RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 02-12-2008, 06:41 PM   #41
Aidee

I am currently:

NP, I'm actually going to just post Typsee's post here since more people seem to be reading this thread than the other one.

This is Typsee's explanation of why they set the rules how they did regarding the bracelets vs. text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by typsee View Post
Quote:
Maybe I missed it, I didn't follow the other thread very carefully, but what is the difference between the bracelet and saying something like "one month free" or 'free since Jan 1st, 2008"? I would've thought the bracelet was more prominent than some text.

The truth is, we had to draw a line somewhere so it was clear for people to follow and understand .... and so while it may seem that recovery statements such as -

"10 days free"

or

"in recovery since 5th MArch '08"

... are just as harmless and non-triggering as a virtual bracelet with writing in it, these statements were just too similar in their layout to the original "Last SI/OD" sigs, not to mention that it wouldnt stop people from saying that they were -

"in recovery for 3 hours"

... or something equally absurd ... and a member could keep updating their sig so often that it would indicate when they cut/ODed/purged etc, and it would be just as triggering as the "last SI/OD sigs!

So we decided against the recovery-worded dates in people's sigs as well, as the potential for twisting it around to make it just as triggering/annoying/attention seeking as the original "last SI/OD" sigs that people were complaining about, was just too great.

I hope that helps explain things a bit better .... but the reality of it is that we needed to draw a line somewhere, and this is what we decided.

Well it breaks my heart to see you this way,
The beauty in life, where's it gone?
And somebody told me you were doing okay,
Somehow I guess they were wrong.

Aidee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:51 PM   #42
Chaos
* Kez *

I am currently:

Im quite upset that after SH'ing for nearly 10 years i can no longer celebrate my 21 months recovery.
but will abide by the rules none the less.

~*~ Proud Cat Owner ~*~

"The smallest feline is a masterpiece." - Leonardo Da Vinci

Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:54 PM   #43
Sans Peur

why cant you celebrate it?

Sans Peur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:56 PM   #44
Heidi Tiger
Loon NOS

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
Im quite upset that after SH'ing for nearly 10 years i can no longer celebrate my 21 months recovery.
You can celebrate it, make a thread in moving forward, put it in your journal or on your profile. There are still plenty of places to discuss your achievements on RYL.

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination

Heidi Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:29 PM   #45
[Purple_Rain]
Forum Mod

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
you can still celebrate it. as was said, you cna make a thread in moveing forward, put it in your profile or your journal, or use one of the bracelets (the liner ones have 1 year 9 months as an option i belive) or if you wanted a word once on a bracelet i coudl make you a unique one?

"I would be almighty in my own world of art, even if I had to paint my pictures with my wet tongue on the dusty floor of my cell." -Picasso
"No, painting is not done to decorate apartments. It is an instrument of war." - Picasso

'I have scars becuase I have a past; but they, like my past, do not define my future'

[Purple_Rain] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:00 PM   #46
_plastic

Oh my godness thats brilliant !!!

Thanks RYL <3<3

A little angel fell into my arms at the 7th of december 2010
xx Angel my babysisterxx

_plastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 11:56 PM   #47
Tuesday

i love the new bracelets! thanks to all the mods :)

Tuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2008, 01:15 AM   #48
typsee

I am currently:

*points to update in original post in this thread*

update that says -

Quote:

**JUST ADDED - New virtual bracelet design**
courtesy of Dreamer&Believer

ED bracelets & Self harm bracelets

....... ........

Thanks Dreamer&Believer for your great new virtual bracelet design that members can choose from!

typsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2008, 01:16 AM   #49
Wonderland.

Yay
Thanks Monica.

x

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Wonderland. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2008, 12:21 AM   #50
Useless Information 101
We're all in this together :)

I am currently:

This is a brilliant idea!

Itll make me work harder towards recovery :)

Dream.

Useless Information 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 04:51 PM   #51
blue_kk
xxxx .... kay kay .... xxxx

I am currently:

love the new ones
ill be updateing mine 2 9 months in a few days so think ill take a new one

thanks to all whos worked hard to make them

xx

together we can beat this
stay strong
im just a pm away
16years
xxxx :)

blue_kk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 05:40 PM   #52
Chaos
* Kez *

I am currently:

Im sorry, i really dont see how a flourescent orange bracelet with "1 MONTH" written on it, in the biggest picture i have seen in a signiture for a while now, is more discreet than somebody writing "1 Month" in their signiture.

~*~ Proud Cat Owner ~*~

Old 03-01-2009, 05:55 PM   #53
Minty
Pringle is an evil cat

I am currently:

I can't understand how this has solved the problem really, yes I understand there is a restriction on the amount of time so you cant say one day. But 1 week is still up there, yes a week is good in recovery but isn't this just as competitive as some people will have the lowest bracelet able.

Wouldn't it be better to just have a ban on a certain time of recovery that is believed to be competitive or triggering as presented by the bracelets. Or a complete ban , or just the bracelets with the beads no writing ... as these require greater brain work than simply looking and seeing one week.
Maybe different colours could be representive of weeks to months. Then if you glance at someones signature you dont see it automatically but have to have a little think.

This is my opinion but I do think you have tried to eradicate it somewhat.

But I being poor have only my dreams, I have spread my dreams under your feet ; tread softly as you tread on my dreams.

We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars.

Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:09 PM   #54
Chaos
* Kez *

I am currently:

Agrees with Minty.

~*~ Proud Cat Owner ~*~

Old 09-01-2009, 04:40 PM   #55
[Purple_Rain]
Forum Mod

I am currently:

You can resize the images to whatever size you want.

The Bracelets have done what we set out to do, which is that if peopel do want to put recovery times in there sig, it is more recovery orientatied. the problem was we had peopel going "last cut: yesterday :( " which in somewhere like GC was inapropriate. but haveing a recovery bracelet has a whole different meaning. it shows peopel beign rpoud of there time actually in recovery than people putting they cut a few hours ago.

its not supposed to be discreet, its supposed to change from beign slightly competitive/triggering to recoveyr orientated. Having bracelets is no where near as competitive, Its celebratign recovery, nto informing people how bad you are.

people didn't want a complete ban, they wanted to be able to celebrate recovery. Some of the bracelets do indeed have no writing on, but doign it that way you cant cater for that many time frames, hense why the writing is on them too. As for the colours, the different colours represent what your recovering form, so it would be hard to distinguish.

I dont know who the 'you' is your referign to in the last line of your post, minty, but please bare in mind the moderators only brought these rules in becuase that is what the majority of members wanted. If you really would prefer other types of bracelets, i can make you unique ones. But please bare in mind these current set posted in the first post took me over 12 hours to make, so you may have to wait a while, untill i've finished my exams at least.

"I would be almighty in my own world of art, even if I had to paint my pictures with my wet tongue on the dusty floor of my cell." -Picasso
"No, painting is not done to decorate apartments. It is an instrument of war." - Picasso

'I have scars becuase I have a past; but they, like my past, do not define my future'

[Purple_Rain] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2009, 03:41 PM   #56
Minty
Pringle is an evil cat

I am currently:

You was a communal word encorporating all people who had worked on this project , including those who had voted. It is only the opinion I hold, on the situation as an individual . I'm not asking you to make unique ones, as I don't use them anyway and the majority are happy.

But I being poor have only my dreams, I have spread my dreams under your feet ; tread softly as you tread on my dreams.

We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars.

Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:24 PM   #57
blue_kk
xxxx .... kay kay .... xxxx

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shut Me Up. View Post
Well done for all your hard work and stuff, I'm glad this is now a rule. =]

The only thing I am like Ummm about is, if you aren't allowed to write "8 months free" or whatever... why is it allowed to say the exact same thing on a picture of a bracelet... Or are you allowed to write that... O_o
Seen as you are only allow one picture in your sig anyway... Surely a picture attracts more attention than some written words written in white...

Sorry I'm confused.
Glad it has been sorted anyhow. =]

yea i had 10 month free and the mods took it out dont see what was soo bad with it any way a had no choise in deleting it and a have a pic now dont c the difference tho

together we can beat this
stay strong
im just a pm away
16years
xxxx :)

blue_kk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 04:32 PM   #58
Katiee
It's full of lonely.

I am currently:

Awesomeeeeeeee. (:

<3.

Katiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2009, 04:56 AM   #59
Katan
Peace be with you

I am currently:

That is a really good idea :)

God is the only one who sees me as beautiful now, and the eyes of God are the only eyes I care about...

Katan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 04:30 AM   #60
Starmidnite
[2.5.10]

I am currently:

I agree with this^^

Starmidnite is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)