Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 04-04-2008, 10:02 PM   #1
xfallenangelx
sarah

I am currently:
laxatives

can anyone tell me if there are dangers of long term laxative use?
xxx

[center]
" I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside."

xfallenangelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:41 PM   #2
x-dying-inside-x
*Dan*

I am currently:

yes there is.
your bowels can stop working with the use of laxatives.
you can get dehydrated.
i hope your ok hunny.
xxx

" my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never, never leave you during your times of trials and suffering. When you see only one set of footprints it was then that I carried you" you were carried out of are lifes into the next and when its my time to leave this life I know i will be carried into the next life with you.
I wish i had my world complete again.
'Can we protend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars, i could really use a wish right now' BoB

x-dying-inside-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:45 PM   #3
-Tough-Cookie-
Life is a contradiction at times - as am I

I am currently:

YES

i landed myself in hospital for a week in agony, and i mean AGONY with bowel problems. they tested me for everything an turns out its 'just' damage from my ED time. So yeah it was bad and to much info but i lost ALOT of blood out of my bowel

DONT DO IT

“Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.”
----
----

-Tough-Cookie- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:48 PM   #4
risenfromperdition
you are loved and beautiful :)

yes there def are
avoid them at all costs...
tehy're so not worth it... and addicting to boot.
take care love

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

risenfromperdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:51 PM   #5
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

ohh yes there are!
dont do it angel, there arent worth it, nothing is.

EyelinerAndCigarettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:52 PM   #6
risenfromperdition

"Laxatives
Pills or liquid, herbal or otherwise, laxative abuse is a common form of "weight control" in people suffering with Eating Disorders. The use of laxatives as a way to lose or control weight is not only dangerous, but irrational. The actual purpose of taking a laxative is to stimulate the large bowel to empty, which occurs only after the food and it's calories for energy have been absorbed through the small intestines. Essentially, a person taking laxatives to control weight is only going to cause their body to lose fluid, which can potentionally be followed by periods of water retention and an appearance of bloating (causing the sufferer to want to lose more weight and ingest more laxatives). The reason people suffering from eating disorders seem to lose weight while taking laxatives is because in most cases they are increasingly watching calorie intake and restricting food consumption, inducing vomiting, and/or compulsively exercising.
Continued laxative use can cause bloating, cramping, dehydration, electrolyte disturbances and imbalances, cardiac arrhythmias, irregular heart beat and heart attack, renal problems, and death.
Phenolphthalein, a popular ingredient previously found in many brands of laxatives has now been recalled by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration, United States) due to studies indicating that it has been linked to cancer.
Withdrawal symptoms can be expected in stopping the use of laxatives after a continued period of using them as a "weight loss" method. These include, abdominal cramping, mild to severe constipation, bloating, mood swings and general feelings of fatigue and "feeling sick." In less severe cases the symptoms will usually subside in about 2 weeks, but in cases where a person have ingested handfuls or more laxatives on a regular basis, it may take longer and require medical assistance." <http://www.something-fishy.org/dangers/methods.php>

take care lovie

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

Old 05-04-2008, 12:09 AM   #7
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

^^ thanks for that heather, i love you <3

EyelinerAndCigarettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 01:46 AM   #8
ems

I am currently:

yeh... nasty nasty very dangerous effects.... please ... if you haven't already... dont start... i so regret it. I'm completely addicted to them, utterly ashamed of it and it's groce. Have been on them for large parts of the past.. year and a half (being in hosp stopped me cos didn't have anyway of getting them!!) Causes serious bowel damage, can cause paralysis of the bowel, severe electrolyte imbalances, which can cause heart attacks.
I never thought of myself as a drug addict... i've never even tried anything illegal!! guess i'm just addicted to legal drugs... but yeh. It's nasty.

~~I'm FINE...on the outside~~
~~Beneath the surface lies a shattered heart and an exhausted soul, simply longing... just longing to be whole~~

ems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:04 PM   #9
numb
No-looking-back

I am currently:

Dont do it, i became really ill from them, they really messed me up. it wasnt nice, xx

numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:10 PM   #10
xfallenangelx
sarah

I am currently:

thank you for all of your replies
xxx

[center]
" I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside."

xfallenangelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 01:28 AM   #11
risenfromperdition

no problem dearie, take care eh?
<3

Old 06-04-2008, 10:33 AM   #12
random.swirls
Head forum moderator

I am currently:

EVIL that is the one word I would use to describe laxatives!

I was not a heavy user of laxatives but I did abuse them on and off for a couple of years.

I havent touched them in 5 years and the last time I properly abused them was nearer ten years ago yet I still have ill effects from them. I suffer from IBS - getting agonising stomach cramps, constipation and so on and it is likely that I will have it for the rest of my life.

Stay well clear of them

xoxox

When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball

random.swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 05:25 AM   #13
Aamanee
one of many

I am currently:

please dont take them i now have bowel problems and stomack problems from abuseing laxtives

there not worth it

Ella x

:rockingcry:
LOST
SOULS

Aamanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 03:19 PM   #14
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

the cramps and pain u go thru with laxatives is not worth it.
its no fun having to stay in cuz ur scare in case u cant get to the toilet fast enough when out.
the smell is rrevolting.
worst of all is when u lose control of your bowels.
u may wake up covered in your own excretion.
u may not make it to the toilet in time.
pass some wind and u could be embarrassed for life when ur bowels relax and let diahorrea run at the same time/

laxatives seem a great idea....they are not .

Some days are still hard but they make the good days seem all the better :)

88shelz is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)