Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 07-12-2010, 10:56 PM   #4341
bishy barnaby
Te Amo

I am currently:

hey everyone,

not been on in a few days - been taking some time out to focus on my uni work. I've been stressed lately and am looking for some prayer I guess. I am good with God but everything else is stressing me out. I'm angry all the time and I don't know why. Everything anyone says pee's me off and I want to punch something/someone all the time.

Please pray for peace,
thanks
Ami

bishy barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:17 AM   #4342
needle girl
in this needle and haystack life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by outhere View Post
hey everyone,

not been on in a few days - been taking some time out to focus on my uni work. I've been stressed lately and am looking for some prayer I guess. I am good with God but everything else is stressing me out. I'm angry all the time and I don't know why. Everything anyone says pee's me off and I want to punch something/someone all the time.

Please pray for peace,
thanks
Ami
Anger is related to depression...in fact, a lot of teenagers have more anger than depressed feelings. That may or may not be why for you, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfectionsrme View Post
well... i find that it is easier for me to talk about it if i just write about it...instead of saying it out loud...
and yeah, i do the same thing... plan out what i want to say and all... but it never comes out...

i find that i am more comfortable with the youth sunday school teacher and his wife (who i am really close friends with) and the pastor and his wife... but it's so hard to talk about things when i'm afraid that if i say the wrong thing, they will take it to be more serious than it actually is and go tell my parents or my aunt... and that keeps me from being open and honest about it...
I'm able to clarify my thoughts through writing much better too. I used to journal a lot. Not a traditional diary, but more of a very honest letters to God thing. Yeah, you do need to be able to trust whoever you tell. Idk, it's a hard balance. In a way I do wish that my pastor or leader had approached me and discussed the idea of telling my parents together...they still don't know. But in the end we all need someone to talk to whom we know won't go telling other people about what we said. Just remember you're not alone. There are people all over the world struggling with SI, depression, etc. And everyone struggles with something. Idk what you're church is like, but it could be that other people have already talked to the pastors/leaders about something like this and are more ready to deal with than you realize.

Every day the world is made a chance to change but i feel the same.
And I wonder why would i wait till i die to come alive?"
All alone the way she feels
Left alone to deal with all the pain-drenched sorrow relief

needle girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:33 AM   #4343
bishy barnaby
Te Amo

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by teardownoldwalls View Post
Anger is related to depression...in fact, a lot of teenagers have more anger than depressed feelings. That may or may not be why for you, of course.
I have had depression for 5 years, and it's probably at it's worst point atm. I know this is a factor in why I am angry, I just want some answers too. I'm sick of feeling like this and not being able to explain it

bishy barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:53 AM   #4344
shieldworld
Kat

I am currently:

Hi guys, can't really talk right now because I'm in a cluster with some of my friends (who don't know) but prayers would be really appreciated right now. Arguing with my boyfriend because depression means I have very little romantic interest in him, and he doesn't understand.

Psychology, NCL, 2010.

shieldworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:40 PM   #4345
shieldworld
Kat

I am currently:

May have slipped up. majorly. am drunk, even though bbible fordbds it. cut., even thoug bible says shoudlnt
stiupid christian.
sdory sguyus.

Psychology, NCL, 2010.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:02 PM   #4346
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I'm sorry to hear that, Kat. How are you now?

I think i've asked this before but what do you wear to church?

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:18 PM   #4347
tamobhuuta

I am currently:

try not to be down on yourself Kat. would you liek to talk?

Lindsay - depends on the individual church really. at our church most anything goes. my dad would say for a girl: shoulders covered, cleavage covered, no miniskirts - that kind of thing. but a fair number of women at your average sunday mass don't agree! i'd say, nothing outrageous, nothing that's too revealing and going to make people there uncomfortable. if this is for the bereavement service you might want to go more smart, more plain, but not necessarily. my rule is: wear what you're comfortable in, within the norms of the local area, so long as it won't give the priest a heart attack.

with Christ I hang upon the cross

tamobhuuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:05 AM   #4348
shieldworld
Kat

I am currently:

Sorry about before guys, really wasn't feeling the whole 'life' thing.

Psychology, NCL, 2010.

Old 09-12-2010, 02:10 AM   #4349
Looking4Hope
I want to exorcise the deamons from your past...

I am currently:

Hi there... I'm Erin...But I normally go by Jack as a nickname. Which is a really long story, Anyway, I've been a christian since I was nine years old (serious about faith). Lately I've been kinda distant from all that. Mainly cause I'm kinda angry at God.
I have been SI'ing for a bit more that two years now.
I promise to help you as best I can and to never purposefully judge you.
~Jack

~Delancey

Please note that I don't use this account anymore. My account is now: backafterthebridge if you need me. Stay safe!

Looking4Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:33 AM   #4350
tamobhuuta

I am currently:

how are you now Kat?

and welcome Jack. good to have you here :)

Old 09-12-2010, 04:38 PM   #4351
USSRangel85

I am currently:

nice to see Christians here - HI TO ALL - been a practising Christian for almost 6 years, Eastern Orthodox Christian to be exact.

will have my 12 months without SI on the 1 of January... waiting:)

USSRangel85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:31 PM   #4352
tamobhuuta

I am currently:

hi there :) would it be tempting fate to say well done before you reach the 1st? i think that's fantastic.

Old 09-12-2010, 11:58 PM   #4353
risenfromperdition
you are loved and beautiful :)

The following content has been hidden - Reason : long list of quotes

•"Forgiveness is giving up all hope of having had a better past."
— Anne Lamott
•"You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do."
— Anne Lamott
•"I do not understand the mystery of grace -- only that it meets us where we are and does not leave us where it found us."
— Anne Lamott
•"Everyone wanted me to get help and rejoin life, pick up the pieces and move on, and I tried to, I wanted to, but I just had to lie in the mud with my arms wrapped around myself, eyes closed, grieving, until I didn’t have to anymore."
— Anne Lamott
•"Lighthouses don’t go running all over an island looking for boats to save; they just stand there shining."
— Anne Lamott
•"Your problem is how you are going to spend this one and precious life you have been issued. Whether you're going to spend it trying to look good and creating the illusion that you have power over circumstances, or whether you are going to taste it, enjoy it and find out the truth about who you are.
-Anne Lamott
•We're here to know God, to love and serve God, and to be blown away by the beauty and miracle of nature. You just have to get rid of so much baggage to be light enough to dance, to sing, to play. You don't have time to carry grudges; you don't have time to cling to the need to be right.
-Anne Lamott
•"Not forgiving is like drinking cat poison and then waiting for the rat to die."
— Anne Lamott
•"I have a lot of faith. But I am also afraid a lot, and have no real certainty about anything. I remembered something Father Tom had told me--that the opposite of faith is not doubt, but certainty. Certainty is missing the point entirely. Faith includes noticing the mess, the emptiness and discomfort, and letting it be there until some light returns."
— Anne Lamott
•"Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don't give up."
-Anne Lamott
•"Hope is not about proving anything. It's about choosing to believe this one thing, that love is bigger than any grim, bleak **** anyone can throw at us."
-Anne Lamott
•"It's funny: I always imagined when I was a kid that adults had some kind of inner toolbox full of shiny tools: the saw of discernment, the hammer of wisdom, the sandpaper of patience. But then when I grew up I found that life handed you these rusty bent old tools - friendships, prayer, conscience, honesty - and said 'do the best you can with these, they will have to do'. And mostly, against all odds, they do. "
— Anne Lamott
•"When God is going to do something wonderful, He always starts with a hardship; when God is going to do something amazing, He starts with an impossibility. "
— Anne Lamott
•"Forgiveness means it finally becomes unimportant that you hit back. You're done. It doesn't necessarily mean that you want to have lunch with the person. If you keep hitting back, you stay trapped in the nightmare..."
— Anne Lamott
•"If you have a body, you are entitled to the full range of feelings. It comes with the package."
— Anne Lamott
•"I worry that Jesus drinks himself to sleep when he hears me talk like this."
— Anne Lamott
•"Jealousy always has been my cross, the weakness and woundedness in me that has most often caused me to feel ugly and unlovable, like the Bad Seed. I’ve had many years of recovery and therapy, years filled with intimate and devoted friendships, yet I still struggle.
-Anne Lamott
•"...since you can't heal your own sick mind with your own sick mind, I needed to consult somebody else's sick mind."
— Anne Lamott
•"Man is born broken. He lives by mending. The grace of God is glue"
— Anne Lamott
•"She said to go ahead and feel the feelings. I did. They felt like ****."
— Anne Lamott
•"...because when people have seen you at their worst, you don't have to put on the mask as much."
— Anne Lamott
•"The depth of the feeling continued to surprise and threaten me, but each time it hit again and I bore it...I would discover that it hadn't washed me away."
-Anne Lamott
•"Sometimes grace works like water wings when you feel you are sinking."
— Anne Lamott
•"Sometimes this human stuff is slimy and pathetic...but better to feel it and talk about it and walk through it than to spend a lifetime being silently poisoned."
— Anne Lamott
•"It was not facing what life dealt that made you crazy, but rather trying to set life straight where it was unstraightenable."
— Anne Lamott
•"Try looking at your mind as a wayward puppy that you are trying to paper train. You don't drop-kick a puppy into the neighbor's yard every time it piddles on the floor. You just keep bringing it back to the newspaper."
— Anne Lamott
•"Anne Lamott’s priest friend Tom, how to get through:
"Left foot, right foot, left foot, breathe," he said. "Right foot, left foot, right foot, breathe."
•"Toni Morrison said, "The function of freedom is to free someone else," and if you are no longer wracked or in bondage to a person or a way of life, tell your story. Risk freeing someone else. Not everyone will be glad that you did. Members of your family and other critics may wish you had kept your secrets. Oh, well, what are you going to do?"
-Anne Lamott
•"God sent Jesus to join the human experience, which means to make a lot of mistakes. Jesus didn't arrive here knowing how to walk. He had fingers and toes, confusion, sexual feelings, crazy human internal processes. He had the same prejudices as the rest of his tribe: he had to learn that the Canaanite woman was a person. He had to suffer the hardships and tedium and setbacks of being a regular person. If he hadn't the incarnation would mean nothing."
-Anne Lamott
•"I wish grace and healing were more abracadabra kind of things. Also, that delicate silver bells would ring to announce grace's arrival. But no, it's clog and slog and scootch, on the floor, in the silence, in the dark."
— Anne Lamott
•"...most of the time, all you have is the moment, and the imperfect love of the people around you."
— Anne Lamott
•"Help" is a prayer that is always answered. It doesn't matter how you pray--with your head bowed in silence, or crying out in grief, or dancing. Churches are good for prayer, but so are garages and cars and mountains and showers and dance floors. Years ago I wrote an essay that began, "Some people think that God is in the details, but I have come to believe that God is in the bathroom."
-Anne Lamott
•"You were loved because God loves, period. God loved you, and everyone, not because you believed in certain things, but because you were a mess, and lonely, and His or Her child. God loved you no matter how crazy you felt on the inside, no matter what a fake you were; always, even in your current condition, even before coffee. God sees only your marvelousness and need."
— Anne Lamott
•It's a line from a poem by Rumi. The line is "Each must enter the nest made by the other imperfect birds", and it's really about how these kind of scraggly, raggedy nests that are our lives are the sanctuary for other people to step into, and that if you want to see the divine, you really step into the absolute ordinary. When you're at your absolutely most lost and dejected ... where do you go? You go to the nests left by other imperfect birds, you find other people who've gone through it. You find the few people you can talk to about it.
-Anne Lamott
•"She felt as if the mosaic she had been assembling out of life's little shards got dumped to the ground, and there was no way to put it back together."
— Anne Lamott
•"Trying to reason with an addict was like trying to blow out a lightbulb."
— Anne Lamott
•"I guess he'll have to figure out someday that he is supposed to have this dark side, that it is part of what it means to be human, to have the darkness just as much as the light- that in fact the dark parts make the light visible; without them, the light would disappear.
-Anne Lamott
•"So what are we supposed to do again, when we hate everything? You stop pretending life is such fun or makes sense. It's often messy and cruel and dull, and we do the best we can. It's unfair, and jerks seem to win. But you love a few people. You're the angel God sent me."
— Anne Lamott

:)
the one i really liked:
•"You were loved because God loves, period. God loved you, and everyone, not because you believed in certain things, but because you were a mess, and lonely, and His or Her child. God loved you no matter how crazy you felt on the inside, no matter what a fake you were; always, even in your current condition, even before coffee. God sees only your marvelousness and need."
— Anne Lamott

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

risenfromperdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:58 AM   #4354
tamobhuuta

I am currently:

love those Heather, thank you. love this one especially
Quote:
•"I do not understand the mystery of grace -- only that it meets us where we are and does not leave us where it found us."
— Anne Lamott
how are you?

Old 11-12-2010, 05:42 AM   #4355
Freedom Fighter

i am digging the sig/avatar heather

Then wear the gold hat, if that will move her;
If you can bounce high, bounce for her too,
Till she cry "Lover, gold-hatted, high-bouncing lover,
I must have you!"

Thomas Parke D’Invilliers

Freedom Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:52 AM   #4356
HerNameGoesHere
Maybe if my heart stops beating it wont hurt

I am currently:

Is it bad to dislike worshiping God?
When I am at church, or alone, or anywhere. I hate worshiping. I never have felt anything there. I feel like I am screaming at a brick wall.

HerNameGoesHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:11 AM   #4357
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

My life is crazy. Someone remind me to post tomorrow explaining how so?
Yes, the purpose of this post is to say that tomorrow I'll make a post...

SI free solely by the grace of God!
August 2, 2007

healingraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:15 AM   #4358
Freedom Fighter

want a text S?

Then wear the gold hat, if that will move her;
If you can bounce high, bounce for her too,
Till she cry "Lover, gold-hatted, high-bouncing lover,
I must have you!"

Thomas Parke D’Invilliers

Freedom Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:49 AM   #4359
tamobhuuta

I am currently:

HerName... - worship/prayer etc can be tough when we don't feel like there's anyone there. i donn't think that makes you bad. but maybe find ways to have God in your life that don't require you to force things? i don't know what but maybe have a think, read some books about different ways of praying?

Old 11-12-2010, 06:34 PM   #4360
pixiedust_11

I am currently:

I'm really glad there is a thread on here for Christians :) Although I'd kind of like to share my story and how I'm struggling a bit with God and how it sometimes contributes to my SI in contrast to how a lot of people says it helps them. I've always been a believer in God and I've been in and out of several churches for most of my life - I even used to sing in the Church Choirs, but because of a lot of bad experiences with some judgemental people my family stopped going back. Recently in the last couple of years I've really been tested, not because of bad things that have happened to me, just because I've been more open to new things. I enjoy thinking about it, but at the same time I think it's affirmed my faith even more. However, the problem for me has really stemmed from not feeling good enough, and everytime I think about failing God, it makes me want to punish myself. I used to be in such a bad place about this, and every night when I prayed to say sorry, I'd feel bad for having to say sorry for the same things every day. And so now 2 years later, amongst a whole bunch of other triggering reasons, I always feel confused and not quite right about this. For the past couple of months I've stopped being able to feel God, and although someone has reassured me that this is just part of the 'journey' and learning not to be reliant on the warm fuzzy feeling you get inside of having a relationship with God, it has still in the past driven me to SI in order to just feel something.

Sorry if that seemed like a bit of a pointless story, I've just never been able to speak about it before and it kinda feels good to know that other people might be able to understand and relate :)

pixiedust_11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)