Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 09-07-2007, 08:13 PM   #1
Keep Smiling
ASofterWorld

I am currently:
Triggering (ED) - The Pill

i went to the doctors today to get the morning after pill and she has also prescribed me onto the contraceptive pill.

she was explaining the cycle in which to take the pill and blah blah blah but i am just really concerned because of a few things.
-i havn't actually had a proper period since early last year so i don't know what my cycle is, so i won't really know when to take it.
-i don't want to put on weight.
-she says that i need to stop smoking aswell. [hmph]
-im scared it is going to mess up my body in general... i don't like taking things that i am not sure about,, i know this is a clinically proven pill but i am still edgy about it, im scared of taking it for the same reason i have never wanted to be put on medication... im scared people are drugging me.

i know going on the pill is my best option right now but i don't feel safe.

i explained to her that i have an eating disorder and she seemed to understand that it would cause some problems, like everyone is supposed to when taking the morning after pill i am going back to see her in 3 weeks if i havn't had a period.

i don't know what the point of this was at all now i look back at it,, any thoughts/advice/similar experiences that can be shared will be greatly appreciated.

thank you.

lucy.
x x x

go on a journey, & roam the streets,
can't see the way out, & so use the stars.
she sits for eternity, & then climbs out.
she's the glowing sun, so come out.

Keep Smiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:22 PM   #2
Sans Peur

I have been on the pill for around 18 months.

From my own personal experience is that it has helped my periods become regular and normal.I havent gained weight due to the pill but the weight that i do gain through out my cycle is water weight which is a bit of an arse but you get used to it.It made my depression slightly worse to begin with.

what pill are you going on?

Every single pill is different and effects everyone differently

Sans Peur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:23 PM   #3
LyndseyB

I am currently:

I'm not sure hun, but I have the same concerns so any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated!

I've been on the pill for 3 years and I don't think it's ever had any dramatic impact on my weight. I've also smoked the whole time with no problems.

I stopped taking mine about five months ago and haven't had a period since. I'm thinking about taking it again (started seeing someone and want to be safe) but don't know when to start taking it as you're supposed to have it on the first day of your period.

Sorry I'm absolutely no help! But I second your questions... :P

*hugs*
Lyndsey x

I'm not afraid to fall,
It means I climbed up high.
To fall is not to fail,
You fail when you don't try.

LyndseyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:26 PM   #4
Ami
Perfectly Flawed

I am currently:

Hey what pill are you on?

I ahve been on dianette (for bout 10 month) and yasmin (for about 14 months)... I cant really relate to your question but i can tell you my exeriance with dianette and eating.

I think dianette can be perscribed for bulimia to lower testosterone levels, what a load of bullshit that is! Dianette increases my appitite, but clears my skin up.

However, i think newer pills do not make you gain weight .. and if they do it is only fluid retention that lasts a few weeks until your body is used to it.

Anyways , if you find that certain type of pill isnt suited, there are many moe to try xx

I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.

Ami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:43 PM   #5
hellohefalump
fishki

I was on the pill for a while... It was good, I gained NO weight and had regular periods (something that had never happened before). Contraception is VERY important, I guess maybe it would help to think of how much MORE your body would change if you were pregnant! and even if you had an abortion, it's not something to take lightly, people are mentally scared from abortions for years afterwards and you don't want to be dealing with that. You can always come off it if it doesn't work for you.

If I were a bird - fish
My wings I would spread
I'd swoop over you
And plop on your head.

hellohefalump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:18 PM   #6
plastic rose
tough cookie.

I am currently:

I've had two very dfferent experiences on two different contraceptive pills. Basically each one works differently for different people. The first one I went on was HORRIBLE. I gained weight, I had mood swings, my skin got really bad, I bled for like a whole month... I was absoloutely terrified of going on a different one, so I know how you feel. But the one I'm on now is the complete opposite, it's magic I swear. I have regular, pain-free periods, my skin is a milion times better and all the weight I gained dropped off once my appetite went back to normal.

You sometimes have to try different ones, but you will find one that works for you. Ask for one that is less likely to make you gain weight. Contraception is important, but I dont know why they are giving you the pill if you smoke, that puts you at risk of blood clots... if you really have to go on it you really do have to stop smoking...

Take care hun. x

Last edited by plastic rose : 09-07-2007 at 10:31 PM.

sarah
* pm me * chat * supporters * eating disorders info *
* you don't have to "look like" you have an eating disorder to have one. *

plastic rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:20 PM   #7
Ami
Perfectly Flawed

I am currently:

plasticrose .. whats this magic pill you are on?!!

I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.

Ami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:29 PM   #8
plastic rose
tough cookie.

I am currently:

Dianette. Unfortunately, it can only be prescribed as a treatment for acne, hirutidism (excess hair growth) or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, because it has a slightly higher risk of blood clots and deep vein thrombosis and stuff than other ones, they won't give it to you just as a contraceptive. My dermatologist prescribed it, after my GP refused to prescribe it for me because of the risks. It really has made my skin really clear. And it didn't make me gain weight at all or increase my appetite. But things

I've heard LOTS of people say that Yasmin is like a miracle pill too, for many people. It's the only other one approved for acne treatment so it's good if you have bad skin, but it an be prescribed as just a contraceptive by a GP. But, it's expensive, so a lot of GP's don't want to prescribe it. But if you push them hard enough because you've had bad results with other ones, it might work just as well.

Last edited by plastic rose : 09-07-2007 at 11:50 PM.

sarah
* pm me * chat * supporters * eating disorders info *
* you don't have to "look like" you have an eating disorder to have one. *

plastic rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:44 PM   #9
HopeRises

I'm on the pill, Mycrogene 30. I've been on it for probably almost 2years.
I smoke aswell and have done since before I went on the pill, doctors aren't that fussed until your older anyways (or mine certaintly aint anyway) Just make sure you go for regular check ups. Although quitting smoking would be good for you.

I did put on weight to begin with but it leveled out, It was because it improved my appitite but I didn't eat healthy, so for awhile I was eating to cooked dinners in the evening. but like I said it leveled out and lots of people don't put on weight.

I also have the medicine fear although since taking it, I've actually got better with meds now I guess as I'm used to taking it day in day out.

Life can be beautiful if you let it.
Step back, breathe and take it in

HopeRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:56 PM   #10
Keep Smiling
ASofterWorld

I am currently:

thank you for all of your quick replies =) they have really helped me *cuddles you all*

i have been put on Microgynon 30 aswell. im guessing tomorrow should be the first day i take it as i was prescribed it today. i just get overlly worried about stupid things i guess *shrug*

i kinda did something stupid aswell...
i read through the booklet i got with the morning after pill and it has a section on 'what happens if you are sick/vomit' and it said 'if you are sick within 3 hours of taking the pill you must get a repeat prescription'... i purged 3 and a half hours after i had taken it and am now feeling like a complete and total idiot *spams self*

lucy.
x x x

go on a journey, & roam the streets,
can't see the way out, & so use the stars.
she sits for eternity, & then climbs out.
she's the glowing sun, so come out.

Keep Smiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:05 PM   #11
surprising mystery

I am currently:

I tbh, never had any problem with popping a contraceptive pill as there are so many other (more contriversial) drugs I am on for other stuff.

I have had weird experiances with pills, no weight gain though. I tried two types of eostrogen pills and they didnt work, one was Dianette (just remembered) My periods were fine however I felt sick, especially in the car. I have a phobia of feeling/ being sick so I had to stop it right away, whether that was the real cause or not, I couldnt chance it.

So then I had the implanon (slow release progesterone only), a small implant that goes under the skin in the inner, upper arm. This was supposed to stop my periods, however, as unlucky as I am, I had one for 5 weeks, so I got a POP progesterone only pill to stop my periods. It has made them very light, but still it is almost continuos. rawrrr :(

The progesterone only is good if you wanna reduce side effects of feeling sick, and I believe it has a lesser rate of people who gain weight from it, however, regular periods are a healthy sign and if you need that as you havent been having regular periods, I think this isnt suitable for you.

It took me three appointments with a nurse and a dr to decide what was best and get it working, you can always stop any time. Babies dont just 'stop' :S lol

L_M_G is my mummy :) inkerman and razorbladedarling are my two non-identical twin sprogs (concieved on same day) Scabette< cos she has the cutest puppy dog eyes and i cant resist!feeling-afraid< my bottle of glitter!! which i just have to have :Pmidnight stars< my gorgeous sister, whom i love to bits ;) Dance With The Fairy< *star*gazing*buddie :] Broken-Fairy is my partner in crime ;) little_miss is my real life saviour PaperClip is my stationary queen

surprising mystery is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)