RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2010, 09:32 AM   #161
klo_flo
Head Supporter

I am currently:

Quote:
To an extent, I agree with that, but sometimes people are actually looking for advice rather than support, and a whole string of posts in their thread like 'I'm here for you' aren't helpful. I mean, I get that the thought's there, but yeah.
That doesn't sound bitter at all... it's an ongoing discussion and one of the reasons why your posts have to be a certain length now so someone can't just say *hugs*.

I know there are things about that help you reply to difficult threads... I know the Supporters have mentoring that helps them reply to challenging emails etc... and that's not because of the content, but sometimes people are so desperate/have thought of everything, it's hard to know what to say.

Have you seen the stickies on the Forums that are there to help? Would you like something new? Interesting thoughts guys.

It's also important to remember that we are a community and as such, we're not always going to get on and there will be teething problems along the way. You could liken RYL to the rest of the world... there are different countries, religions and cultures that make the world go round. Most of the time the *vast* majority of human kind get along... sometimes there are aruguments... but that rarely disrupts the WHOLE world (WW's excluded of course!).

RYL is and should always be a safe place people can come to with the underlying comfort of us all experiencing some sort of self-harm... in the broadest sense. It's really great to see that the recent replies here (I can't read them all!) are not giving up =)

Chloe

We don't get given patience but the opportunity to be patient.
Courage isn't handed to us, but we are given opportunities to be courageous.

klo_flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:00 AM   #162
Wakeful Dreamer.
Honourable mention.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by klo_flo View Post
It's also important to remember that we are a community and as such, we're not always going to get on and there will be teething problems along the way. You could liken RYL to the rest of the world... there are different countries, religions and cultures that make the world go round. Most of the time the *vast* majority of human kind get along... sometimes there are aruguments... but that rarely disrupts the WHOLE world (WW's excluded of course!).

RYL is and should always be a safe place people can come to with the underlying comfort of us all experiencing some sort of self-harm... in the broadest sense.
That's a really good way to put it. = ]

oh non-believer, please believe me.
is there honestly nothing in this world
that keeps you living & breathing?
you're a ghost in your own
goddamn city.

Wakeful Dreamer. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 05:23 PM   #163
Hannah Montana

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love_Lies_Bleeding View Post
To an extent, I agree with that, but sometimes people are actually looking for advice rather than support, and a whole string of posts in their thread like 'I'm here for you' aren't helpful. I mean, I get that the thought's there, but yeah.

Gosh, I sound so bitter, don't I? I'm not trying to pick on anyone or anything like that. It's just something I've noticed.
Nah you don't sound bitter. I hear what you're saying, but some threads can be really difficult to answer and in some cases there is little advice that can be given. If I see someone with no replies I'll try my best to write something because the last thing a person in distress needs it to feel ignored.

Hannah Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2010, 04:41 PM   #164
whirlpools

^ I agree with that. It's usually more helpful to receive advice to your threads, but when that can't be provided, for whatever reason, it's so much better for me personally to receive hugs, best wishes, just a sentence or two, than to receive nothing at all.

whirlpools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2010, 12:13 PM   #165
over the rainbow

I am currently:
to griddlebone

hi. i dont know if im posting on the right place, but i just wanna say a BIG thank you. i cant tell you how much your website helped me last night. my mind has been in a bad place the past few days. i self harmed last night and was feeling awful, but then i came on here and saw i had messages from my freinds and chatting to them helped SO much. it gave me hope just to keep trying so thank you loads.
keep up the good work!
lol hevs

over the rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)