Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 02-08-2012, 11:44 AM   #1
amyroxanne

Research Requiring Parents to complete Short Survey

Hello all.

My name is Amy I am conducting research into parents' perception of self-harm in young people, in the hopes to produce education material to support parents and teenagers facing these issues.

I am looking for parents with a child aged 12-25 to complete an online survey assessing levels of general well-being, attachment to child and attitudes towards self-injury. It will also ask level of familiarity with self-injury. It should take no longer than 15 minutes.

If you are in a position where your parent knows about your self-injury and you are able to and feel comfortable, please pass the following link onto them. It would greatly help with my research. The study is also be advertised on facebook if you're not willing to disclose about RYL.

Alternatively if you are a parent of a self-harming young person please consider filling the following survey out. More information regarding the survey can be found on the Plain Language Statement by following the links below.

Participation is completely voluntary and anonymous; no identifiable data will be collected.

http://www.deakin.edu.au/psychology/...h/amycorcoran/

This research has been granted approval by the Human Ethics Department at Deakin University, and permission has been granted by the Moderators to post this message.

Please feel free to pass this survey link on to anybody eligible who you feel may be interested in contributing.

Thank you for your time

Amy

PS. If you or your parent need to contact someone to debrief, alongside the details listed for a more thorough list of helpline please visit http://www.befrienders.org/support/helplines.asp

Last edited by amyroxanne : 03-08-2012 at 07:59 AM.
amyroxanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #2
PassedExpectations
a mirror that reflects it

I am currently:

i'll bring this up with my mom and see if she'll do it :)

this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

The magical part: They NEVER run out, so borrow some any time you want.

PM me anytime, I love getting messages :)
Katie

PassedExpectations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #3
amyroxanne

Thank you so much :)

Every single response goes a great way to helping my research, and education of parents about self-harm. And I'm very grateful!

Amy

Old 05-08-2012, 11:20 PM   #4
Meganrose

Have sent the link to my dad, she's interested in psychology so she may well fill it out! :)
Edit: My dad indeed did just do it!

Last edited by Meganrose : 06-08-2012 at 01:02 AM.
Meganrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #5
amyroxanne

Hey Meganrose,

Thank you so much! I appreciate it greatly :)

The support from here and people passing it on to those interested means a lot to me, so thank you very very much!

Amy x

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)