Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 18-01-2008, 06:31 PM   #1
WelshWitch79

I am currently:
To people who hear voices

I hear voices and have done so for about 2 years or so. Just wondered from fellow peeps who hear voices too- my voices sound like there is a person talking to me, or is coughing,making sounds by me. Its really freaky. Some people say that hearing voices is like in your head,voices from no where in your head as opposed to your own voice in your head.
Mine are not like that, they are like someone actually talking to me,same as you would hear anyone talk to you.
Told hubby its like someone else is in house and is speaking to me and only I can hear. its like there is another person there and i can hear the voices through my ears like you do. can easily distinguish from male and female too, although not all the time., It doesnt even seem like Im in a dreaming state, like ive just woken up etc, when you can get voices whispering in your ear as you come out of a dream state. Tend to get them when I least expect and when I am fully awake. Get scared, and I think someones in my house with my hubby and I.. They are sooo real. Anyone elses voices like this? Hope Im not alone.
xx

Last edited by WelshWitch79 : 18-01-2008 at 06:41 PM.

WelshWitch79

WelshWitch79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008, 07:58 PM   #2
Ami
Perfectly Flawed

I am currently:

someone talks to me in my head.. if that makes sense.

*hugs*

there a people about who can probabaly empathise better, with voices and such, but take care hun xxx

I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.

Ami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008, 08:33 PM   #3
numb
No-looking-back

I am currently:

I hear voices to, but mine are inside my head which is why my social worker says that they are thoughts (what does she know) I have really fallen out with her, I dont know why she cant just accept that im hearing voices! I should really take my medication too. I feel for you i really do.

Take care, if you need to talk feel free to PM me XX

numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008, 08:36 PM   #4
*Uv_ragdoll*(Shelley)

I hear a spirit all the time have done for a few years now, it sound like there is someone else in the room having a conversation with me just like yours. I find takling and singing helps or listenin to music throuh headphones. PM me if you ever wanna talk. x

Breathe......... keep breathing

*Uv_ragdoll*(Shelley) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2008, 10:15 PM   #5
Jelly Head

I am currently:

I hear voices just like you. Like someones in the room with me... then again, i get voices in my head too =/
Your definately not alone hun.
Take care .xx

Hugs Heal :)

Jelly Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2008, 12:40 AM   #6
Psychedelic Doodle Pop

I used to just have voices in my head, but since my Dad died I've heard noises and voices outside my head, through my ears, like you do. It's very hard to work out whether they're real or not, if you get me, like, it took me about three weeks before I realised other people couldn't hear them. It's really weird.

I don't have much advice except with music, sometimes listening to it in just one ear and repeating back the lyrics can hel pdivert the brain waves that cause them.

I find it very confusing because surely to hear things there must be soundwaves. When I just heard voices in my head my psych told me it was thoughts that are recognised as voices, but now the stuff I hear don't follow thought patterns at all, sometimes it's just breathing or screaming or random words, or people talking but I can't hear what they're saying.

Sorry to go on, just know you're not alone.

Old 19-01-2008, 06:50 PM   #7
shadowedseraph

I am currently:

I don't really have much to say that hasn't been said, just to let you know that you arent alone, i hear voices like they're in the room with me, normally standing just behind me. take care

shadowedseraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2008, 06:00 PM   #8
Spoons

I am currently:

Have you tried medication to control them? mine are managed through medication.

We are not our failures...

Spoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2008, 01:56 PM   #9
WelshWitch79

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Rain View Post
I used to just have voices in my head, but since my Dad died I've heard noises and voices outside my head, through my ears, like you do. It's very hard to work out whether they're real or not, if you get me, like, it took me about three weeks before I realised other people couldn't hear them. It's really weird.

I don't have much advice except with music, sometimes listening to it in just one ear and repeating back the lyrics can hel pdivert the brain waves that cause them.

I find it very confusing because surely to hear things there must be soundwaves. When I just heard voices in my head my psych told me it was thoughts that are recognised as voices, but now the stuff I hear don't follow thought patterns at all, sometimes it's just breathing or screaming or random words, or people talking but I can't hear what they're saying.

Sorry to go on, just know you're not alone.
Your not going on at all.Its great to hear that we all have the same thing.
Yes rationally I question that how can you hear a voice without soundwaves being present? and I hear things that I am not actually thinking about. Weird! like you do. I would understand that it would be something I was thinking. I read however on a forum that these type of voices are like a waking dream. We are awake yet we are not. I guess our brains are quite complex organs. We are not conciously aware that we are generating them and to us they are like another person present with us, esp when thay say things we arent thinking.
I do get voices in my head too, but this is more to do with actually hearing voices, like another person present talking to you.
Anyone get voices when all is quiet - like whispery voices but you cant understand what is said? I can sort of pick them out of normal white noise- hubbys computer prob is responsible.The git! lol
xx

WelshWitch79

Old 21-01-2008, 03:19 PM   #10
Benjibum
Resident pretentious lit student

I am currently:

Freakiest thing EVER!!!! I have a phobia of static- i cant even listen to a radio because static scares me so much... thats when i hear whispers that I cant understand... mostly i get people calling my name constantly, causing me to turn around about twenty times a minute and look kwaaazy. that and when i wake up the guy with his mouth stitched shut screaming in my face... cant my voices ever be friendly???

that raises another question! is anyones voices friendly? my internal ones can be, normally to lure me into doing something I dont want to...

I should probably be on meds or something, but what if they go away? yeah they are scary, but they are interesting... and what if the are all that is keeping me from feeling lonelyy?

Benjibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2008, 03:43 PM   #11
WelshWitch79

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjibum View Post
Freakiest thing EVER!!!! I have a phobia of static- i cant even listen to a radio because static scares me so much... thats when i hear whispers that I cant understand... mostly i get people calling my name constantly, causing me to turn around about twenty times a minute and look kwaaazy. that and when i wake up the guy with his mouth stitched shut screaming in my face... cant my voices ever be friendly???

that raises another question! is anyones voices friendly? my internal ones can be, normally to lure me into doing something I dont want to...

I should probably be on meds or something, but what if they go away? yeah they are scary, but they are interesting... and what if the are all that is keeping me from feeling lonelyy?
lol Thought I was the only person will a freaky, yet irrational fear. Please read my post phobias triggering schizophrenia.
I get that with normal white noise.
Some of my voices are nasty, have had a couple saying things like good luck. Had a weird one when dozing off that was " just type would you" - a man saying. Mainly hear Im going to die, and my name.My internal voices are a mixture of nice and nasty but I can control them unlike the auditory hallucinations.

WelshWitch79

Old 21-01-2008, 05:17 PM   #12
hellbunny
How long do i have left?

I am currently:

mostly i get voices from outside my head and i get the feeling they dont really like me because they always shout abuse at me which is not always gud (its specially bad in exams or quite place which is not the best places)

then other times not as much, its like i have 2 voices arguing over me like one ordering me to do bad stuff then the other normal sticks up for me but other day statred ordering me too.

they can really sare me sometimes
hugs x

Vision is the art of seeing things invisible to others

Don't ever stop dreaming your dreams

Your potential is unlimited!

hellbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2008, 08:32 PM   #13
Phoebo
formally effluo_animus

I am currently:

i hear voices usually they command me to do things or it will be someone calling my name but no one has actually called me

mine is to do with my bpd but its really scary when you realise no one else can hear them

Phoebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2008, 06:53 PM   #14
broken-soul
I am so in love with my gf

I am currently:

i hear voices all the time outside my head as if some1 i nxt to me there not nice
i also go into a trance then when i come out of it i find i have been talkin to myself that happened in maths once apparently i was talkin bout burnin the school down lol

Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry?
{Its my life Im the one has to die when its my time so let me live it my way!}

{If anyone needs to talk im here to listen! }

{Why is society more comfortable with two men holding guns rather than holding hands?}

{How can you break something that is already broken?}
{We are all vampires!}

broken-soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2008, 10:20 PM   #15
AdamLeliel

I am currently:

Hmm, occasionally it's the odd shouted thing but mainly it's inside my head. But it's definitely distinguishable from my own thoughts.

- Adam

Hail Horror Hail.

Strychnine in your minds.
No hope for today, they burnt out tomorrow.

AdamLeliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2008, 10:28 PM   #16
Zedebee
It's okay not to be okay

I am currently:

Um. I hear stuff outside my head too. Like, mostly loud breathing. Sometimes whisperings when nobody else is around. I understand how scary it can be as it can keep me up at night *hugs*

The only time you will find real light is when you're searching in the dark..

Zedebee is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)