Live Help


View Poll Results: Would you date a porn star?
Yes definitly! 4 12.50%
Nope! 24 75.00%
Other 4 12.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 15-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #1
angel of despair
 
angel of despair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Narnia!
I am currently:
Adult - Would you ever date/ be in a relationship with a porn star?

Lol I was just curious to how many people would be ok with it.

I think i'd only be ok with it if it was in their past and they agreed to be tested for stds

angel of despair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #2
Faulty item
 
Join Date: Nov 2012

tried it twice , last one died of distemper unfortunately.

Faulty item is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #3
ferretmonster
 
ferretmonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: UK

Hell no, I am quite conservative in my sex life, or a prud2, not sure which is the best description, other people can do whatever they please but my love life is very straight forward and traditional






ferretmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #4
The War Doctor
Man ist, was man isst
 
The War Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gallifrey
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockdaleno View Post
tried it twice.
Cool story bro.

Anyway, no, I don't think I'd date a pornstar.

The War Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #5
Faulty item
 
Join Date: Nov 2012

And relax.

Faulty item is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 06:36 PM   #6
Isoverity
 
Isoverity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
I am currently:

A lot of porn "stars" are just abused kids. Some escape the compulsions to degrade themselves and become good people. On the other hand there are people who never made mistakes out of fear and they are secretly foul hearted. I don't diddle around so there's not much chance I would catch any cooties

Isoverity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #7
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.
 
FabulousMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Here, there and everywhere.
I am currently:

And that would be a big 'no' from me, I couldn't be in a relationship like that.

I can deal with being in a relationship with someone that's mental, normal, disabled, black, think, big etc etc but that I couldn't cope with.





FabulousMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 08:19 PM   #8
squirrelspit
 
squirrelspit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoverity View Post
A lot of porn "stars" are just abused kids. Some escape the compulsions to degrade themselves and become good people
You are so wrong.





squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 08:22 PM   #9
Cazki
14/6/2007 -
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I am currently:

A big no from me to. Doesn't appeal to me in the slightest.



14/06/2007 -

Cazki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 08:32 PM   #10
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch
 
Bellatrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: London
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoverity View Post
A lot of porn "stars" are just abused kids. Some escape the compulsions to degrade themselves and become good people
That's not true.
I'm sure some are, just like I'm sure there are abused kid in every profession.

I knew a porn star. Her reason for doing it was because she enjoyed sex and wanted to produce videos that encourage people to try and push their boundaries if that's something they were interested in doing. She wanted to show how sex can be a liberating thing, not something that needed to be hushed up and hidden. I do believe most of her co-stars had similar views.




Imperfection is underrated.



Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #11
GlitterTrashDoll
eZine Editor
 
GlitterTrashDoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sheffield
I am currently:

No, I couldn't be in a relationship with a porn star.

I'd get jealous and protective. I wouldn't be able to deal with my partner being intimate with anyone else, even if it was a job.



DILLIGAF



"it’s when you’re acting selflessly, that you are at your bravest"
- Four.
CTFxC'er forever.


GlitterTrashDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 08:43 PM   #12
Cacoethes
ˇViva la Revolución!
 
Cacoethes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hyrule
I am currently:

according to my neighbors, a director used to film porn movies in the house next to mine. she said she heard it through the walls

not something you would expect in a small Hertfordshire town.



I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!


Who else is fine?!?!?


Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #13
Isoverity
 
Isoverity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellatrix View Post
That's not true.
I'm sure some are, just like I'm sure there are abused kid in every profession.

I knew a porn star. Her reason for doing it was because she enjoyed sex and wanted to produce videos that encourage people to try and push their boundaries if that's something they were interested in doing. She wanted to show how sex can be a liberating thing, not something that needed to be hushed up and hidden. I do believe most of her co-stars had similar views.

Hardly any porn actress I've seen interviewed hasn't had a history of abuse or an overprotective family they were rebelling against. A good article is linked below and I agree with most of it. Just last month here in US we had a big trial taking place in Ohio and it turned out a well known porn actress was from there and she went public with what happened to her there at 10 and nobody was really surprised.

People who smoke, drink, gamble etc will also say they "enjoy it". A person can enjoy sex without getting degraded in a porno film. What goes on in porno films is degrading. Sex acts aside, just having a camera shoved up a person privates is pretty repellent and nobody sensible would want a part of it. I never found such things particularly easy to watch either. They seem good only for medical training lol

As people became more aware of the background of many performers there has been an attempt to polish up the situation and make porny people seem well adjusted people just like anyone else but I dont buy it for a minute. I don't buy SI is "normal" either although a lot of good people get caught up with it for a season. But I've seen people try to polish up SI in same way "Oh even doctors and lawyers/solicitors do it" etc etc


"Where porn stars come from"

http://trueslant.com/susannahbreslin...ars-come-from/

Isoverity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #14
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch
 
Bellatrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: London
I am currently:

^You find porn degrading.

Some people don't. Some people find it liberating and just because you don't enjoy watching it/doing it doesn't mean others don't...

Equal example, I used to think ALL women who wore the hijab were oppressed and controlled. I was wrong, some women want to wear it and enjoy wearing it.

As an aside, I couldn't date a porn star as I wouldn't like them being intimate with someone else.




Imperfection is underrated.



Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 09:22 PM   #15
Heidi Tiger
Loon NOS
 
Heidi Tiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Nottingham
I am currently:

No, I'm a feminist.





Reality leaves a lot to the imagination


Heidi Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 09:22 PM   #16
The One Who
 
The One Who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Somewhere
I am currently:

There's a different between being intimate and having sex though. What if your partner was an actor/actress and had to kiss or more with their colleague?

I probably wouldn't, but only because I don't think I've ever seen an attractive male porn star. But to each their own.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 09:28 PM   #17
Unbreakable.
Lana.
 
Unbreakable.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ~London~
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoverity View Post
A good article is linked below and I agree with most of it.
You do realize that the article says that the majority of people don't have any specific background and that while there are those that have a history of being abused it's not the norm? I did not get that from the view you expressed. I think you're basically saying "I agree with that article, well other than the parts I don't agree with." Duh. I think everyone feels like that.

Also, there is no evidence whatsoever that there are more people with a history of having been abused in porn than in any other business. There is no reason whatsoever to believe that the result would have been a different one if she'd interviewed bankers or doctors or garbage men.





Unbreakable. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 09:29 PM   #18
Unbreakable.
Lana.
 
Unbreakable.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ~London~
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi Tiger View Post
No, I'm a feminist.
Can you eleborate on that? I don't quite see the connection here.





Unbreakable. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 09:29 PM   #19
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch
 
Bellatrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: London
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Who View Post
There's a different between being intimate and having sex though. What if your partner was an actor/actress and had to kiss or more with their colleague?

I probably wouldn't, but only because I don't think I've ever seen an attractive male porn star. But to each their own.

^It's a role. I'd say there's a difference between shooting porn and shooting an intimate scene as a character (and they don't actually have sex). Intimacy isn't something you get in porn, so I found it a bit awkward doing a romantic scene with someone whilst I had a partner but it was one scene in an entire project, not hours of me having sex with him.




Imperfection is underrated.



Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2013, 09:30 PM   #20
Heidi Tiger
Loon NOS
 
Heidi Tiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Nottingham
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Bitch View Post
Can you eleborate on that? I don't quite see the connection here.
I believe that porn is degrading to women, often highly mysogynistic and feeds negative body image.





Reality leaves a lot to the imagination


Heidi Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


Sea Pink Aroma
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:16 PM.