RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 29-01-2008, 11:27 PM   #1
Spoons

I am currently:
Triggering (SI) - Enjoyment?

im not sure if that is the correct word but anyways.

I had stopped self harming for 7 months, however beginning of january i started cutting again. First time doing it in 7 months felt really good, i wasnt even disappointed id ruined 7 months. But now i seem to cut for the hell of it, even enjoying it sometimes, maybe because it just makes me feel so much better. It seems that i have only the benefits of it, the release and not worried about the state of my arms or whatever.

Does anyone else feel like this?

im numb most of the time, on so much medication im numb.
self harm i can feel, it releases feelings i didnt quite know i had.
Im not sure if any of this makes sense at all, anyone getting any of this?

We are not our failures...

Spoons is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 30-01-2008, 02:26 AM   #2
LANA

i can totally get where you are coming from hun..it does make sense and sometimes i just feel the need to cut just for the release and don't eve care about the consequences later*hugs* take care
lana
xoxo

Old 30-01-2008, 02:12 PM   #3
fallenangel1709
fallenangel1709

I am currently:

i get where your coming from. i do it sometimes just for the sheer adryninalin rush afterward and most of the time i feel no remorse
if you ever need to talk send me a message

SIGPIC]And when I'm gone, just carry on, don't mourn
Rejoice every time you hear the sound of my voice
Just know that I'm looking down on you smiling
And I didn't feel a thing, So baby don't feel my pain
Just smile back

if you ever need to talk send me a message at anytime

fallenangel1709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2008, 03:06 PM   #4
linder surprise
vs. elvis.

I am currently:

i can understand why it might make you feel that way. in some ways, pain could be seen as better than.. nothing.
but.
i think that there is a difference between "enjoyment" and simply.. (i don't know, i can't think of a word?). but what i mean, is that you're obviously getting yourself into a cycle of cutting, relief, numb, cutting, relief, etc.
and it's not healthy, but you have to consider like, how long do you think you can keep this up for? i think that with cutting, it's so easy to slip into it, and find the comfort in the pain, but it's not.. enough. and it never will be.
there are so many other ways out there that you can help yourself to feel better (even beyond the meds). you have to try & discover those things instead of doing something destructive to yourself, because there are consequences, and mostly, you're the only person that has to face them.
i'm sorry. i'm really bad at giving advice without sounding really really patronising. but hopefully you get the gist.
take careeee.x

take what you love
burn it down.

linder surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2008, 08:30 PM   #5
Spoons

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister linda. View Post
i can understand why it might make you feel that way. in some ways, pain could be seen as better than.. nothing.
but.
i think that there is a difference between "enjoyment" and simply.. (i don't know, i can't think of a word?). but what i mean, is that you're obviously getting yourself into a cycle of cutting, relief, numb, cutting, relief, etc.
and it's not healthy, but you have to consider like, how long do you think you can keep this up for? i think that with cutting, it's so easy to slip into it, and find the comfort in the pain, but it's not.. enough. and it never will be.
there are so many other ways out there that you can help yourself to feel better (even beyond the meds). you have to try & discover those things instead of doing something destructive to yourself, because there are consequences, and mostly, you're the only person that has to face them.
i'm sorry. i'm really bad at giving advice without sounding really really patronising. but hopefully you get the gist.
take careeee.x
No that was ace advice, thank you, made me think.

Thanks everyone for your imput :)

We are not our failures...

Spoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2008, 08:37 PM   #6
Douglass
FTW

I am currently:

even after I stopped feeling depressed, I enjoyed cutting for the pleasure of it. even now I am more likely to start cutting again because of the pleasure rather than a stressful situation.

Let me be the one you call
If you jump i'll break your fall
Lift you up and fly away with you into the night
If you need to fall apart
I can mend a broken heart
If you need to crash then crash and burn
YOU'RE NOT ALONE

Douglass is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)