Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 30-03-2012, 07:04 PM   #21
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

I dont know what to say other than good luck.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

Please do not pm me without permission as I find getting PMs very stressful.

not_so_insig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 11:25 PM   #22
Cedrus

I am currently:

Hey Liddy,

Sorry I haven’t phoned for a while, I will try and give you a call over the weekend! Looks like my public transport training scheme has been reinitiated! I will try my damndest to get up and visit you while your IP. I was at the roehampton myself a while back and Richmond park is just down the road so when you’re further on in your treatment and allowed out maybe we can go there?

I hope you embrace the help that is being offered and fight the side of you that wants to ruin you and your body. This is a really good chance to make progress and changes and I hope you will be able to use the help available. You are strong enough to get better; I believe that wholeheartedly, direct you're energy into that and positive choices. This is an arena to practice living without self harm. Talk, talk and talk some more, they are there to help you. Thinking of you.

Love to you,
Ree x x x

Last edited by Cedrus : 31-03-2012 at 06:59 AM.

sticks and stones may break your bones but words can tear your heart out.

Cedrus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 10:05 AM   #23
Cbear

I am currently:

Just wanted to say good luck and I hope it helps you. Clare

Cbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 01:37 PM   #24
Leni

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragile as glass View Post
Happy Bloody Birthday to me. I didn't want to celebrate it anyway. Excuse me wallowing in self pity but I look over my life and see little to celebrate.
How about celebrating your new start? I'm sure this is probably going to be incredibly tough, but you could use your birthday to put the past firmly in its place, and focus on where you want to get to. Celebrate the new life you're going to create for yourself while you're there. I don't know you but I sincerely wish you the best of luck.

And the illusion of love is the only promise of defence, and even that will crumble.

Leni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 07:20 PM   #25
fragile as glass
such a beautiful disaster

I am currently:

Thanks for all good wishes of support.

I just want to say it won't be as easy as people may think.

Love xx

GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CANNOT CHANGE
THE COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS I CAN
AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE

Don't let the sphincter's get you down

fragile as glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 07:48 PM   #26
BridgesAndBalloons
A Thimblesworth of Milky Moon

I can't imagine it would be easy, I think any sort of therapy can be difficult, but then adding into that being in a hospital environment and not being allowed to visit home for so long would make it more difficult.

But I think a lot of the really worth while things in life (like improving your mental health) require effort but are well worth the effort that you put in. I hope you can manage to stay as safe as possible until you're there, is there anyone around to support you until Monday comes?

BridgesAndBalloons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:58 AM   #27
Cryptic.
If at first you don't succeed, try try try again.

I am currently:

Oh Liddy, I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner.

I'm so, so proud of you for going to this unit. It sounds like a really good unit to go to, try to take comfort in the fact that you are extremely loved here and elsewhere, and we are here every step of the way.

Remember that what happens in that unit is because it's for your own best interests and for your safety and well being. So, when you feel like they're being bitches or twats for not letting you have x, or doing y, etc etc, it's for your own good, it's to help you.
[Most likely in relation to your self harming, such as not letting you have blades, locking your room, being with someone 24 7, maybe being searched, etc.]

It's probably going to be extremely difficult for quite a while, esp with your self harming, in the sense of not being able to self harm, so it's probably going to feel, well, like hell.

The urges may feel so so strong, and really hard to resist, especially as you've been doing it for so long, it probably feels like it's your identity, or that it's impossible to stop, you probably know this from past experiences when going without self harm, but just remember you are SO much more stronger than self harm.

Self harm will probably always be a PART of you, but it isn't you. Not at all. It's controlling you right now, but you can control it. You've got that strength. Find it, Liddy, and use it. Use it with all your might. You've got it in you. You really do.

The impossible, is possible. If you feel it's impossible to be without self harm, it's not. Try to believe in that. Try telling yourself positive affirmations and positive things each day, stick them everywhere to remind yourself of them, may help? Up to you, lovely.

Of course we know it won't be as easy as it sounds, no, in fact, it sounds very brave but yet we are aware of how difficult it's going to be for you.

You always inspire me, Liddy. Always. You've never stopped surprising me. You may very well surprise yourself in treatment with how amazing you're going to be! How strong you are, and will be. How you will beat this. You will come out the other side, so much more freer, happier, healthier in your mind and body, stronger, in general, more stable hopefully!

Although maybe you won't be completely free from your illnesses/disorders/symptoms, but hopefully you'll be so, so much better off!

Maybe you'll think your life will be worth living again. I sometimes get the feeling from you that you think your life is worthless. Pointless. Blundering through this place, through your life, in this mist of fog, and you're utterly lost and hopeless, helpless.

Maybe you'll realize that life is worth living, that YOUR life is worth living, that you CAN do this, you don't have to feel like (your) life is worthless/pointless anymore, you'll think that your life can get somewhere, that you can achieve so much, and give so much to this world, that you're worth it.
[You truly are worth it, my dear.]

Hopefully, maybe, you will see that you do want to live and realize you have what it takes to live a much better, stabler life, and that you deserve to/it.

I sound so cliche & like I'm preaching here!

I just want you to know that you really are worth it, and your life really is worth fighting for, and living.

You won't have to feel like you're just merely existing anymore, or that self harm is all there is, that it won't control/dictate your life anymore, you can feel like you truly are living again & hopefully you can be free.

So much good can come from this.

It's going to be so hard though, but I believe in you. We all do.

It's worth it, Liddy. It's so worth it.
YOU are so worth it.

Remember that, sweetie.

I love you so much & I am SO proud of you.

Keep us updated, yeah?
Text/call anytime, and if it's okay, may I send you mail?

xxxxxx
Lots of love, strength, pixie dust, sparkles, rainbows & hope.
<3<3<3

In a world where you can be anything, be yourself.

Cryptic. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:02 AM   #28
Sleepless123

I am currently:

Hey Lyddie

Sorry ive not been about to see this sooner and im really sorry things are so so hard right now but i really hope the unit helps.It will be difficult but hopefully it will be so worth it too.i know you probably cant update right now but i just wanted to reply to let you know im thinking of you and that im sending you my best wishes and much love and strength for when you are able to see it.

Try and keep strong.Things can get better and you deserve it so much.You deserve so much more than all youve had thrown at you and that youve had to deal with in life.

i know we havent spoken great amounts but i do read and care - a lot.

Best wishes.

xx

i do not always manage to be around but i wish you all the very best - love and luck to you all!

Sleepless123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 01:25 AM   #29
pixiedust_11

I am currently:

Sending all my love and best wishes your way xxx

Do not be dismayed by the brokenness of the world. All things can be mended. Not with time, as they say, but with intention. So go. Love intentionally, extravagantly, unconditionally. The broken world awaits in darkness for the light that is you.

pixiedust_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 04:26 AM   #30
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

Hi Lyddie. Thinking of you and hoping you are settling in ok *leaves some hugs*

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 11:01 AM   #31
youonlyliveonce

hope it goes ok chick hope you can make the most out of it :) xxx

Old 15-04-2012, 02:47 PM   #32
fragile as glass

I am currently:

I am genuinely touched by the amount of people who took the time to write on this thread. So, thank you very much.

I thought you might be interested in an update so here goes...

I have been here for 2 weeks now and have been the only patient on this unit so far. I don't mind, to be honest I prefer it. I can use private questions, answers or statements which I would have to tone down/edit when another person comes.There is another patient due but I *think* she's been held up due to money/funding.

Yes another person will bring a fresh dynamic to the group but certain things we do now (have meds brought to me etc) would have to stop!

Week one was settling in, meeting the staff, and making my room as homely as possible along with the odd group. Last week was a four day week (due to the bank holiday)which was great as it was officially the launch of the new programme!!!!

I've realised that I am my own worst enemy.Ithink no-ones loves me or likes me and I don't love or like myself. I've been screwed up in the head for a few months now and making assumptions about others and how they see/hear/read me. At least I have 11 1/2 months (!)to work on my sh*t and get my act together and If RYL wants me to/will accept me back return after having a squeaky clean, no nonsense but loving lass to somebody that even I don't know. Empty, not thinking before I speak/write and making judgements...I don't wanna be that girl anymore.

Love to anyone who would like some from me as we as lots of hugs.

Liddy xxxx

Old 15-04-2012, 02:54 PM   #33
Tig

Aw Liddy, your update made me smile so much!
You deserve so much to get well & to kick those demons down!
Go Liddy.
Love you xxx

Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #34
fragile as glass

I am currently:

Thanks Lottie x

The days are long, my bloods came back dodgy but they are sorting it out. I like my psychologist/therapist very much.

I had 2 really bad self harm incidents since being here and I'm not pissing around when I say that being found by the staff saved my life. They still have all the nurse calls in our rooms to be fitted so I have a doorbell(!!) that I keep by my bed (it's portable and the speaker is in the office the) as for the new nurse calls, crikey you couldn't miss them! Anyhow I'm in alot of pain these days due to self harm but I know thats a consequence of my actions *shrugs* It dont make it easier to reduce or give up but I did it so I just have to suck it up as they say

xxxx

Old 15-04-2012, 09:53 PM   #35
Tig

I'm glad you like the psychologist and the therapy.

Sorry to hear about the self harm incidents. They sound very frightening and I'm glad that the staff were there to save your life.
Seems a genius idea to have a doorbell for now, hehe, love it!

I know that the pain may be a consequence of your actions but you didn't take those actions likely and it doesn't mean you deserve the pain. I hope that in time you will find a way to manage the pain and that the pain will ultimately reduce.

If you are allowed letters and want me to write, (well type I'm afraid!), I'm more than happy to send you silly stuff :) In a silly sense, not a dodgy sense!!

xxx

Old 19-04-2012, 02:53 PM   #36
fragile as glass

I am currently:

Thanks! Without you I would have put a post up for nothing! I appreciate your responses and I have PM'ed you my address a few days ago.

The ''new girl'' arrives today, she's not here yet. I am worried. Will she muddy the waters? Make everything about her? Or will she turn out to be a really good friend?

It's ward round today but I have so much to say and so little time to say it in. I had 5 things and I had to knock it down to 2, leaving that for this week but I have 3 for today already. That makes 6 altogether..... Hmm, I'm gonna have to talk fast!

Hope you're ok lovey,

Huggles

Liddy xx

Old 19-04-2012, 02:59 PM   #37
Gone.

I've been following this thread, Liddy, and it's good to hear that things are going okay and the staff are being lovely. I hope that meeting the new person goes well today. In time, I'm sure you'll come to really get on and trust each other. Hopefully you'll be able to help one another.

Take care of yourself.

Left.

Gone. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 03:17 PM   #38
UnanimousAnonymous

I am currently:

hey Liddy, im sorry i only just saw this. im really proud of you for doing this and working hard.
dont worry about the new patient, i know its hard but you need to carry on focusing on you and your treatment.
im sorry i have very little to say at the moment but im reading and i care.
Take care of yourself, pm me any time.

Gemz xx

UnanimousAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #39
Tig

I hope it goes well with the new girl. I am sure it won't become focused all on her - the staff will be aware of the difficulties that could arise with this, and I also doubt the girl would want that. I know that I would feel really uncomfortable if I went to a unit and it suddenly all became about me. Fingers crossed that she will turn out to be a great friend to you and you can support one and other in a positive manner :)

I hope ward round went okay too. It is frustrating the limited time we have!

I didn't get your PM so I will PM you now

xxx

Old 19-04-2012, 03:51 PM   #40
fragile as glass

I am currently:

OH MY GOD.

I HAVE NOT SEEN HER YET BUT I'VE HEARD HER!! Geez, just when I thought things were going ok!!!!

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)