Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 25-07-2012, 06:52 AM   #1
iDigress

I am currently:
How to get give up the blades

So, here's the big question that's been on my mind lately: How do I go about giving up the blades that I used to self harm with? I'm not sure really why I've kept them for so long. They used to comfort me to keep, but that feeling has passed and now I'm thinking about pitching them. I'm thinking about either just throwing them away or burying them or something. My mom has been pestering for me to give them to her, but I don't want her to have them, don't really know why. I'm just wondering how to build up enough courage to get rid of them. I've had them for about two years, and I know that it's bad for me to keep them. Urgh. How did you first go about getting rid of your blades? What did you do with them? How did it make you feel? Thank you for reading and answering my questions.

iDigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2012, 07:30 AM   #2
PaleMoon

I am currently:

It's a big step to get rid of your blades. Well done on doing something so huge and powerful! :).

I currently keep my tools around, but I have gotten rid of them before. It was definitely scary and a little sad--like I was saying goodbye to an old friend. However, it was freeing not to have to worry about my family discovering/moving them. Also the temptation to self-harm is greatly reduced, simply by not having tools around. It breaks the cycle of self-harming because they're there and feeling guilty about it later.

The healthcare professional in me says that ideally, sharp objects contaminated by blood should be disposed of in a Biohazard container. However, that's probably not an option for you. If your blades have no cover or cap, securely wrapping them in an old towel (and taping it tightly shut) should help protect other people from being accidentally cut by them when you throw them out. Then just put them in a trash can, away from your house if you need to. In addition, it will make the process more final.

Good luck, and let me know how it goes!

My name is Matt, and I am a boy. Feel free to PM me :)

I have learned that the world is not a safe place. Not at all. But there are so many people who love me and want to keep me safe. And that is enough.

PaleMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2012, 08:17 AM   #3
lilmissjay
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On

I am currently:

What I did when I started the process of getting rid of them for good was by putting them in a place in the house that I don't really spend a lot of time in so that I had that distance then I would throw them away in my trash can in my room and leave it there for a few days to a week until I got up the courage to just throw them away completely.

I really do think it is great that you are wanting to get rid of them for good. :)

lilmissjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2012, 12:01 PM   #4
perola
Maggie

I am currently:

A friend of mine told me to give him the blades, that he would throw them away. And I did. It was very hard, but the very next day we met, and I gave it to them. Ever since, I have not sh. I'm 5 months free.

perola is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)