fill out just as someone else mentioned. I've known cats uP to 18 months to still look like cute little kittens. I think it's quite normal like us humans we all grow and what not at different times and some grow all at the same time and all to different sizes its just natural I think. It is likely he will fill out it'll probably catch you by surprise some day jut like the kittens and cats ive know in my short time at work.

Last edited by insidemyhead : 09-07-2011 at 06:31 PM.

“There is no sun without shadow, and it is essential to know the night.”

insidemyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:29 PM   #7
Whispered Secret

Did I ever tell you about Leia hun? We got her after she was in a car accident, and thought she was a kitten, but the vet said she was five by looking at her teeth!! Now every time I see her after coming back from uni she seems bigger, but she is still on the small side. I guess some cats just end up growing to be different sizes, just like humans.

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

Whispered Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2011, 12:52 AM   #8
Sleepless123

I am currently:

Hey im sorry im gonna be no use in answering your question but i love cats!i really hope your enjoying having him and that you will both be ok.

xx xx

i do not always manage to be around but i wish you all the very best - love and luck to you all!

Sleepless123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2011, 01:58 AM   #9
squirrelspit

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAnonymous View Post
Is your penis?

:O HOW RUDE!!!!

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2011, 06:55 PM   #10
RenewedHope
formerly: Ghosted Liberation & GhostsInSnow

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAnonymous View Post
Was your cat/kitten small and then grew a lot more after 10/11 months?
One of my cats was the runt of her litter. She's 15 years old in October and still looks like a kitten in terms of size and everything.
And my other cat has just gone 8 and she's only a tiny bit bigger.
Some cats just don't grow very big.
If you vet is happy with him then try not to worry too much :)

Last edited by RenewedHope : 14-07-2011 at 09:57 PM.
RenewedHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2011, 11:03 PM   #11
Dreaming.
You are free.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrelspit View Post
:O HOW RUDE!!!!
Yeah, you can't start a thread saying "how big?" without expecting it to turn into penis jokes. FACT.

Dreaming. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2011, 01:40 PM   #12
Rafiki

I am currently:

I have two cats - one's a big tomcat who was small when he was younger, when he was 11 months old he just grew & grew & people say he's the biggest cat they've ever seen! My other cat is female & black, & small for her age... it depends on the cat's bone structure, I reckon. Muffin (the fat cat, as we call him) is 11 years old now, & Ebony is 6.

Stray Kids fan.

Rafiki is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)