RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 26-04-2017, 12:34 AM   #1
sdc828

I am currently:
Please Help!

I dont know what to do im not schizo i swear i just i keep hearing these voices telling me im just a waste of space and to just end it and make everyone elses lives better i just dont know what to do

sdc828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2017, 12:45 AM   #2
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

If you feel unsafe then go to a&e (or equivalent in your country). Do not drive either ask for someone to drive you there or phone for a ambulance.

Just a note that some people find the use of the term schizo offensive so please try to use the full word where possible.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2017, 12:51 AM   #3
sdc828

I am currently:
to not so insig

its not that i feel unsafe its that they wont go away and i just want them to go away i want to stop feeling this way i just dont want to deal with anything anymore

sdc828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2017, 12:57 AM   #4
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

Do you have any medication to take for situations like this? If so take it in accordance with your doctors instructions.

Otherwise take a look at the hearing voices network site which has useful coping strategies.

http://www.hearing-voices.org/resources/free-downloads/

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2017, 06:24 PM   #5
tamobhuuta

I get voices like that. I am on medication which they say will over time. Do you have any meds or a key worker you can talk to?

tamobhuuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2017, 03:51 AM   #6
Horizon

I am currently:

Regarding feeling unsafe: you may not feel unsafe, but wanting the voices to stop and what they are telling you falls under the "unsafe" category.

If you are currently under the care of any therapist, psychiatrist, or other mental heath professional, I would recommend reaching out to them and telling them your symptoms and what's going on. I would also echo the advice above regarding getting to the emergency room.

Do you have any friends or family you feel you can reach out to while this is going on so that you're not alone with the voices right now?

Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2017, 04:03 AM   #7
Straight 3

I am currently:

I have this same feelings/thoughts all the time. I'm also not (medically diagnosed with) schizophrenia either; I assume it my subconscious and intrusive thoughts. I try (not always successfully) to not give them credit and dismiss them and tell myself this. I actually say the word "dismiss" but at the time they feel very real. Also a hot shower seems to work sometime. Meditation might help as well.

I would get in touch with your doctor and make them aware of this.

Straight 3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)