RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 01-10-2010, 11:53 AM   #61
Ettie
E.T.

I am currently:

Hey Miggy
hope you are feeling a bit better- i know its been a little while since you posted.
Chats one way to talk live, or just to talk there is also the genral forms, the RYL house is cool though a little intimidating, as well as the tree house fort which is for the young and young at heart.

If youre looking for support, the serious discussion forms is the place to go, and most people are really nice there.

Hope that helps, PM me anytime

Doing what you love can be the loneliest time of your life
A climbers day starts at the crux, getting out of bed.

Ettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 07:56 PM   #62
twisted-mirrors

I am currently:

hi...I am new and I am completely lost as to where I should post my thread, and I really need help. For the last months I've been convincing myself everything is fine and that I am making a big deal out of small things, but I can't pretend anymore. I can't talk to friends because they think I should have another focus on and get over it; I can't ttalk to parents because they have enough problems on their own.
I know it's stupid to be so dramatic when so many people here and in general are dealing with so much harder things, but I really need to talk to someone.
I went to another city for the summer to work and it was a big mistake, but I couldn't move. While there I saw way too many things. I was fired from a job for not sleeping with the boss, but i wasn't on contract so..oh well. And then everything else got really bad. I saw too many addict and druncs and homeless people and for few weeks i had to think about what will happen if i don't find another job, and i was going to be left on the street(i was in another country, not my own, so i didn't know anyone)...that passed. A friend of mine was assulted and was adviced to leave the city, which she did. Someone I knew was shot near to my street. A close friend, whom I deeply love kept overdosing with drugs and painkillers and no matter what i did i couldn't help, and i was so angry at him for doing this that i didn't speak to him when he went in jail and he's back in jail for 6 years, and i am back in my country, and I have a lot of things to do. But everything seems so further and relative now, I really don't want to do anything and I keep crying and yelling at people for little reasons and I just don't know what to do. I have never before this summer had to deal even remotely close with any of those things, especially death- no death in my family or relative or relative of relative or anyone I knew at all, no one with any substance problems...it's like I was under this glass bubble and now the bubble is broken and i really...I'm really confused and depressed. I need to talk to someone but I really don't know where I would have to put topic or if what i'm saying makes any sense

twisted-mirrors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 08:58 PM   #63
Katiee
It's full of lonely.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted-mirrors View Post
hi...I am new and I am completely lost as to where I should post my thread, and I really need help. For the last months I've been convincing myself everything is fine and that I am making a big deal out of small things, but I can't pretend anymore. I can't talk to friends because they think I should have another focus on and get over it; I can't ttalk to parents because they have enough problems on their own.
I know it's stupid to be so dramatic when so many people here and in general are dealing with so much harder things, but I really need to talk to someone.
I went to another city for the summer to work and it was a big mistake, but I couldn't move. While there I saw way too many things. I was fired from a job for not sleeping with the boss, but i wasn't on contract so..oh well. And then everything else got really bad. I saw too many addict and druncs and homeless people and for few weeks i had to think about what will happen if i don't find another job, and i was going to be left on the street(i was in another country, not my own, so i didn't know anyone)...that passed. A friend of mine was assulted and was adviced to leave the city, which she did. Someone I knew was shot near to my street. A close friend, whom I deeply love kept overdosing with drugs and painkillers and no matter what i did i couldn't help, and i was so angry at him for doing this that i didn't speak to him when he went in jail and he's back in jail for 6 years, and i am back in my country, and I have a lot of things to do. But everything seems so further and relative now, I really don't want to do anything and I keep crying and yelling at people for little reasons and I just don't know what to do. I have never before this summer had to deal even remotely close with any of those things, especially death- no death in my family or relative or relative of relative or anyone I knew at all, no one with any substance problems...it's like I was under this glass bubble and now the bubble is broken and i really...I'm really confused and depressed. I need to talk to someone but I really don't know where I would have to put topic or if what i'm saying makes any sense
Hey!
I'm sorry to hear you've been through so much ):
Perhaps you could post this in Serious Discussion?
You can always e-mail the RYL Supporters too. They provide emotional support and a listening ear. Their e-mail address is: support@recoveryourlife.com or you can PM me :]
Hope you're okay. <3

<3.

Katiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2010, 09:50 PM   #64
twisted-mirrors

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiee View Post
Hey!
I'm sorry to hear you've been through so much ):
Perhaps you could post this in Serious Discussion?
You can always e-mail the RYL Supporters too. They provide emotional support and a listening ear. Their e-mail address is: support@recoveryourlife.com or you can PM me :]
Hope you're okay. <3
Hey Katiee...thank you! It's such a relief having someone who doesn't think I am just blowing things out of proportion. It's such a relief being able to finally talk with someone about these things, it's been terrible having to keep everything in for months, just trying to make everyone believe I am ok.
I guess I will post it in the serious discussion part, tomorrow though, cause I am competely exhausted today, and writing about it one more seems too much, way too much

twisted-mirrors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2011, 07:52 AM   #65
Bell-Fairy

I am currently:

Sooo... I'm new, and I don't really know what to do. >///< I guess I'll start by introducing myself.
I'm Isabella (but call me Belle or Bella; Isabella's too formal :P). I'm 16 and in the 10th grade. I've been self-harming since the 7th grade. Although I'm not really aiming to stop cold-turkey, I do realize that I need help, and support. Since very few people know I cut, and I don't like to talk to people about it (same for my depression,and feelings in general), I don't really have anyone to guide me. I realize this is mostly due to the fact that I don't communicate my feelings, but I feel really uncomfortable talking about them, and whenever I do, I feel guilty for making the person frustrated/worried. This is the main reason I've joined this community. I feel that it will be easier to express what I'm feeling to people who not only can relate to what I'm going through, but also whom are unbiased. So, that's the basics about me. I hope I can help people out, and perhaps get help too. ^ ^

Last edited by Bell-Fairy : 27-05-2011 at 09:09 PM.

-There is beauty everywhere

Bell-Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2011, 04:50 PM   #66
JAOO

I am currently:

This is hard, don't know what to say. Ok, I'm Julie and I'm very new here. I have been self-harming for just over a month now. It would be nice to meet like-minded people and not those who sit in judgement of me when I talk about what I do. if anyone wants to get to know me, please feel free to message me or however it works on here.

JAOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2011, 11:35 PM   #67
ninais

I am currently:
Hi...New and a bit LOST!

Hello....I'm a 45 year old woman who started cutting at the age of 21 after an abusive childhood during which time I had to "take care of" my abusers. I managed to raise a daughter (she's nearly 17) without cutting myself more than once...but I still "white knuckle" it frequently. I recently discovered that my daughter cut herself a few times last year and that worries me as well, but it seems she didn't develop the "addiction." I bought a book yesterday by Steven Levenkron called Cutting and I'm finding it a bit triggering. Of course I was in a mild "white knuckle" phase when I purchased it. I had hoped it could make sense of things, help me recover after all these years. I'm an artist, teacher, writer, and expressive arts therapist, believe it or not. I'm a also published poet...I tell people I "invented" Emo. ;) What parts of this forum might be most helpful to me? (and nice to meet you all) Also...how do I post my mood like you all seem to be able to do? (edit: nevermind, I figured out how to do that much.)

Last edited by ninais : 18-04-2011 at 11:41 PM. Reason: figured out how to post my mood!

Ninais

ninais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2011, 02:04 PM   #68
f***ing_perfect_to_me

I am currently:

Hey everyone just joined RYL today, first step for me to the long road of recovery but I'm hoping I'll get there :(

Hoping to meet some like minded people who know how I'm feeling for a change :(

xxx

f***ing_perfect_to_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:46 PM   #69
Bookgirl

I am currently:
hi

hi

i'm new

and a little confused

Bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2011, 10:18 PM   #70
melancholy heartbreak
melancholy heartbreak

I am currently:

I know this is a random question, but when replying to threads, how do u give people hugs?

melancholy heartbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2011, 10:21 PM   #71
melancholy heartbreak
melancholy heartbreak

I am currently:

Hey, i know this is random but how do you give people hugs when replying to threads??

melancholy heartbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 12:06 AM   #72
Optimus Pirate
Chat Mod

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farah91 View Post
Hey, i know this is random but how do you give people hugs when replying to threads??
In the forums where you can do this (and it's not all of them) there is a HUG button underneath the first post of the thread on the right hand side - next to the quote and multi-quote buttons

More than a little fruity...

Optimus Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2011, 03:59 PM   #73
Living-Dead-Girl

I am currently:

Hello. I am not exactly sure what to do with this website.
I'm not exactly what help I am needing..

I've been depressed for 9 years now. And I never cared to get better because I also truly hate myself. A few years back I entered into a serious relationship for the first time and was in it for nearly one year.. Before I came to find out I had been being cheated on for 6 months, and I was being left for the other person. I tried committing suicide but I was forcefully stopped just before.. But It broke me as a person and made it hard for me to trust anyone with anything. I never intended to have another relationship again, for fear of anything happening again.
In the 2011 year I fell in love again, I couldn't help myself.
I met the most amazing person I have ever met, we became friends and lovers. But my past is still haunting me. I find myself having paranoid thoughts and it causes arguments with her, sometimes.. I know for a fact she would never do anything to hurt me but my innate thoughts just.. They just don't allow me to believe it some times.

The pain I was causing her was too much and she broke up with me last night. After the end of the night she said she made a mistake and wishes we could get back together. But I told her I won't allow her to hurt herself anymore, so I will not return to her until I can get help.

So here is, I guess the question I am asking... What should I do? I have no clue as to where to start at all with this.
I'm fairly certain I have down what is causing the problems.. My depression and hatred for myself brings me to believe she is too good for me. So that, along with my previous trust issues bring about paranoid thoughts.
And in turn I accidentally, and wrongfully, take them out on her..

What should I do to get help..? I can't afford a therapist.. I'm not sure I even want to go to one. I've had bad experiences there.. I got hurt more than helped. =[

Sorry for so much text, thank you for reading..

Living-Dead-Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 11:07 AM   #74
Equanimity
I will always need you

I am currently:

I'm. Completely lost whats a buddy list why are some names different colors and I can't acsess the chat and well I'm confuse O__o

Equanimity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:37 PM   #75
Anna M.

I am currently:

Hey im new here too and soo lost! Is this the right spot to post this? If not super sorry. Right now im just trying to find someone to be my friend that i can talk to. Again if this is the wrong spot to put this sorry!

Anna M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:45 AM   #76
crazykat
Fight for another day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell-Fairy View Post
Sooo... I'm new, and I don't really know what to do. >///< I guess I'll start by introducing myself.
I'm Isabella (but call me Belle or Bella; Isabella's too formal :P). I'm 16 and in the 10th grade. I've been self-harming since the 7th grade. Although I'm not really aiming to stop cold-turkey, I do realize that I need help, and support. Since very few people know I cut, and I don't like to talk to people about it (same for my depression,and feelings in general), I don't really have anyone to guide me. I realize this is mostly due to the fact that I don't communicate my feelings, but I feel really uncomfortable talking about them, and whenever I do, I feel guilty for making the person frustrated/worried. This is the main reason I've joined this community. I feel that it will be easier to express what I'm feeling to people who not only can relate to what I'm going through, but also whom are unbiased. So, that's the basics about me. I hope I can help people out, and perhaps get help too. ^ ^
Hi Bella,
It's nice to meet you, I hope you find the support you need here. Also you might find The Guide To RYL helpful. All the best
Kat xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAOO View Post
This is hard, don't know what to say. Ok, I'm Julie and I'm very new here. I have been self-harming for just over a month now. It would be nice to meet like-minded people and not those who sit in judgement of me when I talk about what I do. if anyone wants to get to know me, please feel free to message me or however it works on here.
Hi Julie,
It's nice to meet you, I hope you find it helpful here. Take care
Kat xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninais View Post
Hello....I'm a 45 year old woman who started cutting at the age of 21 after an abusive childhood during which time I had to "take care of" my abusers. I managed to raise a daughter (she's nearly 17) without cutting myself more than once...but I still "white knuckle" it frequently. I recently discovered that my daughter cut herself a few times last year and that worries me as well, but it seems she didn't develop the "addiction." I bought a book yesterday by Steven Levenkron called Cutting and I'm finding it a bit triggering. Of course I was in a mild "white knuckle" phase when I purchased it. I had hoped it could make sense of things, help me recover after all these years. I'm an artist, teacher, writer, and expressive arts therapist, believe it or not. I'm a also published poet...I tell people I "invented" Emo. ;) What parts of this forum might be most helpful to me? (and nice to meet you all) Also...how do I post my mood like you all seem to be able to do? (edit: nevermind, I figured out how to do that much.)
Hello,
It's nice to meet you. You might find the veterans corner helpful and you might also want to post in the creative corner. Also here is The Guide To RYL that you might find helpful. Take care
Kat xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by f***ing_perfect_to_me View Post
Hey everyone just joined RYL today, first step for me to the long road of recovery but I'm hoping I'll get there :(

Hoping to meet some like minded people who know how I'm feeling for a change :(

xxx
Hi
Welcome to RYL
I hope you find it helpful here
If you need anything PM me
Take care
Kat xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookgirl View Post
hi

i'm new

and a little confused
Hi
What are you confused about? Here is The Guide To RYL, that may help answer some of your questions. Take care
Kat xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Living-Dead-Girl View Post
Hello. I am not exactly sure what to do with this website.
I'm not exactly what help I am needing..

I've been depressed for 9 years now. And I never cared to get better because I also truly hate myself. A few years back I entered into a serious relationship for the first time and was in it for nearly one year.. Before I came to find out I had been being cheated on for 6 months, and I was being left for the other person. I tried committing suicide but I was forcefully stopped just before.. But It broke me as a person and made it hard for me to trust anyone with anything. I never intended to have another relationship again, for fear of anything happening again.
In the 2011 year I fell in love again, I couldn't help myself.
I met the most amazing person I have ever met, we became friends and lovers. But my past is still haunting me. I find myself having paranoid thoughts and it causes arguments with her, sometimes.. I know for a fact she would never do anything to hurt me but my innate thoughts just.. They just don't allow me to believe it some times.

The pain I was causing her was too much and she broke up with me last night. After the end of the night she said she made a mistake and wishes we could get back together. But I told her I won't allow her to hurt herself anymore, so I will not return to her until I can get help.

So here is, I guess the question I am asking... What should I do? I have no clue as to where to start at all with this.
I'm fairly certain I have down what is causing the problems.. My depression and hatred for myself brings me to believe she is too good for me. So that, along with my previous trust issues bring about paranoid thoughts.
And in turn I accidentally, and wrongfully, take them out on her..

What should I do to get help..? I can't afford a therapist.. I'm not sure I even want to go to one. I've had bad experiences there.. I got hurt more than helped. =[

Sorry for so much text, thank you for reading..
Hi
It's sounds like things have been quite painful in your past. Other than going to a therapist I really don't know what else to suggest but if you post in General Support and Advice I am sure someone would be able to give you some advice on what to do. Take care
Kat xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equanimity View Post
I'm. Completely lost whats a buddy list why are some names different colors and I can't acsess the chat and well I'm confuse O__o
Hi
Welcome to RYL, you might want to have a read of The Guide To RYL, as it may help answer some of your questions including that about the buddy list. The people with different coloured names are the mods and the head. The Chat Mods are green, the forum mods red and Harley the head is black. If you still can't access chat, you can message them here. Hope this helps. Take care
Kat xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna M. View Post
Hey im new here too and soo lost! Is this the right spot to post this? If not super sorry. Right now im just trying to find someone to be my friend that i can talk to. Again if this is the wrong spot to put this sorry!
Hi
Welcome to RYL, you might find it helpful to read The Guide To RYL to help answer of your questions. As for meeting new people posting around the forums and/or using chat is a great way to meet new people. Take care
Kat xxx

"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."

crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2011, 11:26 PM   #77
XXbulletsoulXX

I am currently:

Ya this is cool. I'm Ella by the way, I just joined this thing..

XXbulletsoulXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2012, 03:54 AM   #78
chaseitaway
You're not alone anymore. <3

I am currently:
How do I set up a profile?

Hello I am pretty new here and I'm not sure how to put cool things on my profile like pictures and sayings like others have. Also, what is pm and how do I use it? I have posted a few things and just want to say that everyone sonfar has been more than helpful and genuinely compassionate and I think this site is just what I needed.

chaseitaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2012, 03:59 AM   #79
chinahorse

I am currently:

Hi.

If you look at the top of the page on the left- below the live help thingy there is a link to your 'Control Panel'. Click on it and then on the left of that page are links to 'Edit Signature' and 'Edit Avatar' (picture when you post) etc.

A PM is a private message. Basically like an email between you and the person you send it to (or that is my understanding). The easiest way to send one is to click on somones username and follow the link on their profile. Or if you know their username you can type it directly into the recipients bar. To get to your PM inbox etc there is a link on the top right hand of the page called 'Private Messages'.

Glad you find it helpful here.

Given enough tea I could rule the world.

chinahorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2012, 04:05 AM   #80
chaseitaway
You're not alone anymore. <3

I am currently:

Thank you, this helps a lot!

chaseitaway is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)