Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 06-07-2007, 10:47 AM   #1
ickle-duckling
twisted logic

I am currently:
BMI/Numbers/Weight Triggers - having a wee panic, support appreciated

I feel a bit bad for making a thread when I haven't really been around much lately, but I'm having a bit of an angsty kind of panic.

I've been in South Africa for nearly 3 months now, and I'm going home on Sunday - I'm really scared, because over that time I think I've probably gained about a stone. I haven't really been aware of it because I haven't got scales or anything here but now I know what I've gained, I'm just having such a panic. I know if I can gain it, I can lose it - and a diet with no veg or fruit definitely doesn't help (I can't do anything about what we're fed here) but I'm just panicking so much, because I look fat and I feel fat and I AM fat, and I know that my mum will make loads of comments about it when I get home, and I'm really scared that I won't fit into my old clothes that I left behind. And I start back at work the day after I fly in, and I know it sounds really petty, but I don't know what to wear because I feel like I'm too fat for everything I own.

This sounds really petty and I'm sorry, but I'm just having a complete panic because after 3 months of relative body happiness (not calorie-counting, because SA food displays kilojoules not calories and I refused to allow myself to work out the conversion, and not weighing myself) I'm now weighing in at around the BMI 25 mark (I think - the only scales are in the gym, which I'm standing on wearing all my clothes and having drunk water etc). Not good not good not good! (My BMI was around 21.5 before I left.)

I just - I'm panicking, and I know that losing this weight will take time, and I just want it all gone right now!! *panic panic*

Any words of support gratefully appreciated.

Em x

change
everything you are
and everything you were

ickle-duckling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:02 AM   #2
oedipus
protege-moi, protege-moi

I am currently:

Sweetie theres not really much that i can say, but i'll give it a try anyway.
Do you honestly think you have gained - or is it just your mind playing tricks on you? Sometimes when you dont know the energy content or you cant weigh things seem much worse than they are, and your mind can convince you something completely untrue.
I hope it goes okay - i'm sure you will be fine! PM me :)
Alys
xxx

If only you'd ever speak to me
the way you once did
look at me the way you once did
pull to me the way you once did
but you don't
you don't feel anymore
you don't care anymore
it's all gone
it's all gone

oedipus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:07 AM   #3
ickle-duckling
twisted logic

I am currently:

I think I have gained judging by what the gym scales said - but I don't know what they are like compared to my ones at home, and I don't know what they'll say first thing in the morning post-pee, when I'm not wearing clothes/shoes.
Thanks anyway honey!
xo

change
everything you are
and everything you were

Old 06-07-2007, 11:42 AM   #4
howlie,
allons y

I am currently:

I dont know if it helps but you mentioned the gym, If you've been doing more ecxercise thaen think about it logically your going to have gained more muscle mass. And the most improtant thing to remeber is that musacles weigha lot morea than fat. DOnt worrry so much. I think that could be it.

you and i are going to have a love affair
and it won't work out but somewhere in the middle
god knows we tried

howlie, is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:57 AM   #5
nowhereman

I am currently:

I'm sure you're not fat and you will probably lose some weight once you get back to eating fruit and veg and jsut eating healthily. soryr I don't hvae any advice but try not get too stresssed over it. *hugs*

nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:49 AM   #6
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

*cuddles*
hun, i dont really know what to say right now.
but i've read your post and i really do care so much, im sure your no where near fat.
xx <3 helen

EyelinerAndCigarettes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:01 PM   #7
risenfromperdition
you are loved and beautiful :)

*cuddles*
remember, you've been doing loads of hockey eh? so that'd prob boost muscle mass.

im half asleep, i'll re-read this later *nod*

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

risenfromperdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:40 PM   #8
HopeRises

*huggles you* EMILY, Omg it's good to see you around. I've missed you.
I think, ok if you've gained, you've got a gorgous tan to show off and I'm thinking people will notice that more and want to hear about your adventures than worry and comment that you've put on weight. I'm sure you look gorg anyways sweetie.

and like you said, any excess weight will go if it needs to go when you get back to england and start eating a healthy balanced diet again.

Look after yourself sweetie.

Love Leighxxx

Life can be beautiful if you let it.
Step back, breathe and take it in

HopeRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:00 AM   #9
Camie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickle-duckling View Post
This sounds really petty and I'm sorry, but I'm just having a complete panic because after 3 months of relative body happiness (not calorie-counting, because SA food displays kilojoules not calories and I refused to allow myself to work out the conversion, and not weighing myself)
Take that home with you, Em. Just because you're going back home doesn't mean you have to go back to calorie counting. You were happy there without it so stay that way. You've got the clothes you've been wearing down there and you've got a perfect excuse to go shopping.

Don't let a number get you down, love. Take care.

Camie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 05:02 PM   #10
ickle-duckling
twisted logic

I am currently:

Thank you guys :)

As I predicted/worried, half my work clothes (mainly trousers and such) don't actually fit me any more - but I've got a couple of things to last me out this week and some of next, and I'm hoping that with lots of fruit and veg and drinking plenty of water (a bit of a detox really) I might sort myself out. I don't really want to go back to unhealthy ways, and after a (bit of an unwilling) chat with my mum about it I think she's going to help me plan my meals and stuff ...

Ta for all your support - it's been really appreciated *hugs*
xox

change
everything you are
and everything you were

Old 09-07-2007, 05:05 PM   #11
craola
Clouds In My Coffee.

I am currently:

I dont really have anything helpful to say, but EMILY!!!!!!!!!!
I've missed you <3

craola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:09 PM   #12
behindblueyes
Will gladly climb your walls if u meet me halfway

I am currently:

I wish i had more to add but everyone has already said it
I have missed seeing you around though Emily!
And I dont care how much you weigh... you are absolutely gorgeous no matter what in my eyes.
Take good care of yourself okay/
*hugs and cuddles*
x Kate

behindblueyes is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)