RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-04-2015, 09:30 PM   #1
UnanimousAnonymous

I am currently:
final uni exams, anxiety.

Hi guys,
I haven't posted in a while but I've gotten myself in a real state today. I have my final uni exams, one tomorrow, one next week.
I have often felt a little anxious but today when I have tried to write some practise papers my mind has gone completely blank. So I go away and revise some more, go back, same happens.
I had a break, went back and again I cant remember a thing. I've become more and more frustrated and the heart palpitations started and I've been so tearful. I've come home to bed and cried.
I know I'm feeling a ton of pressure, my January exams let me down for a first and left me on a high 2:2 but since then, my assignments have been firsts (although they are only worth 25% of my overall grade for each module). I have handed in my dissertation and worked so hard on it but of course, I don't know what grade it is so I need these exams to go well, at least 65% in each one but I keep thinking back to how terrible my January exams were. I was ill and rushed and stressed and they were shocking results. I am so desperate for a 2:1 and everyone expects me to get a 2:1, I would be ashamed if I didn't get it.
So here I am, the night before an exam I haven't had much time to prepare for as my dissertation was only handed in on Friday (12000 word scientific research paper, poster and a log book!) as well as working and I'm now a complete mess.

Has anyone got any advice? tips for revising tomorrow morning? keeping calm?

Many thanks in advance

UnanimousAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2015, 10:51 PM   #2
look out a piano
Serial lurker

I am currently:

Sorry haven't got good advice but I wanted to wish you best of luck! Been a fair few years now since I was in that situation but I do vaguely remember staying up all night revising for uni exams (wouldn't recommend this though =P).

I don't know how well this translates between different people/subjects but if I was feeling overwhelmed with details and anxious about the exam in the few hours beforehand I would draw a line under everything and stop revising. Step back and try to relax as best as you can. Maybe think about the bigger picture of what the module is on, no details but vague subject. Remember that you know this. When answering questions (again this might not be applicable to other subjects sorry!) usually start by writing something and that then sparks off remembering more detail about it leading onto more. Easier said then done I know but trust in yourself!

Anyway sorry for the crap advice but you deserve a reply. Good luck!

look out a piano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2015, 11:25 PM   #3
Iamcatbug
Cat

I'm sorry you are so anxious before your exam. I would advise you stop revising now and try to sleep, when you get up in the morning maybe skim read your notes.

I noticed you said that you didn't do too well in your January exams due to ill health, so I was just wondering would it be possible for you to apply to resit them on a first sit basis over the summer?

Finally, while I understand how much you want a 2:1 I think it is important to remember that even if you do eventually come out with a 2:2 you have done well to actually get a degree!

Iamcatbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2015, 11:53 AM   #4
UnanimousAnonymous

I am currently:

Thankyou guys. I have gotten up and come in and been chatting with people, going over what I want to write. Having some breaks. Exam is at 2pm so we shall see what happens. Will let you know, trying to keep calm and used a friends rescue remedy so hoping it will help x

Old 28-04-2015, 12:32 PM   #5
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

Just wanted to say good luck :)

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2015, 05:53 PM   #6
UnanimousAnonymous

I am currently:

Thankyou guys!
The two topics I revised came up! I'm really happy with what I wrote and so whatever the grade, I gave it my all! Now to revise for the next and my final ever exam!

Old 28-04-2015, 07:15 PM   #7
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

That's awesome! Genuinely happy for you . I'm also doing finals so I understand the pressure. It's intense but you are so near, so close. Keep at it! Only one left

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)